Username Post: Inside of cards        (Topic#1566393)
RaquelEG
Veteran
RaquelEG

I'm making my mil a set of cards as a gift for christmas. All kinds of cards, christmas, valentines, birthdays, and such. I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what to put inside the card. Any suggestions. Thank you in advance.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to RaquelEG

You can search the quote section here. Quote garden is good, too. I sometimes print a related quote to put inside the card, or stamp a "Happy Birthday", "Congratulations", etc. Or I leave it blank with a coordinating stamped image on the side or corner.

I always mat, sometimes double-mat the inside (depending on the weight of the card front).

In my opinion you should never, ever leave the inside blank. Just seems unfinished to me.

RaquelEG
Veteran
RaquelEG
In response to kelseymel

That's exactly why I was wondering. The cards just looked undone somehow. And of course the gallery shows the outside of the cards not the inside, which of course makes sense, since thats what really matters.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to RaquelEG

I have made card packages for my relatives, too. Some of the sayings I have used are: hope your day is sweet (with a series of cupcake stickers), Peace: in your heart, in your home, and in your world; Many thanks (with "Thank you" all over the front), "Love is the best medicine" on the front, with a bottom half that says "sending much love your way," A picture of a house on the outside, with an inside that says, "as you move into your new home, may peace and love move in with you." Sympathy cards that say, "your loss is so big and my words so small." Others that I can't think of just yet.

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to jaspernonyx

I do sometimes put a phrase inside, but it depends who will be getting the cards...some people have requested blank inside.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to catzscrapper

yup, guess I should ask if my relatives want any of their cards blank inside!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to jaspernonyx

I double mat my cards inside with complimentary colors,,,,

sometimes I put a strip of the same pp on the bottom,,,,,like a block of it,,,,,,matted.

and I often put a couple of pearls or gems inside if I used some on the outside,,,,,

sometimes a small stamp to match,,,,,,,,like if I did a larger house mouse stamp for the outside, I'll often put a tiny house mouse stamp inside,,colored. Or if I did a flower, I might do some leaves or a smaller flower or even part of the stamp on the side of the inside.

scrappycanuck1
Resident
scrappycanuck1
In response to CommaHolly

Sometimes all I do is add a little coordinating embellishment int he bottom right hand corner with a strip of paper that goes 3/4 of the way across the bottom. It's just a neat way to tie the inside to the outside. Oh, and you can actually put the greeting there too and then your receipient still has loads of room to write a messgae!

scrappin-momma
Veteran
scrappin-momma
In response to scrappycanuck1

I always mat the insides too, and sometimes add a stamp. But I'm partial to handwritten messages and sentiments so I never put anything like that on the inside. I think it's more personal when it's handwritten by the giver. But that's just me.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to scrappin-momma

I try to decorate the right hand side of the inside and leave the left blank so that I can write or who ever I"m giving them to has room to write. I normally on the right leave room for it to be signed and not much else.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics