Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Old pic of house: COMPLETED!!!        (Topic#1566613)
pugs223
Idol
pugs223

Hello all,

Thanks for stopping in to check out this post.

This is a pic of my house from 100 years ago - the lady in the pic is my great grandmother holding my great aunt.

My house - 100 years ago By Pugs223

And here is the final project.....

1911 House pic LO By Pugs223

Edited by pugs223 on 12-12-11 07:26 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

blondey040300
Resident
blondey040300
In response to pugs223

Great pic! I love the new Pink Paislee mistable shadowbox frames...They are awesome! They have kind of a flourished edge that really adds to the frame. You can mist it up with some vintagy colors and add different flowers or trinkets to add to the vintage style. Good luck!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to blondey040300

How wonderful to be living in a home that's been in the family for so long. If those walls could talk... I think doing a 12x12 layout and framing it in a scrapbook page frame would be a great idea. Do you have a copy of a mortgage page from way back then that you could copy off for your background?

lifethroughalens
Veteran
lifethroughalens
In response to dwelch

Good idea! And/Or add a copy of the deed. You could get that at the courthouse for cheap (a couple of dollars) What about taking a picture of your house now from the same angle and include it too. Let us see what you come up with.

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to lifethroughalens

I found this one, it'd look great in a showdowbox frame. http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/layout/ 3266299.h...

The deed idea is wonderful!

Here is one that I like:
This Old House By Annscraps

Edited by rockmom on 11-09-11 10:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

PokeyMom
Pro
PokeyMom
In response to pugs223

I saw a layout I loved about a house picture in Simple Scrapbooks March/April 2007 page 60. It was done by Stacy Julian.

I will describe it, very simple.
White or cream 12 x 12.
Page is framed with thin ribbon.
House is centered in the middle with a doodled straight line frame. In the upper left corner of the frame is a little simple doodled house.
Above the frame line, the address.
Across the bottom of the picture is a strip of ribbon with a bow on the left and a brad on the right.

Blocks of writing are on the page haphazardly surrounding the house (horizontal or vertical writing). Each thought begins with "Here is where . . ." You could put if someone got married there, born there, dates of who lived there, etc, any event worth mentioning.
Some words were highlighted in chalk.

HTH

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to PokeyMom

This is a really old LO, but it has a similar idea It is in a shadowbox as well. I'm probably going to redo it at some point to have more of the house in frame though...

(Not looking for comments) Just wanted to share to give you some ideas. I don't do vintage much either

My Grandfather (Mother's Day gift) By ColbyCheeseCat

PaulaB102
Tenant
PaulaB102
In response to pugs223

DO make sure to update this thread as you get it put together... I really want to see the result.

twosmilestoday
Resident
twosmilestoday
In response to pugs223

I LOVE rockmom's example!!!

That is amazing.

It is the story that will captive the audience for years to come. Make the picture and story center stage in a beautiful shadow box. That would be so classy and timeless.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to blondey040300

• blondey040300 Said:
Great pic! I love the new Pink Paislee mistable shadowbox frames...They are awesome! They have kind of a flourished edge that really adds to the frame. You can mist it up with some vintagy colors and add different flowers or trinkets to add to the vintage style. Good luck!

I had never heard of these, very cool.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to pugs223

Thank you all for your suggestions. I am going to see what I can dig up on house deed info on my next day off.

I will definitely post the final product.

I am thinking about going with the Bo Bunny Timepiece paper unless I find something else that is appealing.

Products Referenced in This Post:

Vallee
Vallee 
Pro
Vallee
In response to pugs223

Oooo...I love this idea!!! I just got the idea to make a mini album of my hometown. The house I grew up in, my HS and MS, my elementary school and all the places I used to hang out. I can't wait to see what you create!! I love the idea of a house that has been in the family for so long. You just don't see that very often anymore!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Vallee

Ok bought the bo bunny timepiece pack, some doily ribbon stuff, flowers, and theres some tim holtz stuff I'm thinking about but will wait until it's on sale or use the 40% off coupon and make a couple of trips.

HL didn't have the weathered frame I want in 12x12 so will have to look around or go with the black one....not sure

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
Ok bought the bo bunny timepiece pack, some doily ribbon stuff, flowers, and theres some tim holtz stuff I'm thinking about but will wait until it's on sale or use the 40% off coupon and make a couple of trips.

HL didn't have the weathered frame I want in 12x12 so will have to look around or go with the black one....not sure

Is it black wood or metal? If wood and you want it 'weathered'..weather it yourself...sand it down in spots, hit it with a belt buckle or similiar, rough it up......

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to ScrappyMama6

Teresa - hl did have a weathered frame, just sold out of 12x12. No metal that I saw. I do like your idea of beating up the frame myself

I finally opened my bo bunny pack and got excited about a cardstock punch out that said "generation to generation" perfect.

Looked at all of the pp in the pack, great line for this project. Then I found a piece of patterned cardstock with blocks of phrases on it and one of the blocks said...

"for generations to come" even more PERFECT!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to pugs223

Thought I would share a better pic of the house - my cousin emailed me the scanned version instead of my pic of a pic. Going to start working on it this weekend (I hope)

Better pic of house 1911 By Pugs223

Oh and I found out the guy between the horses is my great-grandfather and the girl in the buggy is another great aunt.

Edited by pugs223 on 11-18-11 07:54 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Msceejay2000
Veteran
Msceejay2000
In response to pugs223

Sounds neat. Love the deed idea, heck it might make an interesting page for my newer home too. I love the idea of recording that sort of thing. In 50 years they probably won't believe how cheap my house was. LOL

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to pugs223

I have a layout in my favs that someone used printed out the census page that of that address. You can get them on the library genealogy section on line. You can print them on your printer. They look exactly like the original because they are the originals. I will link that page here.
Give me a moment.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

Here is the link to the layout using a real copy of the census

http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to anda11

Linda, that is a fabulous idea with the census. Great LO.
ok, must go to library and possibly courthouse soon

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics