Username Post: First Attempt at a Mini Album!        (Topic#1566635)
tehbard
New Kid On the Block
tehbard

Hello! I've been in and out of scrapbooking for the last year or so and I've made a few layouts - but have never finished an album. I've definitely always had a problem finishing something I start, even though I have notebooks full of album ideas.

Well, I've finally made a HUGE dent in my first mini-album and I would love some feedback! It's not quite finished yet - I'm waiting on prints to be shipped to my house, but I have several pages finished and posted them HERE to my flickr site.

I made this album for the last month of my pregnancy as something along the lines of an "I can't wait until your here!" I'm expected to deliver in a week, and I'm hoping to finish this before he gets here. I would LOVE some feedback on page layouts, journaling tips, embellishments, anything! It's my first attempt, so hopefully it's not that bad!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to tehbard

Awww, I think it's really cute. Makes me wish my Mom had made one for me- I would've loved to be able to look back and see what she was thinking about right before my arrival.

I think it's looking good, I especially love that you put the paint chip in there and the stuff you have paperclipped to the pages- that looks great. Made me think of the SmashBooks that just came out- I bought one, but what I think I like more than the actual books, are the little pads of notepaper you can buy that have different designs/topics/writing prompts. They're only about two dollars for a pad of cool notes- you might check them out, they might give you some more writing ideas to add, and you could glue them in-

Can't wait to see it when it's done!

-K

tehbard
New Kid On the Block
tehbard
In response to designguyKORY

Thanks! I do like the Smashbooks, but I've never used their products. The journaling tags look pretty neat though! I've been looking for prettier ways to add journaling. Here's 4 more pages I did last night, I tried journaling on strips of paper for the first time and I really like the way it came out.

Layouts for Baby Mini Album By Tehbard

Layouts for Baby Mini Album By Tehbard

Christine19850
Veteran
Christine19850
In response to tehbard

Very sweet :-)

I love that you've handwritten your journalling - it keeps it personal.

I hope everything goes well!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics