Username Post: Why is it so hard to find travel stuff?        (Topic#1566719)
dulcedelechesb
Tenant
dulcedelechesb

I wanna make some layouts about Argentina but I found more or less 7 products in the whole superstore. I´m kind of concerned cause it´s not a well known country but it has got it all: desert, water falls, jungle, country, glaciars, mountains,cities, tango, GREAT food, kind people...I´d love scrapbook.com to sell more things related to this country.
Products Referenced in This Post:

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to dulcedelechesb

I don't have trouble finding generalized travel stuff - for specific locations, yeah, it's a pain, but so much of what I scrap are topics they don't make decent scrapping stuff for anyway (pet rabbits, video games, anime conventions, etc.) that I'm pretty used to having to just make do and come up with stuff to match my subject matter on my own, whether by paper-piecing or altering existing embellishments or using something from an unrelated set that happens to work for what I need.

Edit: Buh? I did NOT choose any products to link with this post and in fact most of the rabbit products it linked are exactly what I mean when I say I generally have to make do and come up with my own rabbit embellishments - I make a point to NOT purchase explicitly Easter-themed products to get my rabbits and I generally don't go in for cartoony rabbits.

And the video game embellishments it automatically linked to are part of a trend of a very youth-oriented (child and teenage boy), very male-oriented, and generally artistically-unrealistic mindset when it comes to video game scrapping products. Which is why I make my own - I made myself a lovely template for a three-dimensional PlayStation controller that uses brads for the face buttons and sticks, and I've used that many times. I also made a great classic Game Boy one time.

And I don't even know why it linked those We R Memory Keepers stickers...

Edited by aquabunny on 11-12-11 04:44 AM. Reason for edit: Explaining why the auto-linked products do not generally meet my needs.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to aquabunny

I agree with aquabunny -- make your own.

I am amazed at the type of very specific items people expect to find (baby's first food- sweet potatoes).

Use more generic and readily available products, and alter to fit your needs (e.g. waterfall paper and rub-on the word Argentina).

dulcedelechesb
Tenant
dulcedelechesb
In response to Bxr-Linda

Thnx

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to dulcedelechesb

I'm sending you a PM

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to provinca

I love travel related scrapstuff- especially the vintage travel papers, postcard and passport embellishments, stuff- I can't get enough of it!

k

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics