Username Post: making envelopes        (Topic#1566821)
New Kid On the Block

Good morning,

I am a newbie to card making. This may sound like a stupid question? How do you make envelopes?

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to curly40

You can get a MS scoring board...it has instructions with it for making allot of different size envelopes.

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to curly40

I went here and printed the steps, there are several different styles of envie, so you can check them out and try what you like.
making envelopes

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to catzscrapper

I use a trimmer and a bone folder. I have a video on my blog. Choose the tab that says "my videos."

reneeann
Veteran
reneeann
In response to runzalot81

once you get the hang of it, it gets more fun,you can line them with matching paper that you used on the card. I actually made my first one by taking an old envelope apart and making a cardboard template, I used a ruler, my cutter and a scoring tool ,plus a bone folder. good luck.

SamScrap
Veteran
SamScrap
In response to reneeann

I also started by tearing one apart and using it at a template. Then I made my own templates from chipboard. That worked for years until I finally bought MS scoreboard. I love it. I love making boxes too.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to SamScrap

another vote for the martha board! It comes w/a cool tool thingie and measurements for all dofferent envies and boxes. TOTALLY worth it!

Resident
In response to Seaexplore

I love the Martha Stewart score board. Using it makes making envelopes easy. Tonight I'm going to try to make a box.

Tenant
In response to Sue-Z-Q

I hate making envelopes so I go down to my local dollar store and buy the excess envelopes they get from selling cheap greeting cards. They usually come really cheap and every colour of the rainbow. Just ask the teller.

scrappin-momma
Veteran
scrappin-momma
In response to Michelle Adams

I've been wondering about making my own envelopes. I thought to just wing it... but I'm worried that learning to make my own envelopes will result in creating cards of various miscellaneous sizes, and then I'm not sure how that will affect the amount of stamps required for postage. Lol

Esmee
Esmee 
Resident
Esmee
  • Esmee on 03-07-12 01:35 AM
In response to scrappin-momma

Something totally different but really nice to do:

Stitch the envelopes! It's called "Mailart", you need stitching fabric, nice fabric for the inside, patterns and among them an alphabet, thread an needles

veejer
veejer 
Resident
veejer
In response to Esmee

I just buy envelopes at my local office supply or online for special sizes and types (square, foil lined, etc.)

Veejer

New Kid On the Block
In response to veejer

try greensneakers they have some really cool templates that I love there templates.

6ta
6ta 
Pro
6ta
  • 6ta on 04-02-12 12:39 PM
In response to evenight

runzalot i couldnt find the envelope video on ur blog??

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to 6ta

Ooops! That's because it's not there

Here's the link http://youtu.be/PT1Un1pi-Ps

However, the card in the video and the measurements in the text don't match Definitely need to redo it.

6ta
6ta 
Pro
6ta
  • 6ta on 04-16-12 06:28 AM
In response to runzalot81

wow...how neat...i will eventually try...lol

bkaradzhova
New Kid On the Block
bkaradzhova
In response to 6ta

I would definitely recommend the MS scoring board! It's amazing