Username Post: Alright - how do I do this?        (Topic#1566831)
Momma2Bryn
Veteran
Momma2Bryn

I've had this image in my mind of what I want to do with a layout, but have no clue how to do it!

This LO that I found in the gallery (http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=galleries&u=1 11436&m=view&id=3 336927&type=-1&pa ge=1&f=1) shows kind of what I want to do, but I just want to do paper coming in from each corner, not everywhere how this is.

How do I begin to cut my paper in straight lines at a diagonal? Of course I want them to meet in the middle too.

(Whoever did this LO that I posted, is super talented - I'm so impressed! My lines would never meet up!)

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to Momma2Bryn

your link takes me to an unknown galery with a picture from Calvin and Hobbs???

Momma2Bryn
Veteran
Momma2Bryn
In response to SuperAllyFan

LOL - oops! I'm not sure why.

I'm headed out the door. I'll try again later!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Momma2Bryn

To link a gallery image, just click the "link/embed image" link on the left side of the photo. If public embedding is enabled, you can choose the IMG button and the size and then copy and paste the code it gives you into a forum post. If public embedding is not enabled, just copy and paste the link it gives you called "Link to this Page."

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Here Kitty

This sounds like what she is describing and it was in her faves

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/107187/view /3336927/...

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Ms.Schwiet

That is a dramatic LO!

Well I'd start by measuring corner to corner, so a 12x12 page would be 17", and halve that: 8.5". I'd then cut strips into points, making sure that the shortest edge was longer than 8.5". I'd arrange them on the page so that the outer edge overlapped the edge of the card-stock and stick them down. If the edges overlapped I don't think it would matter. I would turn the page over and use a knife to trim along the edge of the card-stock, then stick my photo in the middle to cover the centre part.

Is that what you mean?

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to RedSquirrel

It it were me, I wouldn't worry about measuring. In the layout in the link, it doesn't look like the strips are even. I did a similar layout to this about 4 years ago, and I just started layering strips that I cut with my paper cutter. I didn't measure, just eyeballed it.
Little Miss Sunshine By Here Kitty

Edited by Here Kitty on 11-14-11 05:04 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

aschlegel06
Guru
aschlegel06

Here Kitty-I love that LO!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to aschlegel06

Thank you

sbartist
Governor
sbartist

This template may help some:

Edited by sbartist on 11-14-11 05:53 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl

• Here Kitty Said:
It it were me, I wouldn't worry about measuring. In the layout in the link, it doesn't look like the strips are even. I did a similar layout to this about 4 years ago, and I just started layering strips that I cut with my paper cutter. I didn't measure, just eyeballed it.

Beautiful LO,,,I'm glad I belong to this site,,,everyone is so helpful and Talented.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to armygirl

Wow. Here Kitty...that's a great design

I like the OP idea too...it doesn't look like things are measured. It appears it's triangular pieces that are layered and covered by the picture and then the ends are cut off at the paper edge.

I love the design it's a great idea for scraps

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to Just G

Send a private message to the maker and ask them how they made it. The scrappers here are a nice bunch and most are happy to help.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to rockmom

love that linked LO ... future scraplift for sure

Momma2Bryn
Veteran
Momma2Bryn

• Here Kitty Said:

YES! That is exactly what I meant. Just a few scattered "rays" out from my center picture!

Thanks everyone so much for the ideas! I can't wait to try them!

dezignarob
Tenant
dezignarob

The sunburst with the buttons look great, but I also love that you chose a stripe to be your background paper. Striped papers are definitely my downfall a lot of the time, and I tend to avoid them, but this makes a virtue of the stripe. So pretty.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics