Username Post: SNOW EFFECT        (Topic#1566869)
JazzieLynne
Veteran
JazzieLynne

Was wondering if anyone had thoughts on the 'snow effect' products out there. Currently I am using DecoArt's Snow Writer, and while I LOVE the bottle it comes in {precision tip} I am not crazy about the product...It is okay, I just feel that it is lacking.

Thank you in advance for your feedback!

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to JazzieLynne

I like Liquid Applique. It comes out as a smooth glaze like Liquid Pearls. Until you hit it with a heat gun and then it just puffs up like magic (or snow). I think it's by Marvy, although I'm not seeing it here in the superstore so I'm not sure.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty

I agree - Liquid Applique is a lot of fun You can also get the same effect with Tulip Puff Paint (Puff Paint is not the same as dimensional paint, you heat set Puff Paint with a heat source and it puffs up).

There are a lot of things that you can use for snow. Stickles and loose glitters are handy.
On this card, I used liquid glue and loose glitter on the top of the ornament. The glittery branch is from the floral section at Hobby Lobby.
Joy By Here Kitty

I also like to use white or sparkly white flocking. It adds a nice fluffy touch. Flower Soft is another option. Some people make their own type of this with styrofoam.

You can also use white paint, chalk or ink over colored paper to get a snow effect. Sponging blue ink or chalks over stencils or die cuts can give you a similar look as well. That's how I created this layout. The actual photo has white paint sponged on the edges to blend it in with the rest of the layout.
winter By Here Kitty

There's also something called Snow Tex in the general craft department of many stores. It's a thick paste that goes on wet and dries. That's what I used on these cupcakes, and it works for snow very well.
Cupcake goodness! By Here Kitty

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Here Kitty

I also like the cotton flower soft it looks like snow and goes on nice I usually ad a little crystal glitter to it.

blondey040300
Resident
blondey040300
In response to Sneezy1956

I use Liquid Applique and also Diamond Dust

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to blondey040300

Now I want to try the puffy paint, but I just ordered some White Picket Distress Stickles with the thought of making snow. I am wondering if anyone else has tried this?

JazzieLynne
Veteran
JazzieLynne
In response to CorrieW

Thank you ladies, I never thought of a couple of your ideas. Will definitly be giving some of them a try!

sweet1
sweet1 
Pro
sweet1

What about flocking? I like Liquid Applique & flocking

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to sweet1

And if you want your paper to look like snow is falling, you can put white paint on a toothbrush and run your thumb down the bristles toward the paper.

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to SoonerT

I was planning on buying some liquid applique, and you guys confirmed it. Thanks.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics