Username Post: Distressing Tools: Help Selecting!        (Topic#1566991)
CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

I have been looking into distressing tools and I am leaning towards the Prima tool for a couple of reasons, price and I tend to "want to make it myself, have control". The Zutter looks awesome, but I have doubts that I need a tool that can do multi-sheets at a time. However, I like the results I see.

What are your thoughts? I am looking for just a step above emery board, steel wool, sand paper, etc.

TIA!

Edited by CrimsonMama on 11-18-11 04:25 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to CrimsonMama

I would like to have the Distrezz It All. Sometimes. But then I think about it, and it feels like the Hot Topic of scrapping. You know what I mean? When *I* was a kid, we had to tear our clothes apart and piece them back together with safety pins by hand! ...and now you can buy them that way. I've been getting a good result from nail files and sandpaper from the Dollar Tree. But then again, the Distrezz does look fun. But I guess I'd feel like, oh I don't know, this classy box of wine has hit the bloodstream. Let me know if you get it and like it!

-k

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to designguyKORY

Heads up... I don't use any of the 3, I love my little tonic distressor, finger nails and water, but the Distrezz It All is LOUD! Crazy loud. If you can try it out to see if it is too much for you.

aschlegel06
Guru
aschlegel06
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

I have the Imaginisce D-Stress tool and am not pleased at all with it. The tips that come with it do not stay in, they keep falling out. Apparently this is common. I am very pleased with the Tim Holtz distresser and it is SO much cheaper.
Products Referenced in This Post:

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

Wine? Yes, I can do that!

Yep...thought about the noise, sometimes I scrap late at night and my DH would not like that!

I saw the Tonic and didn't think that much about it....just put it in my wish list! Thanks!

Edited by CrimsonMama on 11-18-11 05:38 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Oh yeahhhh I do have the little Tonic distresser, too. Of course, I do. I'm an obsessive scrapbooking consumer (I'm sure not one of you know what that's like, haha) and I buy anything my BFF Tim gots his signature on...

I just used it again on the side of a Xmas card!

-K

blondey040300
Resident
blondey040300
In response to designguyKORY

I have the Prima one...LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!! It rocks!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to blondey040300

Excellent, I have that one in the wish list too. Surely that should do it!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter

I have the TH one too and love it

I love the ease of the Distress-it-all, but I HATE the sound it makes and can't make myself buy it

If they ever come out with a quiet one, I'll be all over it

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to madmatter

Well, that confirms it then, I scrap sometimes late at night. I would have to take it out in the garage to use it! LOL!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to aschlegel06

• aschlegel06 Said:
I have the Imaginisce D-Stress tool and am not pleased at all with it. The tips that come with it do not stay in, they keep falling out. Apparently this is common. I am very pleased with the Tim Holtz distresser and it is SO much cheaper.

I've tried many but this is the only one I've bought twice!

Msceejay2000
Veteran
Msceejay2000
In response to tinadn

I have the distress it all and while it does make a sound I don't find it to be loud enough to wake sleeping children or anything. It feels like an industrial power tool and it's done super fast.

I still have to do inside corners by hand but it really speeds up the process.

I'd love to have the imagance (however it's spelled) but it's not in the cards at the moment.

Edited by Msceejay2000 on 11-20-11 06:02 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Chefs Wifey
Expert
Chefs Wifey
In response to aschlegel06

• aschlegel06 Said:

I have the Imaginisce tool as well and am not happy with it as well. IMO it does not distress paper well at all, and I don't like how the paper dust flies everywhere. I feel like I am inhaling something I shouldn't lol. I feel that the basic blade distressers are much faster and they work better.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Chefs Wifey

I have the Tonic TH distresser (I have 2 jic) and the new Prima tool. I like them both.

The grip on the tonic one is perfect, but the Prima one has lots of different tools in one. I love the graters and the wire brush!

lesleylangdon
Veteran
lesleylangdon
In response to Manda_K

The Distrezz it all is loud, but does an amazing and quick job! I don't do it with the kids around.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics