Username Post: Cricut design studio        (Topic#1567017)
Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 11-19-11 02:56 PM

I can get this for $40.00. Is it a good deal? Will I use it a lot? I have a CE and I use it all the time. Thanks for any advice.

Barbara
Products Referenced in This Post:

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Lunie

I love Design Studio. There are people who will tell you all the things they Gypsy can do that they think Design Studio can't; and they're wrong about most of those things. And there are people who will tell you to just use the free Cricut Craft Room program, but for my personal use I'm pretty opposed to using a program that requires an active internet connection in order to do anything.

Design Studio has a bit of a learning curve and a neat trick to get it to load faster. I like it a lot.

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to aquabunny

I love and still use quite frequently. I also have a gypsy but I do like the DS.
I am unsure about The Craftroom. I have not tried it yet.

Lydgranger
Resident
Lydgranger
In response to Lunie

I have seen it advertised on one of the web sites-at a sale price for about $26 last month. I have the DS but it is on my old almost dead computer and I don't think it is transferable to another computer and am thinking about getting a new one if it is cheap but I also have the Gypsy now.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Lydgranger

It is transferable to another computer, but you can use the full version on only one computer at a time - you would have to call Provo Craft, explain what you are trying to do, and they would give you a new code to install it on your new computer, but the full version would then no longer work on your old one.

For the OP: The trial version is pretty nice to work with and does pretty much everything - only the cartridges you can cut with are limited, you can even save projects with the trial version - this is how I learned that I would really enjoy buying the full version and I recommend it.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to aquabunny

I love my Design Studio and I use it all the time... I have seen it cheaper than $40

Edited by debby_westbrook on 11-20-11 06:56 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

married05
Idol
married05
In response to debby_westbrook

I've heard that PC is no longer upgrading Design Studio, meaning no new cartridges to be added. They're putting all of their time and energy into the Cricut Craft Room, which is a free program. The only downside to CCR is that you have to be connected to the internet. I have DS, but personally have been using my Gypsy more. If I had to do it all over again I'd probably save my money and just use CCR. (Although I do love my Gypsy!)

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to married05

I just up graded my DS 2 weeks ago and it added all the cartridges...

Lydgranger
Resident
Lydgranger
In response to aquabunny

Thanks I will try that- but should I use my Gypsy first to download my saved projects from my DS?

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to debby_westbrook

• debby_westbrook Said:

Huh, really? I went to the update page on the website and they didn't have anything more recent than the September cartridges (I am particularly looking to add some of the November releases).

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
  • debby_westbrook Said:

Huh, really? I went to the update page on the website and they didn't have anything more recent than the September cartridges (I am particularly looking to add some of the November releases).

Sorry, That's what I upgraded. I didn't see the November ones yet...

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 11-23-11 05:32 AM
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
It is transferable to another computer, but you can use the full version on only one computer at a time - you would have to call Provo Craft, explain what you are trying to do, and they would give you a new code to install it on your new computer, but the full version would then no longer work on your old one.

For the OP: The trial version is pretty nice to work with and does pretty much everything - only the cartridges you can cut with are limited, you can even save projects with the trial version - this is how I learned that I would really enjoy buying the full version and I recommend it.

That's great. I love trial versions.

Thanks

Barbara

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics