Username Post: Baby Page Ideas Please        (Topic#1567133)
camelheel
Diva
camelheel

I am due in a couple weeks with a little girl and wanted to create monthly pages that basically follow the same design each month so it will be easier for me to get through, but I've lost my mojo. I would love to see how you handled these monthly pages or any ideas that you have? Can you share? I bought Simple Stories baby line for the monthly journaling cards (4x6 cards).

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 11-23-11 05:23 AM
In response to camelheel

I'm just starting out but I got an idea from Two Peas in a Bucket that appealed to me. I back everything on Kraft paper. I'm sorry but I can't find the link to this video. The point of it was that no matter what colors are used, if are the pages are all backed onto Kraft paper, it keeps the album cohesive.

Barbara

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Lunie

I like to mix things up. I have three boys so by the time the last one was born....I was DONE with baby blue. I did his baby book in cream and white with a little bit of color here and there. I love it!!!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to camelheel

If you purchase a bunch of materials in the same design (or color scheme) in advance it will make it A LOT easier.

Grab a paper stack (or multiples of a few pattern papers) and the matching colorstock. Also if you like alphabet stickers buy a few sheets so you have enough letters for multiple titles. Also get some matching embellishments. (and the basics like glue, dots, journal pens, etc.)

What you want to do is create a stash large enough so that you can make several pages without having to go shopping (unless you want to). The key items are those matching colorstock papers for mating (get extras!) and some fun premade embellishments (like ribbon, brads, flowers) for the days you just want to slap a page together.

I hate to be suggesting this BUT you may like and it may really work out for you to buy a "scrapbooking kit" with all of the materials. Actually I have used several kits and they really make sense when you want to create multiple pages with the same general look.

snoflake517
Veteran
snoflake517
In response to Gelidy Gelato

This year my BFF and my sister both had babies and so I made two 1st Year Scrapbooks for them. I found the 365 Special Days E-book to be really helpful. It had the calendars and the "stats" pages. This helped me create the scrapbooks pretty easily. Basically all I had to do was pick papers and embellishments. There are some pictures of the baby boy book in my gallery. I have had a chance to upload my niece's book yet.

camelheel
Diva
camelheel
In response to snoflake517

Thanks for the ideas ladies. Would love to see your 1st year pages too!

camelheel
Diva
camelheel
In response to camelheel

btt

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to camelheel

Here's a helpful hint. Purchase one of the wall calendars that has a "pocket" on each page. I believe they're actually meant for paying bills. Each time your baby does something for the first time, jot it down on the calendar. As you take photos, stick them in the appropriate pocket. There will be months when you just don't have the time or energy to complete a layout right then, and this will keep it all organized with dates and photos for when you do have a few extra minutes. It's so timesaving and you have a record of all those important dates.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to dwelch

I have a 5-month old and I'm doing something like this for grandparents for Christmas. I'm taking a pic every month on the same blanket with his stuffed turtle. So on the left page in the album I will have that pic. Then on the right page I'm making a collage (picasa works great for this) of pics from that month. I'm making the collages 8x8 and putting them in an 8x8 album so I don't have to really scrapbook those pages.

I have big plans to do "more" than that for my personal scrapbook, but we'll see how it goes. I might just print the same collages 12x12 for my album and fill in extra pages when I have time.

camelheel
Diva
camelheel
In response to dwelch

• dwelch Said:
Here's a helpful hint. Purchase one of the wall calendars that has a "pocket" on each page. I believe they're actually meant for paying bills. Each time your baby does something for the first time, jot it down on the calendar. As you take photos, stick them in the appropriate pocket. There will be months when you just don't have the time or energy to complete a layout right then, and this will keep it all organized with dates and photos for when you do have a few extra minutes. It's so timesaving and you have a record of all those important dates.

What a great idea!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics