Username Post: Need help with converting files        (Topic#1567283)
amgspeirs
New Kid On the Block
amgspeirs

Hi, I have an old Silhouette and purchased a Pazzles inspiration 1-1/2 years ago. I tried using the instructions to convert my silhouette files to the pazzles type, but have been unable to figure out how to do it. It's been a year since I tried and the whole time my pazzles has sat getting dusty. Today I decided that once and for all I would start figuring out how to do it so that I can use my machine! (and the hundreds of dollars worth of images that are in silhouette format.)

I've read the instructions on converting gsd files to wpc (or something like that). Where I am getting stuck is that I no longer have the robomaster software on my computer. Presumably since Silhouette has upgraded their software and it no longer uses robo master??

I have also tried locating my image files, but my computer is not showing the file extension in the silhouette folder, however I believe that they are the image files. I have done a search on my computer for any files with the gsd file extension and there are none. When I open up the silhouette software, I can see all of my images there. (I think it automatically imported and converted my images when I upgraded the software - I didn't know what I was doing at the time).

So, now, I'm hoping and praying that there is a way to get the images to convert to the pazzles format.

By the way, I am using Windows 7.

Please - can anyone help??

Additional Info: I realized that I have my old laptop when I originally started using the Silhouette. I fired it up and I have the craft robo software there, and I can connect and see many of my images (some were probably purchased using my new laptop, and therefore haven't been downloaded to the old laptop).

Most of the gsd files are the templates that came with the software, I have found some gst files, however, those seem to also be the default onest that come with the software. I haven't been able to find the purchased images. Are they yet another file extension?

I know this is confusing...this is what I have:
$183 credit for images in the silhouette store online
7 of the Silhouette Digital Design Portfolio (about $70 each)
50 designs that came with Silhouette
20 or so images that I've already purchased via the silhouette store.

I'm most concerned about being able to use the $183 credit for images that I can convert to using with Pazzles AND being able to convert these Digital Design Portfolio's to Pazzles (I have original CD's for these).

So, if the gsd to wpc converter won't work for these images (the ones I have yet to purchase - which may be in a new format since Silhouette isn't using craft robo software anymore as well as the ones that I have on CD), then it's probably not worth my time to figure out how to save the 50 and 20 images that I have.

So....maybe someone knows if this is possible or not?

Thank you so much in advance for helping or at least pointing me in a direction to try.

Edited by amgspeirs on 11-28-11 11:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to amgspeirs

There is not a way, that I have found, to convert Silhouette Studio files to WPC for the Pazzles. Other than doing a screen capture and autotrace.

The methods that worked for GSD files do not work with Studio files.

What format are the Digital Design ones? Are the GSD?

amgspeirs
New Kid On the Block
amgspeirs
In response to Megan - ForumTech

Yes, I figured out that the Portfolio files are GSD. I also figured out that if I open the image up in the old Craft Robo software on my old machine and then save that file, it will save it as a GSD. I haven't tried purchasing items from the Silhouette store using the old software, but I was able to connect to the store from the old software.

I did figure out that I could print the studio file to a PDF, then open the PDF in photoshop, save it as a jpg, then import it into Pazzles, then do autotrace. It's a pain, but it is a way to work.

I wasn't able to figure out the screen capture thing...I tried doing a copy and paste, but I got an error message. Can you provide more details on how to do that? If I could do that, it would save me a couple of steps.

Thanks so much for answering! I appreciate you!

Edited by amgspeirs on 11-30-11 09:34 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to amgspeirs

Alt-prtscr - alt plus the printscreen key - captures the current window. Then I can start a new document in the Pazzles software, and auto trace from there. Once it's captured, you should be able to do a paste, and it will appear.

Delete the pasted image when you're done, for simplicity.

I wish it was easier to do. I really love some of the Samantha Walker images that Silhouette has.

Edited by Megan - ForumTech on 12-01-11 09:10 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics