Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: sew easy tool        (Topic#1567291)
Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979

I bought the sew easy tool and some floss and its so cool, however I do need to learn how to keep it straight line but it nice to have a diff touch. I also found that I dont have to use the floss but I can use other brands as well. I dont have to specifically purchases We R Mem's brand. Ant tips on creating straight lines?

bbarthej
Veteran
bbarthej
In response to Mia1979

I just purchased one also. One of those things I had to have (cuz I saw someone else had one). I was excited about getting it, but I still haven't used it. Shoot I don't even have the thread/floss to use it.

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps
In response to bbarthej

When I use my sew easy, I line it up with the edge of my paper trimmer. If I am doing something more freehand, I draw a line with my disappearing ink marker or lightly with a pencil.

aschlegel06
Guru
aschlegel06
In response to bbarthej

I have a mat on my desk that I make sure my LO is lined up before I start to use the sew easy tool.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to Diva Scraps

• Diva Scraps Said:
When I use my sew easy, I line it up with the edge of my paper trimmer. If I am doing something more freehand, I draw a line with my disappearing ink marker or lightly with a pencil.

Awesome, I never thought to use a ruler.....I will try that. Thanks

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Mia1979

yep, I have to use a ruler or straight surface also, other wise it's not even remotely straight. but it's fun!

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to aschlegel06

I've only used mine once and used a ruler to make the strait line.

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps
In response to Mia1979

• Mia1979 Said:
  • Diva Scraps Said:

Awesome, I never thought to use a ruler.....I will try that. Thanks

You're welcome! For the floss, you can use anything really. I just did a LO a few weeks ago with my sew easy & used an extra shoe lace that came with a pair of my daughters fav shoes. I've also used a piece of a clip in hair extension for a Tangled LO I did of my DD in Disney with Rapunzel and Flynn Ryder.

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy

I haven't seen this gadget before. It looks really cool. I'm going to add it to my wishlist! Thanks for sharing!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Vintageivy

I use a ruler too, and the floss I use is from Bazzill

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps
In response to madmatter

Karen Foster used to make this waxy floss stuff a few yrs back that I still have some of...it comes in a container like a dental floss container. I use that with the sew easy too. Another cool thing to use is metallic fibers. DD likes to have those hair tinsels in her hair and I twirled some together and used them to match her photo.

auntieant
Expert
auntieant

Yes I have this tool also.. I have used it once so far.. I didn't have a mat, so I used my 40% coupon from Hobby Lobby to get the mat.. Now I can't wait for the crop I am going to this weekend to use it again!!!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Mia1979

I follow the ruler guides on the Sew Easy mat.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Luvmyfam

I wonder if dental floss would work in it? Is dental floss acid free?

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to Seaexplore

I use embroidery floss a lot of the time..it's pretty inexpensive and comes in all the colors you can imagine..you just have to find a store that carries a lot of colors.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Seaexplore

• Seaexplore Said:
I wonder if dental floss would work in it? Is dental floss acid free?

Good question!
Maybe it's like that waxy floss Diva mentioned above?

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to Bxr-Linda

Why not use ordinary sewing thread, doubled (or even quadrupled)? After all, it's supposed to look like it's sewn.

And why do you need the expense of another gadget to punch holes in paper? You could just use an inexpensive needle tool and a ruler to punch a pattern of holes and save a lot of money. It may just take a while longer but the possiblilities are infinite rather than having to rely on pre-programmed available patterns, and having to purchase a different pattern head each time. You could mark off the desired pattern with a pencil and then punch the dots with a needle tool, over a mouse pad.

You could also get an inexpensive needlepoint pounce wheel (used for tracing sewing patterns). The points are made of metal, not plastic, and it's very durable.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Solitaire

• Solitaire Said:
Why not use ordinary sewing thread, doubled (or even quadrupled)? After all, it's supposed to look like it's sewn.

And why do you need the expense of another gadget to punch holes in paper? You could just use an inexpensive needle tool and a ruler to punch a pattern of holes and save a lot of money. It may just take a while longer but the possiblilities are infinite rather than having to rely on pre-programmed available patterns, and having to purchase a different pattern head each time. You could mark off the desired pattern with a pencil and then punch the dots with a needle tool, over a mouse pad.

You could also get an inexpensive needlepoint pounce wheel (used for tracing sewing patterns). The points are made of metal, not plastic, and it's very durable.

You are ABSOLUTELY correct! This is what I thought when I saw it.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to Bxr-Linda

Serious??!!
Because who wants to spend an hour punching uneven lines when you can "punch" uneven lines in like 2 minutes!!
Because you know how us scrapper's love gadgets.
Because we are helping the scrap industry stay active.
Because my scrappy friend had one and it looked cool??!!
And just because I can.
I am sure there are more reasons than this, but this is how I justified it.

Brownie's Mom
New Kid On the Block
Brownie's Mom
In response to bbarthej

• bbarthej Said:
I just purchased one also. One of those things I had to have (cuz I saw someone else had one). I was excited about getting it, but I still haven't used it. Shoot I don't even have the thread/floss to use it.

Hahaha!!! Ditto!!!!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics