Username Post: Help me find good binders        (Topic#1567423)
p_hill 
New Kid On the Block

Hey there,

I'm not a scrapbooker myself. My girlfriend does scrapbooking and I wanted to get your opinions on good binders for a Christmas present. Currently she has the 3 ring type and another type that is basically a threaded post with screws in the end. Is there any type of binder that has a better page holding system than these? Her pages seem to get pretty thick so just using a blank book probably wouldn't work well. Thanks for the help!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to p_hill

Welcome! This is very much a personal preference.

I can't stand post bound albums.
Many people (me included) like the D-ring albums. I personally like the Hiller or We R Memory Keepers. I've linked several brands that are sold here (each come in a variety of other colors too).

Are her albums 12x12 or some other size?

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to Bxr-Linda

Everything Linda said and I second We R memories 3 ring albums and page protectors!

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to jaxxan

• jaxxan Said:
Everything Linda said and I second We R memories 3 ring albums and page protectors!

THIS, THIS, THIS!!!! We Are Memory Keepers are the BEST!!!

elsje2
elsje2 
Expert
elsje2
In response to ScrappyMama6

I don't use binders, but use the Cinch. Personally I don't like working with page protectors, because I use a lot of things that open up in my LO's. I do loe my Cinch, because for every individual book I am making I can choose the size. There is a limit of course to the thickness of the album, but so far I am happy not being bound by post bound albums or binders and I can design everything the way I like.

danielle1975
Pro
danielle1975
In response to elsje2

We are memory keepers D Ring are my fav!

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 12-04-11 06:51 AM
In response to danielle1975

Just make sure you buy the same brand page protectors as the album. The positions of the posts and rings are NOT standard across brands (yep, learned that one the hard way).

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Tivi

• Tivi Said:
Just make sure you buy the same brand page protectors as the album. The positions of the posts and rings are NOT standard across brands (yep, learned that one the hard way).

Good advice.

But.... I use the Hiller albums and C-Line protectors.

Bought a different brand and they stuck out the edge of the album (too wide).

I have not run in to any that have different holes (but, again, I only use C-line or We R Memory Keepers).

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Bxr-Linda

Got rid of all my old post albums except for my wedding album. Everything is now ring - converted all my older pages to ring binder.

I love the ones at Hobby Lobby - Studio One is their brand name because they have the largest area on the spine to list what is in the album. I type them on the computer and cut and insert and I like having the room to list more things that are in the album.

On any other 3-ring the space on the spine for the contents is too small for me.

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 12-05-11 01:36 PM
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
  • Tivi Said:

Good advice.

But.... I use the Hiller albums and C-Line protectors.

Bought a different brand and they stuck out the edge of the album (too wide).

I have not run in to any that have different holes (but, again, I only use C-line or We R Memory Keepers).

For holes:
Color Bok and WRMK do not line up
The 'off' brand at M's does not line up with anything that I've used
The no-name brand at Walmart does not line up with ColorBok Perfect Scrapbook (post bound).
Pioneer does not line up ColorBok postbound or the WRMK 3 ring binder

I've punched my own holes in a few protectors and discovered the edges don't line up across any of the brands I listed above.

Waay too fustrating for me, I use the same brand as the album now.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Tivi

Hmmmm... good to know Tivi. I'll stick with my C-Line.

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to Bxr-Linda

Linda do C-Line match up well with WRMK? C-Line is a much better deal than WRMK but I'm a total protector snob

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

• ColbyCheeseCat Said:
Linda do C-Line match up well with WRMK? C-Line is a much better deal than WRMK but I'm a total protector snob

Well.... my albums are Hiller (which I believe became WRMK), and the C-line protectors are great. Holes line up, don't stick out the edge.

I bought ONE other brand, which didn't fit, and I've stuck with C-Line every since. I get the 25 or 50 pack boxes (with a coupon).

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics