Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Anybody 'Tag'ing (haha) Along With Mr. Holtz?        (Topic#1567425)
designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Heyyyyy everybody!

I was just wondering if anybody else was going to play along with The 12 Tags Of Christmas. I've been thinking about doing- I love tags, I love Christmas, and I love Tim Holtz, so I thought it would be fun.

I *know* that the point of it isn't to TOTALLY REPLICATE his tag, but I still wanted the 'Festive Greenery' Decorative Strip die- so I just got back from running out to an LSS on my lunch break to pick one up. A co-worker asked me to grab one for her, so I got to feel like a real big spender. Which (even tho she was paying me for it) kept me from spending even more money. Ummm. I don't know what I'm talkin about anymore.

So anybody else playing along? I can't wait to get out of here and get to my table!

-kory

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 12-01-11 10:49 AM
In response to designguyKORY

I'm definitely watching for some inspiration. I have to make some tags for presents (DH and I sort of compete with our tags for each other) so that may happen this weekend!

andrea m
Diva
andrea m
In response to stick

Just finished checking it out. Im going to try some tags this year. I really like to follow along just for the techniques.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to andrea m

Ohh, is that Festive Greenery strip like the Autumn Gatherings one, that has all the leaves and acorns and twigs and things separate for you to arrange as you see fit! I really want that one!

(And from Sizzix's website I see that it is, but not really up my alley with its shapes. Which is okay!)

Though really they could have fit it all onto a Bigz die instead. No, I don't know what the benefit would be especially as I have more room in my decorative strips case than I do in my Bigz cases.

Edited by aquabunny on 12-01-11 11:40 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to aquabunny

I agree, I would much rather it all be on a Bigz. I likes them more.

-k

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

I guess the benefit would be ability to cut through more awesome stuff due to the steel rule dies. Not to say that I don't have a ton of Sizzlit-style dies - I do, tons, eight and a half storage cases full (mostly alphabets, which I love!), plus the strips, and they really are easier to transport due to size and weight - but I like knowing I can cut thick stuff, and the thick dies just seem sturdier. A large Originals die would also be acceptable, of course. :P

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to aquabunny

I find myself wanting the pinecone die.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to aquabunny

I love that die! My DH got it for me along with several others of Tims that just came out and it is so much fun to play with-tons to do!

But yup I follow along with his tags every year, I try to do something similar using his techniques and then put them all in a sort of mini album for each year.

I don't always duplicate the tags, but some of them are just to darned fabulous not to!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to MrsAnnieS

Intriguing. I don't need one more project though, but I may check this out.

Edited by Luvmyfam on 12-01-11 06:38 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.
In response to Luvmyfam

I plan on giving them a try. Will have to go check it out after I'm done here.

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 12-01-11 07:03 PM
In response to SandraB.

I checked it out. OMG those Christmas distress ink colors are amazing. I just ordered them. Also, the festive greenery sizzlets (thanks, Kory). I swore I was done buying. Ok, this is for realz, this time. Not one more thing! Actually, to offset my indiscretion... I am going to return two things that I didn't open to M's. Ha ha M's... That's what you get for... (I'm not going to say it) ;0

Barbara

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Lunie

I've been working on the first tag tonight. Everything is on my table drying. Can't wait to get it all assembled. Love Tim, absolutely love him. Sadly I don't have the festive greenery die, but it's certainly on my wish list.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Kamananui

1. Barbara. Are you a compulsive returner? (Is that even a word?)

2. My LSS just posted a thingy on facebook inviting folks to come in and recreate Mr. Holtz's tag for 8 bucks. Um, no thanks. I'll recreate it in my own home for free. Weirdos.

Debby Lewis
Expert
Debby Lewis
In response to kelseymel

I've completed Day 1 Tag. I love the inspiration and techniques I learn from the 12 Tags of Christmas.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to Debby Lewis

Haven't been able to check out the tags yet, but that Festive Greenery die is killer.... dumb question, not familiar with those dies at all, are they compatible with Quickutz machines?

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 12-02-11 05:12 AM
In response to kelseymel

• kelseymel Said:
1. Barbara. Are you a compulsive returner? (Is that even a word?)

Not sure but I keep all my receipts just in case.

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to Lunie

The first two tags are fabulous. I have learned some new techniques just looking at TH's tutorial.

ASiverson
Expert
ASiverson
In response to dotfree

I'm following along for inspiration and new techniques! Both are usually bountiful. Love his 12 Tags of Christmas. Happy Holidays All!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to ASiverson

I had LOTS of fun, making my tag last night.

I'm having issues with my 'decorative strip' die, tho- I SWEAR I made the right 'sandwich,' but still it felt wayyyy too tight, and I'm surprised the thing didn't explode when I forced it thru the BigKick. Is there a trick to using those?!

-K

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 12-02-11 10:50 AM

I've never had a problem with the strip dies. What kind of paper were you using?

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics