Username Post: Colored Pencils vs Chalks        (Topic#1567565)
yelppuppy
Resident
yelppuppy

Hi, I'm a beginner here. I'm making my baby's first year scrapbook, and that's how I stumbled into the wonderful scrapbooking world! I'm already addicted and will probably do more scrapbooks after this.

Any way, just curious why chalks? Can I not use colored pencils instead? Are they not safe for papers? Or are chalks "in" because of the different look and ease of blending? I'm into drawing so if I can get away with colored pencils, I really don't want to spend more $ and space for chalks.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 12-05-11 10:21 AM
In response to yelppuppy

Absolutely you can use colored pencils, lots of people do. Chalks are just a different medium. You can seriously use anything you want in your scrapbooks.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to stick

I use both and love them equally...

I also have Watercolor Pencils that are awesome for coloring and blending!!!
Products Referenced in This Post:
24 Watercolor Pencil Set (Discontinued)

Edited by debby_westbrook on 12-05-11 10:26 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ScrappinGirl162
Veteran
ScrappinGirl162
In response to debby_westbrook

Well I like colored pencils... I think chalk is rather messy.. although I haven't used chalk on my los.. I still find it messy when writing on chalkboards..

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to ScrappinGirl162

Chalk "paints" are not really like chalkboard chalk....they don't rub off like that. I love them and find them really easy to use and I love the soft effect you get with them as opposed to the darker, stronger look of regular paint or pencils. You apply them with a little cotton ball, usually (held with a special tool that comes with it) and you can also wet them and apply with a paintbrush (I've done this when I wanted a darker look)

Having said that, it's really a preference and you should use whatever you are comfortable with....
Alison

Edited by kiyawinn on 12-09-11 07:47 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics