Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Help! Can't adhere to GLITTER paper!        (Topic#1567575)
twosmilestoday
Resident
twosmilestoday

Hi All

I am working on a lo with a strip of glitter border. I am trying to put a photo on it but it won't stick.

I have tried runner tape, zip glue pen, and regular glue stick. No matter, it won't stick.

How do you adhere to glitter cardstock?

Thanks in advance

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to twosmilestoday

Glossy accents, glue dots or the double sided super tape with the red lining. I guess with a photo it wouldn't be glossy accents.

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to disneylisa

Zip-dry or glue dots.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

The roll of double sided tape that has a red lining, it's called Terrifically Tacky Tape (had to search the store to find it's exact name, LOL).

I think there may have been a few different manufacturers that carry it. I've seen it at M's (and Wally World I THINK) but not with that exact packaging. You get the jist though.

Edited by angie girl on 12-05-11 02:33 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Veteran
In response to angie girl

SOMEONE TOLD ME TO USE GLUE. I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AND THE ONLY THING THAT DID THE TRICK WAS LIQUID GLUE.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to SHARON ELISE

Zip Dry - it is a liquid glue that won't warp your photos
Products Referenced in This Post:

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to Here Kitty

Red backed tape!

Bev1
Bev1 
Guru
Bev1
  • Bev1 on 12-05-11 04:22 PM
In response to SuperAllyFan

Zip Dry!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Bev1

glue dots, terrifically tacky tape, fabritac

regular double-sided tape is worthless on glitter paper

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to madmatter

Echoing what is above - the red back taped which I think is the Terrifically Tacky Tape is awesome for glitter paper and a good brand glue dots will work that come on the sheet but I've not had luck with the glue dots that come in a box and they are on a roll.

Glitter paper is hard to work with but the dots or red backed paper will work perfect!

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Henri Jean

glue dots

twosmilestoday
Resident
twosmilestoday

• Henri Jean Said:
Echoing what is above - the red back taped which I think is the Terrifically Tacky Tape is awesome for glitter paper and a good brand glue dots will work that come on the sheet but I've not had luck with the glue dots that come in a box and they are on a roll.

Glitter paper is hard to work with but the dots or red backed paper will work perfect!

Thanks. Think I will look for the Tacky Tape and the sheets of glue dots. M's was out of the dots when I looked the other day.

twosmilestoday
Resident
twosmilestoday

Thanks for all the input. I have a few ideas to try.

Will look for the Terrifically Tacky Tape and the sheets of glue dots.

Dion

tinacome
Veteran
tinacome

Just wanted to chime in....I have actually had Glue Dots and the red Tacky Tape NOT work with extremely glittered items when it is a loose glitter and not sealed in. No matter how sticky dry adhesives are, if they become coated with loose glitter, they won't stick anymore.

I use Zip Dry for photos and paper and Fabri-tac for everything else when I'm using loose glitter.

Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P
In response to tinacome

I have the same issues with glitter paper. A thought just entered my head. I wonder if using sandpaper on an area just small enough to adhere the adhesive would solve the problem? If it will be covered up w/ a picture or something anyway, it should not matter if the sanding roughs it up and makes a small spot messy.

I may have to try that. I have been working with strips of glitter paper on my Christmas cards.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Trina_P

If it's REALLY glittery (Like the kind you come away with glitter all over youo) then only liquid glue holds,,,,,,,zip dry is good because it won't warp your paper.

if it's more of a glossed glitter paper, then as suggested glue dots or tacky tape. But I find those eventually give way too if it's the really loose glittery kind of paper.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to CommaHolly

I like the idea of sandy a tiny place the size of the glue dot. I hate hate hate working with wet glue of any kind because I make a mess. I get it everywhere.

I love my zig pen and even manage to make a mess with it.

I'll have to pick up some of the Zip Dry - that is one I haven't tried. I tried FabriTac on Fabrics a long time ago. It worked great, but Lord, did I make a mess with it!

I have the skills of a 3 year old when it comes to crafts!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

If you are using the Doodlebug glitter cardstock, I recommend Zip Dry liquid glue.

I my experience, tapes and dots do not stick to the paper the way that liquid glue does. It gets in all the nooks and crannies between the glitter.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Manda_K

Thta makes sense - hadn't thought about it like that.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

Always Zip Dry the other will eventfully work off Now don't ask me how I know that

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics