Username Post: Tim Holtz Movers and Shpers Dies        (Topic#1567629)
kjginga
Veteran
kjginga

How exactly are these used? Other than the actual dies, do you need special adaptations to use them? And, am I right in thinking you need a bigger die cutter to accommodate them?

Thanks!

Kathy

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to kjginga

Hi

They're used to cut that image into another image you're cutting- like, using the 'Keyhole' mover n shaper to cut a keyhole shape into the middle of the 'Styled Labels' shapes. The dies made to work with the 'movers n shapers' dies have an empty space in the middle of the shape- instead of foam- so you can attach (with the wonders of magnetization) the magnet-backed die to the metal floor of the other die. It it pretty cool, in my opinion.

You COULD buy the movers n shapers base tray, which is like a (or IS, I guess) a metal tray you can put the little movers n shapers dies in, to cut- but I just have the vintage cabinet die, and use it if I want to cut the little Halloween cat or bird or the Christmas snowflakes on their own. What I'm trying to say is that if you have a die the little movers n shapers can fit in, you dont really HAVE to have the 'base tray.'

And no, you don't need a bigger die cutter, they work fine in the BigKick.

Hope this wasn't too confusing!

-Kory

Edited by designguyKORY on 12-07-11 06:26 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to designguyKORY

I have used them without a base of some sorts but it does work better to have one. Personally I just use the tag die as z base and like Kory says it works perfectly.

kjginga
Veteran
kjginga
In response to MrsAnnieS

Many thanks to both of you for your replies and info!

Kathy

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics