Username Post: Embossing Question        (Topic#1567727)
brittselby91
New Kid On the Block
brittselby91

I recently went through the decision of purchasing the cuttlebug or a sizzix product and ended up purchasing the Sizzix Texture Boutique being as I already have a cutting machine I really didn't need anything that would cut.

Anyway, my question is, are the Cuttlebug embossing folders able to be used with the Texture Boutique?
Products Referenced in This Post:

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to brittselby91

they should work.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 12-10-11 04:33 PM
In response to Seaexplore

Yes, they work fine

brittselby91
New Kid On the Block
brittselby91
In response to stick

Ok thanks you guys for all your help!

That gives me tons of more options!

Any certain sites that you'd recommend purchasing from?

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore

here, J's, M's, evil bay. You can find them LOTS of places. The Darice folders will work too.

brittselby91
New Kid On the Block
brittselby91
In response to Seaexplore

thanks so much ladies!

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW

just make sure you don't get the larger 5x7 folders. They are too wide

momsbusybee
Tenant
momsbusybee

I just gotten the samething as well and I have been looking on ebay for the folder's and they have alot on there. (Don't know if you use ebay but it wont hurt to check it out)

New Kid On the Block
In response to momsbusybee

I just purchased a ton of darice folders. I am waiting on the mail man. Also, with other machines, I am able emboss metal stencils.

New Kid On the Block
In response to evenight

I use the sizzix, cuttlebug and darice embossing folders in my machine. I found a good deal on the darice dies for about $3. So of course I have more of those than the other two

momof2g1b
Veteran
momof2g1b
In response to evenight

I love this, I have been searching the internet for this very question, if i would have come here first I could have saved a lot of time.

Stiina
Stiina 
Veteran
Stiina
In response to momof2g1b

I used the Cuttlebugs in my texture boutique, but the larger folders will not fit. Just an FYI.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Stiina

I have a variety of folders that I use. I am kinda addicted!!! I also get some of the exclusive to Stampin' Up folders, worth a look if you want something different too.

Darice ones are nice too, and I love the bigger sized ones but they will not work in the textured boutique. I got my neice a textured boutique for christmas. She is just getting into scrapbooking and is almost 12. I figured just embossing was good for her. The big shot might be confusing for her so I got the textured one. Maybe as she gets older, I will get her a big shot. I am excited to give her the "purse" for christmas!!

Stiina
Stiina 
Veteran
Stiina
In response to binkiemonstermom

I will certainly give it a shot. I like Stamping Up products and in fact purchased my first stamps from them! I am primarily a quilter and am trying to keep my spending to a dull roar, plus I recently lost my job and have less money to invest. As that situation resolves itself, I hope to have more to spend.

tbross71
Veteran
tbross71

You can use almost any embossing folders

smileneyz6
Expert
smileneyz6
In response to tbross71

what is the difference between the sizzix and the texture machine? I can emboss with my regular sizzix, so I don't get it.

♥ me

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to smileneyz6

The Texture Boutique only does embossing, which means it's a lighter and cheaper machine for those who don't intend to use dies.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to aquabunny

For me, I love the big shot because I do cut as well. But for Christmas I bought two tweens on my list the texture boutique because they are beginners. Figured the tweens would love the purse aspect and it is super easy to use!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics