Page 79 of 81 
Username Post: Secret Sister Swap (January~March) CLOSED for this round        (Topic#1567803)
RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Thanks for your compliment about the card Deb (and Rebecca too)! I think I'm getting better at them, having never been that brilliant! I've been sent so many beautiful examples from y'all that its inspired me on many occasions!

This time, one of my staff actually called me up and asked me to make one for the doctor, which was a huge compliment for me. She told me he was really into his garden so it was ok to make it flowery! I really love that combination of lime and purple too - seems to make for a very good card combination - I think this is my 3rd in those colours!

Anyway he opened it tonight and really loved it. Told me his wife was really into flower arranging, so she would love it too - so sweet! I asked him his nationality as I thought he was Syrian and my son thought he was Turkish. Turns out hes Iraqi - a nicer chap you couldnt imagine!

Says he would never go back to Iraq (he left over 20 years ago) cos he could not imagine ever feeling safe there again.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to RachelUK

acu2h

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to scrapbrarian

Checking in and catching up on the chit-chat.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to TrishaLouise

Good morning and happy Friday ladies.
I got a sweet email from my new dil asking me to teach her to scrap her wedding pics. That will be so much fun and will mean more time with her and my boy since they live 4 hours away.

Rachel are things still looking up with your mom?

Did I mention that my DH parents chose not to come to our son's wedding. She is doing fine after 3 weeks in the hospital but thought it would be too much for her. Really? She couldn't sit there for just the wedding and skip the reception and dance. We are all very hurt since the infection was better after a week and she was just depressed the last 2. Now she is fine and sits in a rocker all day watching out over the river.

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
  • Sherrenae Said:
Good Morning Ladies.

I have sat out the last couple swaps, but am really wanting in the next one. I haven't seen the new thread yet so just wanted to check and see if you were carrying on??

Hope all of you have been well. My life has been a bit crazy and haven't scrapped nearly as much as I would like but desperately want to get back at it.

Hi Sherri - my sweet sis from the past! You've had a new baby in your life to drive you crazy havent you? How is your little black pooch? Not so little now I guess!

Lovely to see you on here, and I think Pink was interested in hosting but not taking part this time - at least she was when we pushed her a little!

Thanks Rachel, I have missed all the ladies from here. My little black pup at least in height and length is bigger than my other dog now. Pretty lanky and with so much energy.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 03-30-12 08:32 AM
In response to Sherrenae

Happy Friday ladies!
I have a new post over on the Vintage Street Market Blog.
I would appreciate if you head on over and leave a comment.
For the tag I made I used the EK Success flower punch from my DS of last round! :0)
Thank you!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to vawm

Hey - can you believe my mum has had to move wards on account of her bad behaviour?! Oh yes, she is showing her true colours now. In many ways it is a relief to hear this, as it is what we have known for so very long. So shes in a side room, as opposed to a 4-bedded bay, because she was quite nasty to other old ladies in the same area. I am really relieved.

Heres my latest lo - remembering our time in Florida - just a few more pages to go now to finish Emily's album, but this was one of them!

Soaking up the sun! By RachelUK

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to RachelUK

good news-I think Rachel

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to tinadn

Hi ladies! Oh! I am dying to know who my sister is too and whether or not we are going to do the next round! I would miss this terribly if it stopped altogether.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

commented on your project too Victoria! SOOOO COOL!!! You have been pinned 11 times already!

pinksSS2012
New Kid On the Block
pinksSS2012
In response to Megan Ann

Do you know who I am yet? ;-)

Any final guesses?

You will know for sure tomorrow!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 03-30-12 07:30 PM
In response to pinksSS2012

Thanks Megan, I was shocked at so many pins!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 03-30-12 07:30 PM
In response to vawm

I agree, I think that your mom's behavior is good news Rachel. Now the medical folks will really believe you.... That should help.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to vawm

Oh Rachel, in this case bad behavior is GOOD news!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to scrapbrarian

Over here there is a law against antisocial behaviour, and its used for kids messing around in the street - playing music too loudly (consistently) or drinking and swearing and being a general nuisance to neighbours. They get an ASBO in court which is a warning Anti Social Behaviour Order. I said to Neil last night that my mum has now been given an ASBO!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Wow - has no one popped on the thread all day? Where are y'all?

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to Deb-doodle

Hello all! I am going to go ahead and put up the new thread...deb-doodle agreed to help me co-host so I will get it up for sign=ups. The new round won't start until the 15th of next month... so I'll post the link to the thread once it is up.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to thinkpink22

Here is the new sign up...

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/49/ti...

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to thinkpink22

Sounds perfect. I'll be over there in a sec!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to RachelUK

Pink and Deb Glad to hear you are keeping the Sisters alive with everyone's schedules so crazy busy:)

Page 79 of 81 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics