Page 80 of 81 
Username Post: Secret Sister Swap (January~March) CLOSED for this round        (Topic#1567803)
RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to tinadn

No one is ever (usually) too busy to pop on here and say hello - are we all over on the new thread already?

I have had a day of scrappy bliss - done 2 layouts, 2 cards, and heading back for another card!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 04-01-12 12:18 PM
In response to RachelUK

Afternoon ladies, just got back from Palm Sunday service and now we are off to basketball coaching! (Well for Preston!)
Hope everyone is having a great day. I was Nikilynn's sister this round, so I would sure like to know if she got her last two packages........... AND if she liked them......

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to vawm

I was on a scrappy roll today and completed 2 los and 4 cards! I'm never speedy but had time to play today and enjoyed every minute. This is a card for a friend - I'll have to post the others tomorrow.

Birthday card By RachelUK

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to RachelUK

I was having a hard time getting on sb.com today.
It kept freezing up and forcing me out.
Had a lazy day today. I did get one layout done and I am going to try the 20 layout 20 card challenge this month.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to vawm

Victoria, I still don't think anyone has heard from Nikilynn. I sent her a text this weekend asking her to please get with on of us to let us know that she's okay. I haven't heard back from her. It's just not like her to disappear like this. I really wish we knew someone that lived close to her that could go check on her.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Deb-doodle

Happy Monday ladies.

Does anyone know of some good ladies on here that would like to join the swap? I miss the days when there was a lot of chatter on the thread.

Tinadn, that's so sad about DH's parents not coming to the wedding. They missed out on a once in a lifetime opportunity. That's a day they will never get back.

Sherri, it's great to have you back in the swap!!!

Rachel, that's good news about your Mom. The longer they have her, the longer you can have peace of mind.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

I'm off to work here shortly. We had a great weekend with the grands and Dane and Bree. Yesterday was really a fun day. We played outside with the grands all day. It was such a pretty day all day. The sun was out, there was a nice breeze. It was really perfect.

I have more to share with you, but for now I'd best get on the road to work. I'll see you girls tonight.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 04-02-12 12:14 PM

Great, leave us hanging Deb...........

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

I'm moving over to the new thread. I wish we could hear something about Nikilynn too - we worried about you Debs way back when, but we got an update pretty quickly so we could all be reaching out to you. I would love to think we could support Nikilynn if she needs it too.

This is my looky-likey card in orange -similar to yesterday's!

Orange happy birthday By RachelUK

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to RachelUK

Hello ladies! Well, since this round didn't go as well as I'd hoped...I have angeled out a few spots and I'm sending to some as well.

Nobody has heard from Nikilynn that I know of. I've called, texted, emailed, and pm'd and no return anything...I sound like a stalker now, don't I? I am really sad about not hearing from her and worried. I hope all is okay.

Another one who I haven't seen or heard from on here is Shelly! Where are you girl?

I hope all of you guys will check in and let your pal know when you receive a gift from them. I always wonder if they liked the things I picked out and I'm sure everyone else does too!

And a big huge THANK YOU to my big sister from this round: Megan Ann!!!! You made this month (and the two before it) very fun!!! She sent me a goodie box from scrapbook.com, some bath and body works plug ins with several refills (all my favorite scents too!), and to top it all off, she also sent me a 10 amazon gift card so I get to go get a new book! Thank you so much Megan! You know I think the world of you anyway, but you are not only a wonderful sister, but a fantastic friend as well!

Talk to all of you soon~and I will be on here until I make sure everyone did receive (even those who I angeled out or sent to myself, etc.). Hope to see you on the other thread too everyone!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to vawm

• vawm Said:
Afternoon ladies, just got back from Palm Sunday service and now we are off to basketball coaching! (Well for Preston!)
Hope everyone is having a great day. I was Nikilynn's sister this round, so I would sure like to know if she got her last two packages........... AND if she liked them......

Victoria~I KNOW without a doubt that ANYTHING you sent to ANYONE, would be totally loved! You are such a thoughtful and sweet pal!!!!!!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to thinkpink22

Wasn't sure who had or had not revealed but since we are on to the new month, I'll post my list plus the ones I know from Nikilynn's:

1. Nikilynn~Shana
2. Victoria~Nikilynn
3. Shelly~Victoria
4. Shana~Shelly
5. Kimberly~Imelda
6. Imelda~ Trisha
7. Trisha~Megan
8 Megan~Kimberly

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to thinkpink22

Thanks Pink. I always look forward to the reveals.

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to tinadn

Kimberly, do want me to stay on here or PM you when packages are recieved? I can do either one. I really enjoyed making and sending surprises these past 3 months. I think this will be the swap to replace the Queen swap I am in. The Queen swap has turned out to be a disapointment the last 2 times I joined which is unfortant as it was a great deal of fun when I first got involved. Looking forward to continueing to get to know you set of ladies.

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to Drayia

I'll stick around too and make sure my packages are all received.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Drayia

Shana, that would be really nice if you stayed in. I've really enjoyed getting to know you.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

So I'm going to do a press conference right here for you ladies because you are the best anywhere!!!! I eluded to a story previously but then decided I probably shouldn't share that story with you girls on here. I did talk to Pink about it on the phone, and as complicated as it was to express feelings on the phone, I figured it would be even more so in print.

However, as I was thinking about it last night, I realized that you beautiful, supportive, wonderful ladies have been on this journey with me since the beginning. For the last 1 1/2 years you have been there for me as the wonderful friends that you are. Well, for longer than that really, but it was around then when my whole life changed.

I'm not putting this post on the new thread since alot of those girls are new and really don't know the history here. I just owe this to you girls, so here goes:

John is moving out and getting his own apartment. There! It's out there. We are still together and still very much in love. He feels he needs some alone time to 'decompress' and I really feel that would be very good for him. He hasn't been alone in over 30 years.

You girls know that he moved in just a month after we met. It is like taking a step backwards, but at the same time, maybe taking a giant leap forward.

We had a long talk about it last night, again. LOL!! His feeling is that he feels he's taking advantage of me. I cook dinner and then do the clean up and he sits in the den and plays his guitar. And honestly that has been making me a little resentful. I haven't really said anything yet because I was thinking that he would come around, but he said he has felt me pulling away emotionally. He did all of those chores in his marriage and felt resentment towards his wife so he said he didn't want me to feel that towards him and he thinks I am feeling that way, but I'm too nice to say anything.

I am kind of looking forward to having some alone time too. I've felt over the last few months that we rushed into living together too soon and that I would have liked the chance to have more dating time, and we still want to be in a monogamous relationship together.

I feel this will make us stronger and give us time to miss being together all the time. If it breaks us up then it wasn't meant to be. We've never had an argument or disagreement about anything so at this point I guess time will tell.

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia

sometimes having our own space is important. I know this as I got a devorice 6 years ago and got remarried 5 years ago. I have my own space to go to as well as he has a group of friends that he hangs with. We do not do everything together and makes the time that we do spend together more important and special. I am sure Deb, that you and John will find your own grove that works for both of you and still norishes your relationship.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Drayia

Thank you Shana!! I appreciate the words of encouragement.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Yes Debbie!!!! I'm glad you decided to share! I enjoyed talking with you yesterday though! You are always so funny!

Shana...divorced and remarried! How romantic to fall back in love!!!!

You can just check in here Shana when you can about the packages. And you can also let me know through PM as you receive your boxes.

Anyone who is still missing boxes or haven't heard from their own little sisters about receiving boxes, stay on here and keep me posted. Thanks

Page 80 of 81 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics