Username Post: Scrapbook stamps        (Topic#1567859)
Tenant

I am looking for suggestions of stamps that are good for layouts. I know Ali Edwards has a lot that are good for pages, but wondering if anyone has any other favorites. I am getting a bunch of new inks for Christmas and would like some stamps to go with it.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to meagan82one

I think a lot depends on what your preferences are - most stamps work well on layouts in one way or another. Are you looking for journaling stamps? Flourishes? Something else?

Here's a thread that shows different types of stamps in action.
http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/51/ti...

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Here Kitty

I use the Ali Edwards word stamps, also background type stamps the most probably.
Of actual items made into stamps, I use trees, leaves and flowers a lot. Pumpkins for Halloween, trees, snowman, holly etc. for Christmas.
It just depends on what kind of thing you want.
I have a mixture of acrylic and wood block stamps and use both equally, I think....
Alison

Tenant
In response to kiyawinn

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I was thinking phrases, titles and such, not so much images. I just wondered if anyone was familiar with maybe a brand that had a lot of scrapbook geared stamps that I had never heard of. Since I am fairly new to stamping, I am not familiar with many brands or their styles.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

Unity Stamps
Making Memories
Technique Tuesday
Hero Arts
Websters Pages
Graphic 45
Stampers Anonymous

If you search the Superstore for "stamps - phrases and expressions" there are 972 results!

This is sort of like asking, "what is the best patterned paper." The choices are practically infinite.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Bxr-Linda

it also just depends on taste,,,,,,the stamps I like aren't necessarily the stamps you'd like.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to CommaHolly

• CommaHolly Said:
it also just depends on taste,,,,,,the stamps I like aren't necessarily the stamps you'd like.

Exactly. But here are a few of my faves...

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato

When choosing stamps, I think the key is to look for versatile stamps that can be used multiple times. Certain…very distinctive images, while they may be cute, may not deliver the best “bang for your buck” because they are so recognizable and this may limit how many times you use them.

Any don’t overlook simple design & shapes. These are often the ones that add just the right touch.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Gelidy Gelato

• Gelidy Gelato Said:
When choosing stamps, I think the key is to look for versatile stamps that can be used multiple times. Certain…very distinctive images, while they may be cute, may not deliver the best “bang for your buck” because they are so recognizable and this may limit how many times you use them.

Any don’t overlook simple design & shapes. These are often the ones that add just the right touch.

I agree with this, but it all really depends on preference (like Holly mentioned). For example, I would buy a pumpkin stamp over a jack-o-lantern. A pumpkin could be used for fall, Halloween, Thanksgiving, pie....
Jack-o-lantern is kind of limited to Halloween.

Although some people may like to use that distinctive owl stamp on everything?

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to Bxr-Linda

Love stamps but I wish I would start using my stamps more.

Tenant
In response to prittb

I realize that everyone has particular tastes, and I did the search myself which made me think to ask if anyone had favorites that they may refer me to as a starting point. Thank you, Megan, for understanding what I was asking and the great response.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato

PS
These "old school" type stamps, letter is on a little stick, get overlooked a lot with all of the clear and cling type that are available but they are so easy to use and you will grab them again and again.

slyn11
slyn11 
Resident
slyn11
In response to Gelidy Gelato

I like Inkadinkado stamps for titles and phrases as well as 7 Gypsies.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics