Username Post: Desperately seeking Cricut help.        (Topic#1567921)
swonders
Diva
swonders

I have had my cricut for over 2 years and I have never been very happy with it. I can't get a clean cut no matter how hard I try. I just replaced my blade and small edges still stick causing me to spend so much time trying to pick my cut from the paper. What am I doing wrong. Half of it will cut clean but a good part of it does not. For a regular cut with a regular piece of paper what should my settings be? So sorry to vent, but now my daughter wants this page and here I sit fighting my cricut to get it perfect. Anybody?
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by swonders on 12-15-11 07:38 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

timon
timon 
Veteran
timon
  • timon on 12-15-11 07:41 PM
In response to swonders

try different setting on a scrap paper and see what works best. if does not cut completely you can always hit the recut button

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to timon

Without knowing the paper and the image you are trying to cut, it is hard to tell. As we all know, unfortunately, its mostly trial and error.

I hope you get it figured out- I know it can be very frustrating.

Edited by ChansGram on 12-16-11 08:46 AM. Reason for edit: Late night reading=bad typing/spelling

swonders
Diva
swonders
In response to ChansGram

Thank you. I am using a light weight card stock paper and just cutting a font. That's it. But my fonts don't cut all the way through, or I get a rough edge and it looks fuzzy with a darker paper behind it. It's all good. I will figure it out. It just doesn't make sense for cutting a light weight card stock that the pressure has to be on high. What happens if I want to cut something thicker?

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to swonders

I find that cutting small or intricate fonts don't work well. Sorry I can't offer any good advice...you may want to post this on the Cricut board. Or pop over to Provo Crafts forum. Good luck!

susanlk
Veteran
susanlk
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Have you tried a different brand of paper? Some don't cut as cleanly as others.

Also, try a different cutting mat if you have another one.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to susanlk

Have you adjusted the blade depth on the actual blade housing?

scrapinsmiles
Expert
scrapinsmiles
In response to susanlk

Is your blade set in it's housing properly? If you are just using standard cardstock, then setting your blade pressure at 4 should work.

Go to the Above Rubies Studio website and download the Cricut settings guidebook that they created which will tell you what settings your Cricut should be on to cut just about every brand of paper on the market.

Good luck!

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to susanlk

For light cardstock, I usually have my pressure at high and my blade at 5 and speed at medium. Have you taken the blade out of the holder to make sure you don't have paper bits inside? Sometime the smallest piece will cause your machine to cut funky.

Babylou
Diva
Babylou
In response to HisGEM

Yes, check to make sure your blade is cleaned out.
And make sure it is installed correctly. It can be easy to get it in there a little wonky.
I was also going to suggest slowing down your speed if you have it on high. Try it on med/high or med.
Sometimes light paper cuts worse just because it is too thin. Try a little heavier paper and see how it cuts.
You can always turn on the "multi-cut" feature when you cut. This feature programs the Cricut to cut the same path twice. This may help it to get the spots it missed the first time.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to Babylou

What size are you trying to cut? I have some fonts that don't do well below an inch.

swonders
Diva
swonders
In response to jaxxan

Thank you all very very much! All these little tips were just what I needed. One of those "night before I need it" things, tensions were high, but we got it thanks to all your help. THANK YOU!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to swonders

textured paper is evil for the cricut LOL,,

also, I have better luck with cutting TWICE.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics