Page 4 of 492 
Username Post: Brats Corner Latte Shop        (Topic#1568161)
Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Huskymom

Yes its true.....Deb2

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Martica

Deb2, I've always admired those canvas photos...hope it gets to you safe and sound.

Need to go press my eve and day outfits....found pants that I can wear without closing off blood circulation totally.

Scrap Smart
Mayor
Scrap Smart
In response to Huskymom

Hi, right back at you!

ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 12-23-11 07:22 PM
In response to Huskymom

• theboydbunch Said:
My last day of work is over until January 3rd I picked up a "Snowflake Latte' " from Wegman's (grocery store) on my way home to give me a little energy boost to now begin wrapping presents...nope, haven't even started yet

I promised DH we would not wait until Christmas Eve to start because we (meaning he) ends up running to Walgreens at 10:00 pm to pick up another gift for one of the kids to even things out, because that's the only place still open Let's see if I make it tonight....

I have a 12 year old daughter and a 16, almost 17 (2 weeks away) son and am from Maryland, btw

So, how was everyone's day??

Hi E

Deb, I doubt your kids really still count gifts, do they?

That's the only reason I don't want more than one. I HATE the he/she has more whatever ********. I take it away from BOTH when they pull that. But, as much as I can't image taking attention away from dd, I do believe she needs a brother or sister. We'll see.

Here's a thought-why don't you count BEFORE Christmas Eve? lol.

We're not wrapping this year. I can't believe I said that. I didn't wrap dd's, and I just don't have time or energy for it. Dh doesn't care. I figure it's just more mess to clean. lol. I'd rather spent time with dd. He already gave me my big gift, and honestly, there's nothing more I want.

Hi everyone, glad this place 24 hours, though I'm in bed by 9pm most nights. I being bad and staying up a few minutes late tonight. After dd was asleep, I made cookies (from the tube this year...but hey, I put them in the oven).

To introduce myself, I'm E. Long time sb member, though I currently don't scrap (no time or space), and I did mostly digital last year. I'm a spoiled only child, mother to 2 month dd, married to code monkey for some odd years. Before being a mother, I loved to garden and photography. I do hope to be able to do some planting this spring.

I hope everyone has a great eve of Christmas Eve and may tomorrow and Christmas be stressful and peaceful.

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Martica

Hi Ladies...
What a wonderful surprise it was when I checked my email and saw a notice of a PM from Deb on this Chat. I love little spots like these for ladies to chat. I can just picture the decor in my head.
I have been out all day getting some last minute things done. I had to go pick up Tamales and I was just in time. They were getting really low on the home made ones. The grocery store was a made house. I was thinking that I was finally in for the weekend and ......
My hubby showed up at 8:00 after working over to make up for the days they are forced to take off without pay (or use vacation). He brought my 7 year old step son with him. I was not prepared to entertain SANTA this year. I already have all of his gifts wrapped and under the tree. Guess who is going out tonight and fight the crowd at Walmart......... Yes that would be me. Santa made a big showing last year at our house (also a last minute thing). He would not understand if the jolly fellow did not come down the chiminey and leave the same kind of loot.
I have been making things for the other kids but this little guy is a different story. Oh what life was like through the eyes of a 7 year old at Christmas.
HO HO HO!!!!!!!! Merry Christmas!!!!!

ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 12-23-11 07:28 PM
In response to Lorna Lee

wow. shopping the night before, I don't envy that!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to ELynn

Evening everyone. I do believe it's going to be an all nighter for me. Made the mistake of laying down on the couch to watch a bit of tv at 6:30 and only just woke up at 10:30. May as well have the good coffee. I don't think it's going to matter tonight.

I have no gifts to wrap so all the stress if off this year. Also made christmas shopping so much easier. Didn't have to fight any crowds and I won't have to worry about any returns.

Good to see so many wonderful places. Oh and Martica. I would really appreciate a tip.

Stormydog
Diva
Stormydog
In response to DKravec

Hey girls, I can feel a panic coming on. I know there is something that I'm forgetting and Christmas I'll remember with no place to go get whatever I need!
Company is coming, food isn't cooked and house cleaning not done but where was I most of the day???? Yes making cards!...avoiding the real life!

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady
In response to DKravec

I did the same thing, Deb! But I won't be up much longer; until my thyroid gets fixed I can't stay awake for very long. LOL earlier this week I got frustrated and drank two Amp energy drinks. With 32 oz. of that stuff in my stomach I was still sleepy! Although I did end up staying awake because I had to pee about a dozen times in an hour!

Scrap Smart
Mayor
Scrap Smart
In response to Stormydog

awww! heavy sigh!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-23-11 08:38 PM
In response to ELynn

• ELynn Said:
  • theboydbunch Said:
My last day of work is over until January 3rd I picked up a "Snowflake Latte' " from Wegman's (grocery store) on my way home to give me a little energy boost to now begin wrapping presents...nope, haven't even started yet

I promised DH we would not wait until Christmas Eve to start because we (meaning he) ends up running to Walgreens at 10:00 pm to pick up another gift for one of the kids to even things out, because that's the only place still open Let's see if I make it tonight....

I have a 12 year old daughter and a 16, almost 17 (2 weeks away) son and am from Maryland, btw

So, how was everyone's day??

Hi E

Deb, I doubt your kids really still count gifts, do they?

No, E, my kids have NEVER counted gifts, but I do...I want them both to have close to the same, and we try to spend the same amount of money on each of them, which doesn't always make the number of gifts equal, if that makes sense. Zan has 4 less gifts than Annie right now, but we spent more money on him, so we're picking up a few gift cards for each of them tomorrow and calling it done...they are spoiled brats...we just spent 4 hours wrapping!!!
Why don't I count before Christmas Eve normally??? Because I do 99.9% of my shopping online and don't have the time nor the energy to even take the stuff out of the boxes they were shipped in until then I'm actually still waiting on at least 1 package in the mail for my sister...I honestly lose track of what I've ordered because I started shopping this year at the end of October, which is really early for me

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-23-11 08:46 PM
In response to Huskymom

I just realized I lost a diamond out of my anniversary band

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Huskymom

Gosh shopping at Walmart ,one day before xmas eve are you kidding? I would go to my nearest supermarket and buy a bunch of gift cards.... Well my 2 sons were here at home enjoying some music and goofing off. I loved it. Its hard to get them together in one place at the same time these days. My oldest lives in Tallahassee and the youngest is sometimes working, so its great to see them together . Now mind you ladies that still have babies at home, my babies are 23 and 29 years old now....but they are still my babies.....

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Huskymom

• theboydbunch Said:
:rant: I just realized I lost a diamond out of my anniversary band

Oh my that is not good....

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady
In response to Martica

Up for 2 hours now it's time to go back to sleep

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to Martica

Thanks for the invite!

We are more than ready for Christmas. Adelyn was/is spoiled beyond but we wanted that this year

I'm officially off of mat leave and now a permanent SAHM and am loving it. After a year off with the small one there was no way I was going back. Next small one will be in the works soon I hope. Plus building a new house. Next 2ish years are going to be CRAZY!

Just waiting for tomorrow now! I'm so excited for Ad's 1st Christmas!!!

throwscraps
Governor
throwscraps
In response to Huskymom

Hi ladies the church program was awsome. not gonna be on here too long cause i have to go to bed soon, as i have to get up early cause i gotta take Danzig (my Dog) to Stacey's house so she can watch him for a few days while i'm out of town for the holidays.

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to throwscraps

Just got back from Wal-mart. The wait in line to pay was worse than the crowds in the isles. About 40 minutes in line. The ladies in front of me seemed like old friends by the time we made it to the register. I think that I am ready now. I tried to order a jersey on line for my 19 yr old step son and it would not take, but they held my card for the amount twice. Once for the on-line try and once for the phone try. Now what since does that make??? My son (30 yr)just had to have major car repairs done. I am giving him a photo of a radiator and a starter wrapped up. Hubby and I will not exchange gifts this year. I got him some little things thou. I am ready for a shower and bed.
Katiemylady, I feel your pain. I take meds for my thyroid everyday. I have been on them for prob 15 yrs. Not only is your body tired all the time, but hair and nails are screwed up. Not to mention weight and emotional problems.
Theboydbunch,
Hope you have homeowners insurance to cover your diamond. I found one of mine that I lost one time weeks later on the carpet that had been vacuumed several times. Luck. Wishing some your way.
Merry Christmas Eve Ladies.
I will stop in for some tea and chat after some sleep. It is after midnight.

Edited by Lorna Lee on 12-23-11 10:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady
In response to Lorna Lee

It doesn't matter what time I go to Wal-mart, the line is always bad! If I go too late they only have one register open, if I go during normal hours there are a lot more people You can't win lol.

Can't believe I didn't fall back asleep. I took a couple of pictures of our tree yesterday and I'm editing them now -- I hope to use them on a Christmas layout. I haven't made a LO since I started scrapping again, gotta work on that

Lorna, I've had the thyroid problem for just a little over 6 years. When I realized that the tremors I was getting in July went away when I ran out of my medicine, I decided to stop taking it and see how I felt. I didn't feel any symptoms of low hormone so I left it at that. I started feeling like I had mono several weeks ago and it only hit me last week that these are my hypothyroid symptoms -- felt the same way before it got diagnosed. It truly screws with every system in your body! It's crazy how such a small bit of hormone can make you feel like you're dying. I'm not having the blood test until Tuesday so I'm not sure how low it is, but it's low enough, I know that lol.

I saw a trick on Pinterest that might help Deb2...if you put panty hose/tights over the end of the hose on your vacuum (keep it taut with a rubber band), you can get the suction power without actually sucking up what you're looking for. So if you know where you might have lost it that could be worth trying.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Lorna Lee

Uh-oh, I knew it was too good to be true. I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow and pouf, 2 am I'm wide awake...so I figured I'd stop in the cafe and grab some warm milk.....

Deb, I do the same thing with my kiddos....I try to give them each the same amount of gifts and spend the same exact $$$. I feel guilty if one gets more than the other.... They certainly don't care what I give. I continue to spoil them (35 and 37 yrs old) and can't wait to be able to spoil my grandkiddos, if my sons ever decide on getting married and make me a happy nana!!!!!! Need to nudge them a lil more

Sorry about losing a diamond from your ring...bummer!!!

OK...should try to get some shut-eye. We are invited for Christmas Eve dinner at 2 pm! Kinda early....I like the eve celebrated in the ummm, EVE!!!!!

Edited by Linnny on 12-24-11 12:04 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 4 of 492 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics