Username Post: Brats Corner Latte Shop        (Topic#1568161)
Dawna.s Place
Diva
Dawna.s Place
In response to maggieanne

• maggieanne Said:
Dawna, you are one sweet lady for having the brunch and then sharing with your neighbor!

I know what you mean about some people when you meet them. it's like you instantly feel like you've known the person for a long time.

Please don't let what your step-mother is going through get you down! Have faith that everything will be okay and keep a positive attitude.

Thank you Maggie...Your so right. I feel much better today as I spoke with her yesterday and she's regained 95% of her speech and started walking yesterday! I'm so relieved that this is going to be just a rough patch for them to go through rather than a permanent disability. I was worried sick about that. So very relieved now! I'm sure I'll start feeling better. Thank God!

Dawna.s Place
Diva
Dawna.s Place
In response to Dawna.s Place

Bon...Happy Birthday to your DH. I know he'll have a wonderful time visiting with his sister today. I'm so delighted that there is so much healing going on in your family! You have a blessed day my friend!

elizabeth97
Veteran
elizabeth97

Good morning, ladies. I just wanted to check in really quick. I am going to be leaving for church soon. I'm tired and yawning this morning, I wish I had a cafe mocha. I might just have to stop and get one before church.

I hope everyone has a lovely day. The sun is shining here. May it shine where you are.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to elizabeth97

Good morning!!!

Dawna, you started my day off with a giggle. I figured I never know where I am so it must be Monday!!!! Glad you clarified it for the both of us!!!!! So happy to hear that Wanda has 95% of her speech back and is walking!!!! Praise God! Been remembering her in my prayers!!!

Maggie, how is Angela feeling today. Said a prayer for her.

Bon, what a most wonderful birthday celebration your family will enjoy today. It's gonna be so special and filled with love!!!! Happy Birthday Boo!

Anna, I recall the days of washing my floors on hands and knees. When I first got married ('72) I picked this lincoleum that had all this embossing, what was I thinking!!!!! Now if I ventured to get down on my hands and knees to do anything, I'd have to call 911 to get me up!!!!

I visited with Camille yesterday. She is progressing well....her voice is low but she is able to talk in phrases; she has her sense of humor and shows it with words and expressions; but I think what hit me the most yesterday was to see the love between my sister and her husband. I've always felt that they had the best marriage of anyone I knew...and after almost 50 years, it's stronger than ever. The way my BIL looks at her and she at him melts my heart! I know she will get through this!!!

May your day be filled with many blessings!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Linnny

I just love a good love story Linnny. To know that after 50 years of marriage, their bond is still strong.

Dawna, girl you cracked me up. I sure am glad you clarified what day it is today. I might have gotten out of my pj's and got dressed if I thought it was Monday. Now I can have another cup of joe and take a nap.

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to DKravec

So much for all my plans while I'm home without hubby. My back went out of me Friday while shopping at Joann. My son had to come and resume me from the store and take me to chiropractor. Have been on bed rest since then. I'm totally crocked so more adjustment tomorrow.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Euroalien

Yvonne, so sorry to hear this.....hope the chiropractor can help you!!! Sending healing prayers your way!

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Martica

• Martica Said:
Good news for me thow I was featured in the Graphic 45 blog:

http://g45papers.typepad.com/graphic45/2012/09/hel lo-g4...

Congrats!

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Lorna Lee

Hi ladies. I see there is a lot to praise God for.
Happy birthday to Joe, Bon.
Martica, That was not the right job for Pedro. The right one is coming.
I had the most wonderful thing happen today. I was talking to my step son Matthew (we had his party yesterday) and I asked him if he enjoyed his birthday. He told me yes and with glee in his voice said "It was my BEST birthday ever!"
We had a house full yestday. The inflatable waterslide combo was a really big hit with all the kids. There was kids from 6 to 18 in that thing. At one point they all came in and changed clothes and next thing you know they are all in the thing again in those clothes and wet to the bone. Too funny. God blessed us with the perfect day. Some rain but the kids did not care because they were getting wet anyway. No thunder or lightening, warm but no harsh sun to burn them. Today is gloomy, windy and cool. I really feel blessed.

Edited by Lorna Lee on 09-30-12 05:57 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to Lorna Lee

It really warms my heart to hear so many good things happening here! Dawna, so glad your step-mother is doing that great!

Linny, you're sister and bil have something very special! It's good to hear you saying that she'll be okay...I felt that too!

Lorna, what a wonderful party you held for your stepson! Sounds like one of those times where you make a list of things, name the cost of them and then tell everyone what he said was "priceless"!

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne

Anna, sounds like you should be running a restaurant like Jolena! LOL I'm glad you got to see your dd#1, I'm sure you miss her when she's at school.

Oh, and thanks everyone for asking about Angela. She's feeling a little better today. Still has the cough and sinus pressure but she says she feels a little better. She's going to try and go into work tomorrow but if she starts feeling crappy she'll go home. She always wears a mask and gloves with her patients so she doesn't have to worry about spreading germs, I just worry about her! She hates having to reschedule patients so I think in all the years she's been a hygenist she's stayed home sick just once.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Euroalien

• Euroalien Said:
So much for all my plans while I'm home without hubby. My back went out of me Friday while shopping at Joann. My son had to come and resume me from the store and take me to chiropractor. Have been on bed rest since then. I'm totally crocked so more adjustment tomorrow.

You poor thing. And of all places for it to go out on you, it does it at Joannes. Did you at least get to finish shopping. But on a more serious note, I sure wish they could fix your back. It worries me with how much trouble you have with it. Prayers that you're up and about soon.

Dawna.s Place
Diva
Dawna.s Place
In response to Euroalien

• Euroalien Said:

Oh no Yvonne! I hope your dr. has you fixed back up soon! I'll be thinking good thoughts for you too!

Dawna.s Place
Diva
Dawna.s Place

Good Morning Ladies,

It's Monday! lol The lab doesn't open till 7:30 so I'm up way too early for fasting blood work today. My doc is going to holler at me if I don't get in and get this done soon. I think my blood work has been on order since the spring! I know, my bad.

Linny so glad to hear that you had a great visit with your sister and bil! It always warms my heart when I see a strong loving bond between a couple too. Makes me happy.

Lorna what great memories you created for your step son. It just doesn't get any better than "best birthday ever!" Love hearing about happy times!

I think I'll head to the kitchen and make hubby some coffee this morning. It's getting close to rise and shine time now ...

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee

Good morning ladies.
May you each have a wonderful blessed day. It is in the 60's here and suppose to be about 80 for a high.
Yvonne, I have been thinking..... How much were you trying to buy at Joann's? Sorry darling, I do not mean to make light of your pain. I hope that it feels better soon so you can use all those supplies.

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to Lorna Lee

Yvonne, I hope your back is feeling better today!

Good morning everyone! The sun finally came out today after a week of cold and rainy weather. I think it's suppose to hit 70 degrees today, yay!

I'm determined to scrap today. Yesterday was usual "Football Sunday" and got nothing done! I just hope my scrappy block is gone and the sun will help me do some creating. I also have a few layouts I did over the long weekend in N.H. and now I can take pics and post that the sun is out!

Everyone have a wonderful day and I hope the 1st day of a new month brings lots of good things and joy to all of us!

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter

Prayers for those who need it
Praise for those whose prayers are coming to fruition.

Hugs, Bren

DKravec
Angel
DKravec

Having lunch out with friends then I need to cut the grass when I get home before it rains. Hopefully I'll have some scrapping time later tonight.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to DKravec

Hi ladies!

I thought I posted here this morning....but it was on one of the swap boards.

Asking for more prayers for Camille. The surgeons are going to be placing a permanent drain that will go from her brain to her stomach. They tried closing off the drain to see if her body could absorb the fluid on its own....it can't. So she goes back to the operating room tomorrow for this procedure. Your prayers are appreciated!

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to Linnny

Awww Linny, I'm so sorry Camille has to go through this! I will pray for her tonight and tomorrow will pray and keep positive thoughts of her all day! She'll be okay darlin...she's in good hands!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics