Username Post: Brats Corner Latte Shop        (Topic#1568161)
scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to hvn101

Heather this is going to be very Pollyanna but I've been where you are at and sometimes we need to be reminded of the beauty so here goes:

The PT is giving you additional strength you need for the surgery so it could be that the chair incident was needed in order to build your strenth for your near surgery.

You're 13 year old daughter is a teen ager with all the teen age angst PLUS adult angst that we have as well being allowed to make the choice to see you or not. When the time comes for you to both rejoin it will be even a greater relationship because the time apart will make you value each other even more. She is safe and alive and as long as those things are there it is a place of hope.

Thank our wonderful Lord that he placed a new friend in your life. Imagine how wonderful that is that He knew you were going to need someone and put them right there for you. Praise God even more that you live in a country that has such fine medical care that the surgery is even available. We could be any so many worse places.

How wonderful that you have a landlord that is flexible - I've never had a landlord like that and didn't know they existed so you have lifted me up with that information. The fact that the potential for donations are even there is such a great opportunity.

My prayers are with you.
OK finished praising

elizabeth97
Veteran
elizabeth97
In response to scrapwriter

Hello ladies.

I have been quiet lately but still here. Kind of in a funk but not too bad, just quiet.

Saying prayers for everyone. You are always in my thoughts.

Dawna.s Place
Mayor
Dawna.s Place

Good Morning Sweet Ladies,

Java is on and it looks to be a beautiful morning!

Bren... love the praises for such a positive outlook! It always amazes me how God provides!

Heather... so sorry you and your daughter are struggling right now. I will put your relationship in my prayers that God may one day heal the bonds that hold you together. I am so happy that you have a new friend to help you during this time of need! Praise God! I'll be praying that your surgeon does a wonderful job and that your recovery goes smoothly.

Anna... So sorry to hear that you've been in a funk sweetie! I know what you mean, I've been there the better part of the summer. Found out over the weekend that my thyroid is out of whack so I'm sure that explains why I'm feeling out of sorts these days. No worries, this too shall pass...

Maggie...So glad you were able to advise Katie about halving time released medications! I'm sure we all worry about Katie as she is so young to have so many medical concerns. I'm thinking that you're retired now, but did you work in the medical field?

Linny...How did Camile do after Friday's new drain tube was put in? Has she started to drain properly again? Is she back to recognizing you and your BIL? She continues in my prayer's.

Sunday dinner was nice and Jessica and I got to tinker in my scrap room for a while too. Made an adorable Halloween lo for her reception desk at the office. She was so excited over how cute it turned out. No pic's but it always does my heart good to see my daughters create! I did finish up my Nutcracker Sweet Shadow Box this weekend and it really came out adorable! If you like these papers, feel free to pop over and have a peek.

Praise Report: I spoke with my step mom Wanda yesterday and she's preparing to come home from the hospital on Tuesday. Her speech has returned following the stroke. But, she is still struggling to get up from her wheelchair by herself. Dad is very limited on how much he can help her get up so continued prayers for her courage, strength and determination would be welcomed.

Sorry for the long post ladies. Guess I had a lot on my mind after all this morning. Have a marvelous Monday my friends and may God's blessings be with all of you as you go about your business today. Hugs to all...

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to elizabeth97

Good morning!

Bren, you have such a gift, no you are the gift! Your words to Heather teach us all to look at life's experiences in a different light! Thank you!

Camille is having the programmable internal drain implanted this morning. I actually spoke to her on the phone last night and her voice was strong! She will get through this!

May your day be filled with many blessings....

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Linnny

Dawna, we posted at the same time. Wonderful news about Wanda!!!! Praise God!

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to Linnny

Good news regarding Wanda and Camille! yay!

Thank you Bren for your positive words this morning!

Dawna, I am retired but no, not from any medical field. I lost one of my best friends to breast cancer and helped her through it when she was at home. She had to take every known pain med and I learned a lot about them.

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to maggieanne

What is up for everyone today? I may take a ride with a friend to local Joanns store but not sure yet. I'm 99% finished with a mini I'm working on for a one on one swap and I need to find just the right piece to put the mini in! There is also an antique shop down the street from my son's that I want to investigate!

I hope everyone has a good day!

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Linnny

Good morning beautiful ladies. I have not been at my computer for most of the weekend. I pulled something in my shoulder last week and it caused a terrible pain through my chest. I went to the doctor on Friday and he gave me Soma (muscle relaxer). My dh has been very sweet and giving me messages. I soak every night in the tub with the jets on using the stuff that the message therapist on the cruise sold me for fibro. Then dh uses the message stuff that I bought. I was able to spend a few hours in my scrap room on Saturday and then last night. I have been in creative withdrawl but just did not have it in me. The pain was too great. It is starting to sub-side some now. I am very thankful for the new change in my dh.
I have so much to say to each of you but I am sure that I will forget someone but know that I hold you each in my prayers every night.

Katie, When I had gulbladder problems I was down to eating lettuce and dry tuna before my surgery. Stay on a bland diet for your own good until you can get into the doctor for treatment. If you have not been vomiting, that is a good thing.
Dawna, Sounds like you have a great thing going with the whole family aboard working out. I too have a hypothyroid and it is very hard to loose weight. Energy is a priceless thing of grace as well. Good to hear that your step mom is doing better.
Bren, Your words are so up lifting. Do not allow the devil to take those from you. A true gift of beauty from God that has over flowed onto us.
Heather, I will continue to pray for you. Like Bren, I think it is a true blessing from God that this new friend is in your life.
Linny, My sweet friend, I am so sorry that Camille has taken a set back. We will pray harder for her return to you.
Jolena, You are really an inspiration. To help that man when he was so down will be rewarded. The whole thing with scrooge is a testimony to your strength. I am very proud to know you.
Steph, Hang in there girl. You are just tired right now.
Elizabeth, I do not know you well but I am glad that you have found our little group and we can pray with you.
Bon, I am so thrilled that you are once again posting. I hope that we can soon be able to meet IRL.
Suzie, Good to hear that you have a new ride. Did I hear you say that you will start filling the trunk? LOL (shoppers 12 step joke)
Maggie, Keeping your mom in my prayers. Sounds like you have a baby to pamper for a week. He may need a little extra hand feeding to make it.
Shana, How was that meal?
Deb, The heck with the grass. Sit by the fire with us for a while.
Martica, How is Pedro's job search going?
Yvonne, I really hope this is a better week for you.
Glenda, Where are you at sweet lady?

To all, I wish you a blessed and wonderful week. May God show you his miraculous beauty in your every turn.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Lorna Lee

Prayers go out to everyone in need.
Weather is changing quickly. It's a bit chilly outside and I need to get the grass cut. I may need to break out the ear muffs.
Sending good vibes for a wonderful week to all my special ladies.

Dawna.s Place
Mayor
Dawna.s Place
In response to DKravec

Oh no Lorna, ouch!!! So happy to hear that hubby is being a big help!!! Have a great day sweetie!

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to DKravec

Good morning ladies. Wow, after two days of gloomy rainy weather, the sun is shining sooo brightly this morning! It just looks like a magnificent fall day -- a tad cool, but sunny and bright!

There's a new Michaels opening up a few miles away and I was going to take a ride to check out the grand opening, but I decided I really don't need anything and I did put myself on a spending freeze until the spring unless absolutely necessary. I got my ACMoore reward certificate for $10 so I think I may be heading there, but I'll wait until the weekend. So I guess I'll stay in and play in my room for a little while. I was planning on printing some pictures, but can't seem to put my hands on my jump drive that has the pictures!

Linny, wonderful news that you spoke to Camille on the phone last night! And Dawna, equally wonderful that Wanda will be going home!

Yvonne, how are you feeling????

Lorna, I hope you're feeling better today as well!

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady
In response to provinca

Heather my heart aches for you right now, you are in my prayers for healing in all areas of your life. You'll come out of this funk, I know it never feels like it but you WILL! Been there, depressed beyond comprehension thinking it would never end, but the right door to healing finally opened and I was out of the dark place I was in. Been through that many times!

Linny I am so happy to hear you spoke to Camille! Great news that her voice is strong, that's a great indication of progress.

Dawna it's awesome you got to scrap a little with your DD! I used to have hypothyroidism, too...I never had weight problems related to it, but it sure affected every other system in my body! It'll screw you up bad, SO happy you had the test done! Mine wasn't too bad, I can't remember the test number but my prescription for Synthroid/levothyroxine was 112mcg. Hypothyroidism sucks for sure.

We turned the heat on today, my mom was freezing. I didn't get to unpack any scrap stuff yesterday, didn't make much progress on the space. My dad is so slow going through every little thing in that basement and I just don't have the patience for it, so my mom is going to join us today and help speed up the process.

We're also headed to the dump today! How fun LOL. Gotta get rid of a bunch of trash from the move and we only have one trash can for the garbage pickup til my dad gets paid...so we're taking our 6+ big black trash bags to the dump to get them out of our now stinky sun room LOL.

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to katiemylady

Hi all you wonderful Ladies, I hope you are having a great holiday Monday today. Supper was wonderful, I love having a house full and cooking for everyone. People started arriving at 4pm and we ate by 5pm, I did not make the deserts this year one of my friends did so we had 2 Apple crumbles and 2 pumkin pies. I had planned on make turkey pot pies with the left overs but there is only turkey left LOL. The best part of the evening was visiting and talking, majority of our friends didnt leave until 11pm last night.
Next big event for me will be New Years as we started a new traditions last year. We do a Murder Mystery Party. Last years theme was a Hawii loau, this year is set in the 40s, Italian eatery with the mob! Christmas will be at the in-laws this year so I wont be doing any cooking just helping out.

Its a perfect day here as it is cool and rainy so I dont mind doing all the clean up and laundry. Off now to play some World of Warcraft, supper in a couple of hours then crafting this even.

I continue to include all who needs prayers in the lives daily. May we all remember to be grateful for the little things. God Bless and may you feel the Comforter in your lives.

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to Drayia

Hello all!
Thanks for all the feeling beter wishes, means alot!
Doing better but still far from good, no scrapping!
DH back home again and now everything seems to be on the calm side - of course!!!!

JoLena I would luv to come and see you. Have to see how the schedular will look like and if we have some time to come and say hi. I don't drive yet so I will not have my own car. Have your numbers.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Euroalien

Evening all, just passing thru on my way to the tv.

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady
In response to DKravec

Looks like I won't be setting up my scrap space until the end of the month when my dad gets paid. I am so bored without it! We need a storage unit and don't have the $30 for it. I finally get my own space and I can't even set it up!

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to katiemylady

Katie have you looked at Craigs List or gone to apartment complexes to see what people put on the sides. You will not believe the treasures you can find. Yes I admit it, I've dumpster dived in the past.

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee

Me too Bren!

Ok sweet sister's of mine. I must warn you that soon I will be posting my Strange creation in the fearless swap. It may seem a little on the riske' side. But remember that the catagory is STRANGE. I am making a play on gossip. When you see it in my gallery, please do not judge me too harshly. The creative side in me did a play on words. It came to me after the big blow up that happened involving one of our dearest sisters. I just felt that a warning to my friends was warranted.
The real title that I am going to have to clean up some for posting is " Hearing a lot of cr@p going around"

Edited by Lorna Lee on 10-08-12 06:05 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to Lorna Lee

LOL, can't wait to see it Lorna! Don't forget to let us know when you post it!

That's a great idea Bren! People are always leaving things out by the road they don't want anymore and you know what they say...one man's trash is....yep, another man's treasure! There are at least 2 diy shows on that they mainly take stuff like that and turn it into something amazing.

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to maggieanne

Shana, so glad you had a great holiday! Sounds like a full house. Your New Year's Eve party sounds like a blast!

Yvonne, so glad you're feeling better and hubby is home!

Deb, right behind you girlfriend! lol

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics