Username Post: Brats Corner Latte Shop        (Topic#1568161)
Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Martica

Jo well said kiddo.....

Dawna.s Place
Mayor
Dawna.s Place
In response to Martica

Good Morning Martica,

Thanks for the sugar in my gallery! Loved the SS plaque and door hanger swap! Wish I could play along in the next one too. But, babysitting contractors seems to be on my to do list these days. Still working on my little black dress mini, slowly, but surely it's coming along!

Wishing you ladies blessings today!

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to Martica

Good morning everyone! Bon sweet Bon, check you out girl! Back in the saddle and riding the creative wagon again. God is all powerful isn't he? Just remember when you don't have the energy we're all here to hold you up in prayer. It's really just that simple. If you can, pray for those that have hurt you and God WILL heap coals on them and give them the conviction to change their ways.

Jo you are so right, sometimes this is the only place I have to turn and you wonderful women of the Lord have never let me down.

Martica, I'm with you girl, I'm going back to bed. I have 13 days work in 14 days and the antibiotics are clearing up the pain but that rotten thing fatigue is hanging on with a vengeance.

Drayia - I've owned 5 houses in my life, I'm renting now and frankly I don't care if I never own again. I love my little place, love not having to worry, pay for things I have no idea were wrong. For me where I'm at in life, it's just easier.

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to scrapwriter

MORNING TO YOU ALL!!!

Beautiful day here in the midwest today, will get a hot weekend - not so good!!!

Good to see you all here and chatting. I agree with all of you that I now see you all as close friends and my support in life, my family away from home!!!!! THANKS TO YOU ALL FOR THAT!!!!!!

Time to get some work done here, rather be home scrapping.... got two swaps done yesterday and one challenge left before vacation - hope I can make it!!!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Euroalien

Good morning!

Jo, your words said it all....so very true! I feel very fortunate to be part of this 'family'!

Bren, praying for your healing!!

Beautiful day here....trying to plan what to do tomorrow when dh is off.

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Euroalien

Good morning sweet freinds/sisters. I hope that everyone is starting off this day with a lovely smile. I smiled as I read through all the post. All beautiful ladies that I look forward to seeing, chatting with,sharing encouragement and inpiration. It has to be God's work as we all share prayer as well.
Love you all. Hugs
Have a blessed weekend.

Dawna.s Place
Mayor
Dawna.s Place
In response to Lorna Lee

Good morning Lorna Lee! It's Friday, so don't work too hard today! Your such a busy lady!

Thank you ladies for all the sugar in my gallery this morning! Makes me smile and warms my heart to see you visit!

I'm headed to card class this morning and a hair apt this afternoon. DH is going to babysit contractor's for me today! Except for my PT, I haven't been out of the house for 4 weeks while I've been recuperating. I've been too nervous to drive myself! But I'm starting to feel like myself again, so I'm venturing out today!

May the angels be with you today ladies!

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady
In response to Dawna.s Place

Dawna that is great that you are getting out of the house! The other day my mom actually let my dad go out BY HIMSELF. She let him DRIVE! And ALONE! In October my brother and I held onto my dad as he very slowly made it up the six steps to our apartment using the walker from his second back surgery. We wouldn't even let him get out of bed to go to the bathroom without someone helping him there to make sure he didn't fall. But his mobility has more than increased ten-fold since those horrible days we kept having to call 911 to get him off the floor when my brother and I were too weak from moving to get him up. He goes up and down the steps by himself without holding onto someone's arm, he gets down off the curb into the parking lot by himself, he can buckle the seatbelt by himself...I'm just now realizing how incredibly he is doing! There is no fathoming the amazement. He still deals with awful pain and will always battle his Myelofibrosis (refresher: it's a lot like leukemia except it affects red blood cells instead of white cells. Untreated it will turn to leukemia), but he is even looking for a little job to do in the classifieds and work-from-home job opportunities. And he's even considering going back to college online so he can get a degree in social work. (FYI he could probably afford to get off disability if he were interested in consulting from home for engineering projects and companies as he was a civil engineer for over 25 years, but he feels God is calling him to work with people, and we can't argue with that LOL). I will post a picture in my gallery of me and my dad my mom took this weekend. My aunt's mom (my dad's sister-in-law's mother) has taken a special interest in my dad and praying for him and keeping up with his progress. She asked how he was doing and when I told her she praised God and asked me to post a picture so she could show her Bible study and prayer group how well he's doing.

I haven't gotten my paper for the swap yet, haven't looked for it, but I know I can find it somewhere so I'm going to stay in even it means buying individual sheets.

Ugh I slept on my neck funny last night and I've got a nice crick in it now. No wonder I have a headache! Maybe it's time for the heating pad. Some time away from using my wrists would be good, too. I was in tears yesterday from the carpal tunnel pain in my right wrist

Ok, later friends, and Bon, it is SO great to have you back! We've missed you so much!

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to katiemylady

Good afternoon ladies. Stopping by before going to get my hair done.

Well said Jolene, I feel the exact same way!

Dawna, can't wait to see the Little Black Dress mini!

Thank you so much Bon for offering to get the Graphic45 pps, that is so sweet of you but, I was able to get it online this morning before checking in here from a very dear friend!

Bren, I'm with you re: renting! I've owned and now that it's just me I'm really happy renting. I don't have to do anything to the outside and when something breaks the landlord fixes it...who knew? lol

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-08-12 04:21 PM
In response to maggieanne

Hi Sisters...

Droppin' by for an ice cold Pepsi! Been at my local scrapbook store today...Doing a double page layout for "Crops of Love"!!! Doing another one tomorrow!!! So blessed to be creating for them, and especially for the lil' guy Gabriel who will be receiving this scrapbook!! I feel so blessed to be creating for a lil' guy and his family that are going through what I am! Someone that knows the fight first hand.

I hope that everyone has had a blessed Friday!! Mine sure has been. It's AMAZING to know that my store asked me to come do these pages! I am so honored.

Bren...Feel better sister...I LIVE for your morning motivations and prayer. Know that I pray for you. In fact, I pray for all of you!! I prayed for Yvonne as she traveled, I pray God will send Martica the perfect job where she may share her awesome creativity. I pray that Lorna and I stop have so much "KID" Drama that she and her husband stand in unison no matter the challenge and that they love deeply and completely. I pray for Linny's hands as she needs those hands to create those beautiful works of art. I pray for Dawna as I never know what awesome weekend adventures she may have in the dunes. I pray for Stef...that her family know just how precious and selfless she is! I pray for Jo and her wonderful hubbie to find peace in their hearts after so much loss, and I pray that the pizzeria continues to thrive, because I am coming to enjoy some pizza there one day soon. I pray for Katie and whatever may ail her that day, and I pray for her sobriety. I pray for Maggie that she have beautiful days as beautiful as her spirit, I pray for Joy that she find her way in this world without the man that she loves at her side. And that she find the beauty in life. I pray that Shana find time for herself to be her for her family to notice all the love she puts into them and in turn do the same for her...Let me just say that I pray each day for all of you. I pray for every little thing from the plumbing to the A/C. From the finances to the family frustrations...and I HoPE for everyone a better more peaceful, joyful tomorrow. Because if we have HoPE...we have everything.

I better get...Love y'all so much!

Edited by NaneeTootieBeebleBug on 06-08-12 04:25 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Dawna.s Place
Mayor
Dawna.s Place
In response to NaneeTootieBeebleBug

Bon...Good Lord Darlin, you brought tears of joy to my eyes! God loves you so much and so do we! We pray for you too Bon. We pray that God's mighty healing hand would be upon you, not just because you have cancer, but because your a beautiful person. We also pray that He would guide your Doctors in your care. And, that you will have victory in this ugly battle you are fighting. But, know this Bon, you are not alone for we are with you always dear sister! Love and Hugs to you!

Dawna.s Place
Mayor
Dawna.s Place

Maggie, I can't wait to finish it! By the end of next week or sooner if I'm lucky.

CanadianBella
New Kid On the Block
CanadianBella
In response to Euroalien

phew, found it! I've been looking for this thread all day, Katie sent me a link earlier and it said I didn't have permission to be here (so I logged in, and still said that?)

About the scam Katie was mentioning, the scammer had started putting up picture of brand name items with the caption "Oh I wish I could have this". It made a lot of people uncomfortable, then we realized people were sending her the items she said she wanted but couldn't afford because of medical costs! I'd say they came out of this with over 10,000-15,000$ in cash, and many MANY gifts. She had youtube vlogger Kandee Johnson on her side, until it all went down hill.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to CanadianBella

Bon, your post is so heartfelt and so appreciated.....you are one amazing gal!!! I'm sure everyone here feels the same way....when I see you posting my heart smiles. It tells me you are doing okay.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to CanadianBella

• CanadianBella Said:
phew, found it! I've been looking for this thread all day, Katie sent me a link earlier and it said I didn't have permission to be here (so I logged in, and still said that?)

About the scam Katie was mentioning, the scammer had started putting up picture of brand name items with the caption "Oh I wish I could have this". It made a lot of people uncomfortable, then we realized people were sending her the items she said she wanted but couldn't afford because of medical costs! I'd say they came out of this with over 10,000-15,000$ in cash, and many MANY gifts. She had youtube vlogger Kandee Johnson on her side, until it all went down hill.

If you go to the end of thread on your right it will say add to favorite topic click on that and you will always have it under your favorite topics in your profile page.

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Martica

Evening sisters. Boniboots, to see you here again today makes my heart sing.
Well ladies here is the scoop, the girls did not show up the other day but the oldest text her dad tonight and ask if her and her sister could come by tomorrow and talk. He called her and said yes but after my tupperware party. Hope people show for that. Anyway, we talked some about it after. I told him that I still want baby steps first. Please pray for this situation, my sisters. I love my hubby and we are doing too good to go backward.
Enough of that mess, God will be helping, I have faith.
BTW, Dawna I had to read your post about the little black dress mini several times before I snapped mini album duh. Though you were playing dress up for your hubby.

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Lorna Lee

Typing on my phone is really difficult. Trouble adding smily guys.
Anybody talk to Deb since she started that long trips with the fur babies? Extra prayers for her.
Have wonderful sweet dreams my sisters. You are in my prayers.
Hey dont remember seeing Glenda today.

Dawna.s Place
Mayor
Dawna.s Place
In response to Lorna Lee

It's me, has anyone heard from Joy? Haven't seen her around either. Glenda posted to my gallery yesterday, but I didn't notice her in the cafe today. Prayers going out for your and hubbys situation Lorna. It's so not easy trying to raise teenagers in the first place. If you and hubby stick together, you'll be fine.

Edited by Dawna.s Place on 06-09-12 03:03 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady

Good luck on your Tupperware party Lorna, those are so much fun, just getting together with other girls and talking about anything and everything. And I think you are amazing for taking such great charge of your marriage. It does sound like you have come a long way, a lot of people would have just given up, but you are super woman! I know I'm not married but I always hoard marriage advice and stuff for when I am, and you're teaching me quite a bit about dealing with tough times. You and your DH will be so much stronger once you get through this situation with the girls, so that is something to look forward to!

I hope Deb is doing ok, moving is so stressful. I am so excited for her, though, being back in Cincinnati and finally getting that house sold!

Have a good Saturday, ladies!

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to katiemylady

Bon what a beautiful tribute to prayer and the women on here whom you show through your words the love you have and hopefully they show you as well. I don't understand exactly what you're going through; not because I don't want to but simply there is nothing that can let us understand except the personal experience. There are days when I'm so disheartened over some minor detail and you come her joyful and full of God's grace and I think to myself 'I want to be more like her'. Yes I'm sure there are days that you struggle and I want you to know even if I don't know the struggle, I'm still on my knees lifting you in prayer. That God wraps those big ole arms of His around you and lets you feel His love with a gentle breeze, a soft trill of a birds song or the opening of a flower. I will continue to lift you up until the day you are free from the struggles that illness have brought you. Thank you for your faithful service to our Lord through prayer and petition.

Lorna are you taking tupperware orders from a distance as well? I need some of the little dressing containers I use (I know they aren't really called that) and would be happy to order them through you so you have the credit. The best thing you can do for your marriage, your spouse and your step children is exactly what you are doing. Praying for the right words and actions and because you are taking it to God, He will give you the answers you need to be at peace with your family.

Katie, I too am concerned about Deb and just keep telling myself that she's travelling at night as she said it was easier on her and the pups and that she will check in as soon as she can. I know if it goes too much time, one of us will be ringing her phone off the hook to ensure she's ok.

Oh my, how much I always have to say to each and every one of you then I get sidetracked (oh look pretty kitty).

Have a wonderful day my dear friends.

My doctor is adamant that I need some rest. My dad bought me a ticket to Arizona and I will be going there on the 20th for some dry air for my lungs and some much needed rest. I had a lot of debt cards I called in as I cover a lot for others since I'm the only one without family and those interruptions here. So thankfully I will have a wonderful glorious terrific 5 days off, four spend in AZ. Just the thought that I will be in the care of my parents, with the proper rest and the medications doc gave and it already sends a smidgen of peace through me. They keep threatening me (the docs and family) to force bed rest on me (ok ok I admit I am a bit stubborn) but I've finally felt rotten enough to take them up on the offer.

Yes, I am still looking for jobs closer to my kids and I know it will be a good year or two before I can get something solid and by then I will be in a position to make a substantial cut in pay and/or have updated my certifications to command the pay I currently receive. I've been blessed and spoiled but I know that God does not want me to continue to sell my health to the company that would let me go in a minute if they thought they could.

Enjoy my dear friends and be blessed today tomorrow and the morrows to come. xoxo

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics