Page 2 of 492 
Username Post: Brats Corner Latte Shop        (Topic#1568161)
joydee1963
Mayor
joydee1963
In response to midnitescrapper

Hey,Thanks for invite.Just having a donut and some coffee sitting at my laptop.Did the store tonite for our Christmas dinner suppies,Store was crazy.One more day of work left. Joydee1963

Martica
Queen
Martica

We are having cuban food at my mom's house, pork, black beans and yuca and more,
We too are broke Vicky so most of my gifts are handmade...

Edited by Martica on 12-22-11 08:38 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty
In response to Martica

I love Yuca especially with the perfect amount of Garlic. Hello Laides I could not get here with the link but I found you all. How is everyone doing? I hope everyone Christmas is hopeful! I know mine will be.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to crafty lefty

Hi sweety how are you? Are you ready for xmas?

featherrs
Governor
featherrs
In response to Martica

Peeking in the door....hello ladies. Just a sittin here with my berry tea, much rather have a peppermint mocha but would be up all night!! How is everyone? Just putting the finishing touches on Christmas preparations!!! All this work for an hour of pleasure!!!! I am so glad dgd is older and she believes now and is so excited!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to featherrs

No decorations up here this year. No gifts going out either but that's not so bad. We'll celebrate it for what it is...the birth of Christ. So we'll have a nice dinner with good company.

What's everyone else's plans.

Good to see people are stopping by. Hopefully we'll have more tomorrow when everyone wakes up and are ready for their morning coffee.

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady
In response to DKravec

Ah Deb I'm so happy you started this, I've wanted to keep up with everyone! Another no-gift Christmas for us, too, though I might get a little scrappy money after all. My family is nice enough to give us gifts even though we can't afford to get them anything.

Things are kinda insane around our place. My mom learned a few months ago that her job would be gone this past Friday since the company shut down. But she got a bonus for staying until the end. She has an appointment with an accounting temp agency in the morning to look at options, so that's a good sign.

My mom has been discouraging my brother from finding work for awhile since he takes my dad to all his doctor's appointments and doesn't get frustrated with him easily like I do. I can get cranky.

My anxiety and depression problems make keeping a job very difficult, but the health network I am going to in January for therapy/counseling has a kind of "vocational therapy" where they help those of us with disabilities find jobs we can handle and that are better suited for us. Really hoping they can help me find something.

I can't wait to get back on my thyroid medicine. I get my hormone tested on Tuesday and should have the result by my appointment with my doctor the next day. I stopped taking it in July (without doc's consent...I know, stupid) and I've been ok up until the last month. I JUST realized last week why I've been having such problems with my health, especially my energy: hypothyroidism again. Good news is it's cheaply, easily treated with no side effects.

I just left school again. I haven't been able to stick with a major, I keep thinking I should be doing something else. I'm still praying about it but I am almost positive I'm going back to the creative field. Either web design or photography...not entirely sure which one yet.

And finally, my dad has been through a lot. Right as we were moving he kept falling. My brother and I could usually get him up but we had to call the fire department 4 times because we couldn't lift him. He had been getting fevers and nobody knew why, so his hematologist scheduled him to be admitted to the hospital Nov. 2nd for extensive testing. He ended up on a ton of steroids and because of it now has to do insulin injections in addition to his oral medication for type 2 diabetes. But he went straight from the hospital to a rehab facility really close to our apartment. He was gone nearly 3 weeks getting physical therapy. He is doing so much better physically. He gets therapy here at home 3 times a week and is getting stronger. To give you an idea of how atrophied his muscles got, he's currently doing arm curls with 2-pound weights. He'll be up to 4 or 5 soon.

Then today his infectious disease doctor informed him that he has a staph infection. She said, "You should be dead right now. This kills people usually within 24-48 hours." My mom said that really upset him, and it pisses me off that the doc said it like that. WONDERFUL bedside manner. But he's had no symptoms so it's insane. He goes every day for 6 weeks for antibiotic infusions starting yesterday.

And finally, after New Year's, he's having all his teeth pulled. All the steroids he's been on for so many years have destroyed his teeth so he's getting dentures. He won't have the tooth pain anymore and he will be able to eat much better.

Whew. Did I cover everything? LOL.

So good to see you all again!

Stormydog
Diva
Stormydog

Hey girls, I could use a cup-o-joe! Love the coffee shop Deb!

Cricut OCD
Governor
Cricut OCD

Hi Deb! Thanks so much for sending me an invite to your new coffee clutch! I headed to my Sister's today so I'm without my lifeline...i.e. computer! Here until Monday and then back to reality. Time for me to try and find a job. After reading the comments on here it's not sounding to promising. Good think I've stock piled lots of scrapping materials, it'll give me something to do when I'm leaving under the bridge~!

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one disappointed with the X-Factor. I figured she was going to win but was hoping for the other.

Hi to all of you that I don't know!

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks life kind of sucks right now. Guess things could always be worse but lately if you wait a little bit they do get worse! I'm about sick of it!

OK, enough of my complaining! I won't be on for the next few days but when I get home I'll check in with all of you! Keep the coffee hot for me, I'll need it by then!

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady
In response to Cricut OCD

Oh dear Cricut you hit the nail on the head: "Guess things could always be worse but lately if you wait a little bit they do get worse!" My family's been living a nightmare the last 4 years and people always tell me "just remember it could be worse!" and I feel like screaming, "But it ALWAYS gets worse! Wait 2 weeks and say that to me again!"

I hate that so many of us feel like that, but it is nice to know someone understands!

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady
In response to katiemylady

And if you don't know me as well as a lot of the ladies here, I DO talk a lot

I just have to say I have GOT to handle my Etsy money better! I mean I sell on there right now for spending money, but I spend the money wayyyy too fast lol. Within 24 hours the profit is spent haha. HL had ribbon 50% off yesterday and since I stopped scrapping last year I haven't been getting any ribbon or trim. I am horribly low on it so I picked up a few rolls. On my way to the back I noticed all the pretty decorative stuff in the front that's often 50% off, and I spotted a black metal dress form! I have been dying for a dress form for some reason. So for $5 I just had to get it.

Then on my way home from my psych appointment I stopped at Goodwill. I found the cutest shirt by accident last week and I wanted to see if I could find anything else. I got two jackets (one denim) and a pink 3/4 length sleeve shirt. It has lace on it too! I spent less than $10...I can't believe I haven't been scouring Goodwill for clothes! I'm always there for something else and didn't realize I'd find so many clothes that are like new but cost next to nothing. Now I'm looking back at the $12 shirts I find at Meijer and Walmart all the time thinking it's savvy spending and realizing how much better I could be doing!

And while watching a YouTube video the lady linked to an Etsy store she got trims from so I checked it out. I had more in my PayPal account than I thought so I got 8 yards of beautiful trims for $16. Yummy! Not bad considering shipping and how much some of them cost at the store (especially for the satin, pleated, and wider trims).

Ok I'm done blabbering (for now). I'm gonna go hang lace on my new dress form

joydee1963
Mayor
joydee1963

Martica Cuban food sounds good I lived in Tampa,Fl for 19 years I miss cuban food!

Edited by joydee1963 on 12-23-11 02:42 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kahlan
Kahlan 
Queen
Kahlan
In response to joydee1963

Good morning!! I have missed all of you!! Hugs to all of those who need them!!

I have been having trouble with my RA. I was on Humira and it was causing my lupus to flare. So they took me off that and put me on steroids. Then they scheduled me for an infusion. Apparently Rituxan, a chemo drug, works on RA. So I had one on the 15th of this month. I don't get sick, just very tired. I take naps now. I have had some very painful days. Still waiting on this drug to stop the pain, but I do have another infusion on the 29th. So maybe it's just going to take time. ON a good note, I am getting my mojo back. It went on a very long and extended vacation! Anyway, glad to get back in touch with everyone!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-23-11 03:15 AM

Morning all

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-23-11 03:38 AM

today is my last day of school (I'm a 2nd grade teacher) before Winter Break...The kiddos will be off the wall today, but a fun filled, magical day is in store for them, right down to a school-wide sing-a-long at the end of the day.
Have a great day all

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT

Good morning, ladies, I hope you all don't mind if I drop I to the coffee shop daily, I have a lot to talk about, some funny and some real funny :D.

Christmas decorations outside none inside. 8\
Call us weird.

Biscuits going in the oven for a very filling but unhealthy breakfast. Yum!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-23-11 07:31 AM
In response to SoonerT

Hi T!! I can vouch for her funny and real funny things to share

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to Huskymom

Thanks, Deb!

I also am a teacher, I have those very loveable and totally misunderstood 7th and 8th graders for geography and history. I love them. One of the funnies I like to tell....

Student: Ms. ********, when will we have a 'current' history due?

Ms. ********: Whaaaaaat?

Student: When will we have a 'current' history article that we have to turn in.

A little back-story here...

In geography, we do current events on the country or region we are learning about and since I have all my students for 2 years, this particular student was carrying over an assignment from geography to history the next year.

Ms. ********: So and so, there is no such thing as 'current' history.

Student: Yes there is, Ms. ********, we used to do them last year.

By this time, all the kids are looking at this student with the same look on their faces as I had on mine and we were all trying to keep from laughing. Needless to say, it took a little 'splainin' to help the student understand that there was not 'current' history.

Canadiancandy
Mayor
Canadiancandy
In response to SoonerT

Hi Ladies,
Thanks so much for the invite Deb. I've missed everyone and the threads that develop while a swap was in the works. Always enjoyed reading and learning things about all my new online friends! Hopefully I will spend some more time here and share in the great conversations and the cheek hurting laughs that would happen from reading about someone's crazy day, or funny happenings. Always loved that about the forums.

I hope EVERYONE has a wonderful christmas its great to be here. (pulls up a chair) I think I'll stick around as you all are a great bunch of wonderful ladies!

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
Sherry

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Canadiancandy

Good morning friends....well its the eve of xmas eve.
Hubby is home and I am sitting here drinking my Cuban capuchino
which is milk and cuban coffee, no whipped cream mmmmm yummy.....

Well cricut I look forward to some laughs this coming year so feel free to share some. Linny my buddy here too has stories she shares and we enjoy.

I too lost my job 2 years ago and I am still looking. Hope 2012 takes a turn for the bettering everyone's life. Well enough of that...

Let me share something with you. Guess what I gave myself for Xmas ........ guess go ahead. I had a gold charm bracelet for about 20 years with about 30 charms. Never wore it because was afraid that I would lose it, so I had it put away. I decided to go to jewelry and selling it which I did . Wow got much more money then I expected. Anyone guess what I got........Apple Macbook Pro Yay!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 492 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics