Username Post: Brats Corner Latte Shop        (Topic#1568161)
Scrap Smart
Mayor
Scrap Smart
In response to Lorna Lee

• Lorna Lee Said:
My package did not come yesterday. I am hoping that today or tomorrow. After hearing all you ladies rav, I am really excited. I am going to start stalking that mail carrier. My shipped on the 25th so not sure what the ship time it to here.
You didn't take pics, Susie?

I bet it will be waiting for you at home. I did not take pics. I think mine shipped about the same time, so got my fingers crossed for you!

Joy C
Joy C 
Idol
Joy C
  • Joy C on 06-29-12 02:45 PM
In response to Scrap Smart

No plumber today either - tey are waiting on the insurance. Kinda glad since off today & got to sleep in. Yes my floor in bath & bedroom are dug up. I am just glad insurance is paying something since they already agreed & now we know that there is a void from the ground setteling under slab in bedroom.

I did have plumbing in other br & kitchen, but did not know it.

Wow Yvonne is traveling the whole state!
Katie, pray

Bon so happy to see you posting.
Everyone else have a wonderful day

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Joy C

Hi ladies glad you all were able to enjoy the site .....
Wow I am in such a mood to meet my scrappy friends..... But I just started working so I can't take of on vacation quit yet...... ;(

Joy C
Joy C 
Idol
Joy C
  • Joy C on 06-29-12 06:35 PM
In response to Martica

Just be thankful for that job. I would love to meet some of ya'll. Maybe it will happen some day. No vacation time ever for me. We work hard all summer & then the school year starts & we really can't take a vacation then. Of course I used all my days with my DH's hospitalizations.

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady
In response to Joy C

I saw a picture on Facebook that said, "Nowhere in the Bible does it say, 'Figure it out.' But it says over and over, 'Trust God.'" We know God always provides, it's just never easy dealing with the stress of figuring out where to put what money we do have. It's like as soon as my mom buys groceries I run out of an expensive medication and we can't get it. Stuff like that. Right now I'm having to borrow my main antidepressant from my dad. His is extended release (mine is standard release since it's cheaper) and I hate taking it because I can't sleep when I'm on it, but it's better than being without it!

But I am so blessed to have you ladies looking out for me here. I applied for a temporary position at Half Price Books even though she doesn't want me to work right now. She knows I need more therapy to help me deal with the anxiety. But I wanted to show her I am willing to help and will stop asking for as much as I do.

I am going to my upline's Stampin' Up party tomorrow morning. I need to do some more studying so I can get all my questions answered after the party. Off to the SU training site!

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to katiemylady

Katie I'm proud of you for at least applying. And I'm with the others, you need to start going to that therapy and get past this momentary point of anxiety. Good job!

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to scrapwriter

ladies I am looking for a tiny rooster to use for a project I want to start, about 2 inches in size anyone have any idea where I can buy one....?

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to Martica

Martica did I miss the link for the weight loss challenge?

I did a quick search for roosters and couldn't find one for you

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia

I have to say thank you to you all for your suport and wonderful words you leave in my gallery. If it was not for Martica and her challenges and all the encouragement from the rest of you I would not of completed nor gone out on a limb to apply for DCWV DT. I should hear something in the next 2 weeks and I will post here as soon as I can. You sweet women will be the first to know after me . I can't wait to be able to post in my gallery my DT entries. I made a desk set using some of the challenges that Martica has had for us. The set included an altered journal, cigar box made into a stationary box and a address container made completely out of cardstock. Plus made 15 different Thank You cards for inside the stationary box and found a matching pen at Michael's LOL

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to Drayia

I was speaking with a friend last night and he was telling me of all the things he thought he needed to do in order to get to heaven. He said if he did things for others so that he could get to heaven it took away his joy of having given in the first place.

Now I realize that many on here love God but may have different views on this subject of getting to heaven, and whatever you feel take it to God but this is what He has taught me (so far).

YOU CANNOT GET TO HEAVEN THROUGH ANY WORK/ACTION/CHARITY you do on this earth. That's right, you can be the most giving person in the world live under every rule given and respect every human and this will not get you to heaven. We are all human therefore we all make mistakes (sin). So then how can we get to heaven?

Through God's GRACE he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believes in Him shall have everlasting life. Yes, that is it. Sounds too simple doesn't it? There's gotta be more...No, it really is that simple. God has, through His word said that we all fall short of the glory of God. ALL! Thank you God for that grace!

When you are out today and want to make a criticism or judgment against another human being remember that they are offered the same grace we are. By judging their behavior we are sinning just as much as they are. This is not to say to just accept wrongdoing but offer correction in love and remember that before the day ends you will be needing correction on something yourself whether someone points it out or not.

Now that we are given that grace, we are free to do for others for the simple joy of doing. What a relief for someone likes me who has never been good at doing something to get something.

If you decide to do something for someone today, enjoy it for the simple joy it gives you.

May you all be blessed today!

References today:
John 3:16

Romans 3:23
For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard.

Matthew 7:2
For you will be treated as you treat others. The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged.

Dawna.s Place
Diva
Dawna.s Place

Good morning ladies,

What an event full day yesterday was and I had plenty to catch up on this morning too. Hubby had an attack of some sorts, the drs. are calling it heat exhaustion. He lost all the color in his face and started having difficulty breathing. I had to call 911 and have the paramedics take him to the hospital. Very scary moment for us. He recovered just fine after a few hours of rest, but wowzer it's tough to see a loved on suffer. Makes you feel very helpless to stand by and watch. The Dr.s ran all the tests for stroke and heart disease and he's in good shape. Just needs a few days of rest and he'll be fine. Thank God!

Well on a happy note it's a gorgeous morning in so cal and since I've returned to my pain meds, my sleeping problem seems to have resolved. I slept to 6 am again this morning. Yeah! So happy to be getting back to my old self. Enjoying my morning java and the lovely birds singing.

I'm having a brain fart this morning as I had several comments to make and they just flew out the window. I'll be back later...have an awesome day ladies!

BTW, where is Norma???

auntieant
Expert
auntieant
In response to Dawna.s Place

Hello Ladies..

Been so busy concentrating on my school work I haven't been on here a lot.. I had a lot of pages to catch up on..

Bren and Yvonne I am so happy to see that you two got together.. Lovely picture of you two wonderful ladies..

Dawna I know that was a scary moment for you. I am glad to hear that hubby is doing just fine.

Joy sorry that you are not having a good experience with the plumbers but I know that you enjoyed the peace and quiet since they didn't come to work..

Linny I can only imagine how you feel about a new gf coming into your sons' life. I'm a mother but my kids aren't that old to give me that type of concern yet. Well my daughter is 15 and she is into 'boys' a LOT.. But nothing serious which I am happy for. I just want her to concentrate more on her studies and do great in school. Not to be falling behind some boy..

Well ladies yesterday we had a wonderful fun time yesterday. Me and hubby took the kids to our outlet mall called Grapevine Mills Mall and did school shopping for them. We are all finished with it!!! We might get them a little more stuff but the bulk of it is done. It was nice to get out the house and spend time with just MY family. My son's little friend went with us, but it was still nice. I didn't have to deal with my sil's 3 kids and that was good.. My husband surprised me with taking me to get the new Iphone 4s and also got me a new Coach purse.. I feel so girly girly again. When did becoming a wife and mother mean that's all you have to be?? I sometimes don't feel like a "woman" because I am doing so much for everyone. Do you ladies feel that way? Well next week I will have a school break and I am hoping to do some things for ME and do my school work. Practice Practice Practice is my new motto!!! I have to get this, and the only way I can do it is to PRACTICE!!!

Well we are on our way to my fil's side of the family, family reunion. We will be in Centerville TX. It is surely the country side of life.. LOL but I love it soooo much. They are so down home and so loveable. I have emptied my camera and will be taking pictures like I always do. I just hope this time I will do something with the pictures.. I still have pictures from 2 other reunions that I haven't done anything with.. LOL

Well I hope all you wonderful ladies have a wonderful and blessed weekend..

Bon praying for continue healing, Martica praying that your job situation continues to go well for you, Lorna praying for your cousin, Katie dear praying for your finacial woes and healing, like the other ladies said you have to give your mom just a little breathing room. She's just a little overwhelmed right now, but remember she love's you more than life itself. I know that's how I am with my kids want so much for them, but I can only do so much. If I do everything for them that will hinder them in the long run. Just take baby steps to do more and you will be just fine and your mom won't feel so overwhelmed..

Love all you AWESOME ladies!!!

Sorry for the book... LOL

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to auntieant

Dawna I am so thankful your dear hubby is ok. You are so right that watching a loved one suffer is terrible. We can only watch and are powerless to the outcome. Praying he will not have a repeat and get to get back to his self. Speaking of self, yippee skippy you are doing well and sleeping well again. What a fantastic blessing. Blessed that we live in an age where we don't have to deal with pain of that nature.

Steph - So glad you were able to have a family day and relax and get spoiled. Sometimes those breaks give us the strength we need to continue on.

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee

I am at a bbq place waiting on Yvonne and her hubby. I am so excited to get to meet them. I have several post to go back and read. Martica, check toy area at Ms

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady

Just stopping by to say I got accepted into the craft show in November that I applied to!!!! YAY!!!

I went this morning to a stamp club with my recruiting demonstrator who let me go for free and make one card of each design. I learned some more about the products and being a demonstrator. Working with the product I am more hooked than ever! I also got my mom to agree to go with me to one of them to help her relieve some stress and prove to her that she DOES have a creative bone in her body I made three cards and then my upline, Peg, was kind enough to start the fourth card for me, my wrists were starting to bother me. So now I'm making a wishlist of new items I'd like to order and highlighting the product I'd need for a workshop/class.

I am just so excited about BOTH opportunities -- the craft fair AND Stampin' Up! So if you find anything you like on their site (*wink wink*), be sure to order through my page at www.stampitupwithkatie.stampinup.net

Dawna.s Place
Diva
Dawna.s Place
In response to katiemylady

Good Afternoon ladies,

Katie...you should put your stampin up site in your signature too. That way we are always reminded that your a demonstrator.

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Dawna.s Place

I got my Webster package today.
A great suprise purchase By Lorna Lee

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Lorna Lee

More exciting than the Webster package was the great lunch I got to have with Yvonne and her hubby. They are so wonderful. Yvonne has that beautiful swedish accent and gorgeous blue eyes. Her hubby seems like the perfect one for her. We met at a bar-b-q place for lunch. Since Yvonne said she wanted bbq while in Texas. Here is the photo from my camera.

Scrappy Friend Meeting By Lorna Lee

Note the darker hair color, for my DH.

Edited by Lorna Lee on 06-30-12 03:56 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Lorna Lee

So awesome seeing two more crafters being able to meet.

Katie, most states will have a discount card that will bring your meds down to 1/2 off. Check with your social security office. They should be able to help you.

How's everyone else doing. Still in the 100's here. When will it ever stop.

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to DKravec

Hey Deb. Yes I am only 5'2". I don't know that I would call it petite. Vertically challenged.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics