Username Post: Brats Corner Latte Shop        (Topic#1568161)
pinkalicious
Guru
pinkalicious
In response to Linnny

Hi Girls,
MAGGIE, you look wonderful!!!

LORNA, way to go, girlfriend! Enjoy!

LINNY, I don't think I can handle a bigger nose! It's an Italian thing, I think??????

I have been out all day long. It was a beautiful, 79 degree day and that sunshine was perfect and felt WONDERFUL!! Took my husband out to lunch and shopped for homecoming clothes, already, for my son.

Hope all is well with everyone else. Going to get some well deserved sleep.

Hugs............

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to pinkalicious

Good morning everyone! Getting ready for my Tues. crop with local friends.

The tributes to 9/11 have me in tears. It's just heartbreaking thinking of all the senseless loss from that day! I have a friend whose birthday is today and the day has forever changed for her.

Will check in tonight when I get home. Linny, as you probably know, I was joking about fixing my nose...I could never stand the pain of it healing! lol

Jo, I'm so glad you were able to have a nice day with all that is going on with your new venture!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to maggieanne

Good morning!!!!

It's a brisk day here!!!!! Woke up and my nose was cold!!!!!

Maggie, glad you were joking, sometimes I'm a little slow

Jo, I hear ya on the Italian thing....yeah, between the nose growing longer and the mustache getting darker, in a year or two I'm gonna look like that partial face mask...the eyeglasses with the big nose and mustache attached to it!!!!!!

OK....going to grab a shower early dr appointment.

May this day bring many blessings for all of us!

Joy C
Joy C 
Idol
Joy C
  • Joy C on 09-11-12 05:56 AM

Lorna have fun, you deserve it.

Thanks for all the comments on my floors. The little swan couch is doll size, I do have a Chaise that goes with my living room set.

Every once in a while I catch Oscar asleep on the little couch.

Maggie, love your new avi

GOt the foyer painted after work last night, have to do trim today after work. Then Bathrooms and I will be done!

Edited by Joy C on 09-11-12 05:57 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Dawna.s Place
Diva
Dawna.s Place
In response to Joy C

Good morning ladies,

Linny...Seriously??? A bigger nose and ears??? Boy that's a visual I don't look forward to! lol Good luck at the Dr.'s today. I hope you get some encouraging news!

Lorna...Enjoy your much deserved break!

Stephanie...So glad to hear that your excelling at your studies! Way to go girl!

Maggie...You look Marvelous!!!

Joy...Love the new floors and I'm sure the fresh paint will brighten up the house and make things feel fresh and new.

Not much on the agenda today, just my typical Tuesday workout. Then it's laundry and some scrap time in my room today. My new sewing machine arrived and boy they sure don't built them like they used to! I'm so disappointed in the quality cuz everything is plastic! After much discussion with hubby, I'm going to set it up today and take it for a test drive then I'll decide if I'm going to keep it or not. My first impression was so poor that I just wanted to repack it and return it right away. Hubby has convinced me that there is no harm in trying it out first to see if it meets my needs. Then, if I don't like the way it performs, I can return it. Makes sense, so I'm going to give it a try.

What's on everyone else's agenda today?

Scrap Smart
Mayor
Scrap Smart
In response to Dawna.s Place

FYI--my LSS has songbird & nutcracker (Christmas graphic 45)in stock. So you know what that means.........

Dawna.s Place
Diva
Dawna.s Place
In response to Scrap Smart

Hi Susie,

Can't wait to get my hands on the Nutcracker Sweet! I've got a huge Dusty Attic Frame that is calling its name! It will be fun to do!

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter

Hello dear ladies!

I'm like Dawna in that I stay away when I start getting down in the dumps because I just don't feel like I can be the support you all need at times. I get so miserable about things and yet have so much I should be focusing on the gratefulness. Anyhow...

Maggie you are such a beautiful woman I can't imagine why you would have insecurities but I know we all do. Yes the da** nose gets bigger as we get older and I so want a different nose. Hey, maybe I need to start looking into that for my next surgery. I can only hope I look that good at 60.

Dawna what a blessing to be able to spend so much time with all your kiddo's. It's one of my biggest hearts desires anymore. They are so very independent that they can only handle me in small doses. I guess I taught them how to stand on their own a little too well. Would love to see pics of them sometime. Thanks for keeping reminding me about the working out. I've finally started picking that up again and looking to increase it now.

Stefanie keep focused on your schoolwork and you'll be passing those speeds in no time. You have no need to keep up with anyone else but yourself and I just know in my heart your goals will be achieved in no time.

Jolena whatever nose you have you are a gorgeous woman. And full of a spirit I admire!

Joy wahoo the floors are down and they look wonderful. I'm so glad that you decided to go through with all the upgrades. You know your man just wants to see you happy and he's celebrating with you.

Linny and Heather - I can only hope that God will provide you both relief from the physical pain and give you internal peace until you get there.

Susie so glad to see you on here and have to agree with you view about the DH and can only thank the Lord I know longer scrap or you would be a major enabler.

Lorna I can only say this, it could be quite possible that God arranged for you to go on that cruise sans spouse to get some relief and joy in the vacation. The momentary happiness of him going could have been quickly overrun by a negative mood. Enjoy your holiday for what you need it to be to refresh your spirit and soul and worry about all those other 'things' when you step off the boat. Hugs...

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to scrapwriter

Hi everyone, just got back from my crop. didn't get much scrapping done, we all had to much to catch up on! lol

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne

I can't wait to get those new graphic 45 pps also! Both sets!

Bren, it's good to see you here...we're all here for each other!

Linny, I hope you get results from this new dr. appt!

Well, it's time to make something for dinner. I absolutely hate cooking for 1 but I do have to eat. Will catch you all later.

Martica
Queen
Martica

Hello lovely ladies.

Scrap Smart
Mayor
Scrap Smart
In response to Martica

Off work early, so went to see the "new stuff" at the LSS. I did not buy everything, just a "sampler" until I see what I need for the swap. I think I will make an advent calendar for my granddaughter with the nutcracker. It is very bold & vibrant colors--so have to think on it a bit. The bird song, I got the 8 x 8 pack & picked my 4 favorites of the 12 x 12 (& of course the stickers & chipboard pieces). I also traded a Ladies Diary piece she had been covetting of mine for a whole slew of envelopes I can use for my next wedding invitation project. WIN/WIN is all I can say!

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to Scrap Smart

Good evening all!
Stopping by to see what's up.

Lorna sorry to hear about your man, but maybe this is for the best and you can have a blast and think about what you will do next.

Maggie like your pix, looking good!

Packing, going to WI on Thursday for our anniversary trip swinging by Chicago on the way home on Sunday.

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to Euroalien

Hi ladies. Wow, so much going on around here. I just can't seem to keep up these days . . .

Maggie, love your new avi. You don't look anywhere near 59 my dear!!!

Lorna, I'm so sorry your husband has let you down in such a big way, but I'm thrilled that you still went on the cruise. I wish you an absolutely marvelous time filled with laughs and beautiful memories! I agree with Maggie -- I'm sure he's kicking himself in the butt for not going!

Yvonne, enjoy your anniversary weekend getaway. We're going away for our anniversary this weekend, too -- 21 years!!

Dawna, enjoy your RV trip! My younger daughter used to dream about living in an RV when she was younger. She used to point them out whenever we were on the road. She used to call them "house cars". LOL

Linny, how did your dr. appointment go? I hope you got some relief from your pain!

Steph, sorry to hear about your inlaws' situation. Divorce can certainly bring out the absolute worst in people!

Okay, I have to get back on the hamster wheel -- that's exactly what my life feels like these days! I keep going and going and going and feel like I'm not getting anywhere at all! Have a good night ladies!

Edited by provinca on 09-11-12 05:45 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to provinca

Good morning ladies waiting on the G45 paper in order to think on what my next swap will be..... If any of you have an idea please share PM it to me please.

Dawna.s Place
Diva
Dawna.s Place
In response to Martica

Good Morning Friends,

Java is brewing and I'm done with the morning paper and puzzle. Its overcast this morning, but not very cool so its going to be muggy here today. Just wish it would pour down rain when it is this humid.

So what's on the agenda today ladies??? I had planned to go on a field trip today, but really need to focus on clearing the deck around here.

Martica...I love your new quote! One of my fav's.

Bren...I pray that your dreams to be closer with your family come true some day soon. It's hard to be apart from them. Keep your eyes peeled on the job front and the rest will follow. You may want to consider a head hunter in the area you want to relocate to. That could prove to be invaluable for the kind of position you hold. Do you have a target company you'd like to work for?
Subscribing to the local newspaper to the area you want to relocate into will also be useful to check out local properties and see who's hiring in the area. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you my friend. Don't let the company you work for continue to 'cement' you in place. Start to do things that point in the direction of relocation and I'm confident God will start opening up those doors for you. I am always amazed what happens once I make up my mind about something. The universe always opens up and starts lending me hand to get to where I want to go. It will do the same for you too my friend! Nothing like a good workout to clear your mind and refocus your energy! You go girl...

Anna...That is too cute, a house car! She's right about that! I consider my RV 'the million dollar view!' No matter where we roam, I love the view!

Linny...Any new word from yesterdays Dr. appointment? I hope he's able to do something positive for you. I know some pain relief would be welcomed!

Yvonne...You are so adventitious! Sounds like you and hubby just get in the car and roll. Ever think about getting into an RV? They make for wonderful road trips and great vacations!

Sorry for the long post. Have a great day ladies! Blessings to all...

DKravec
Angel
DKravec

Morning all. It's a gorgeous day here today. Sun is shining and it's in the low 80's with low humidity. If I had screens in my windows, I'd open them and let the sounds of the day come thru. Been waiting for three months now for landlady to bring those over.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Good morning...

Beautiful day here.

ENT dr appt yesterday....he believes the pain I'm getting in my ear is part of the PHN (shingles) pain I deal with on the left side of my head. Didn't feel it necessary to do any kind of scan. Since it was a 'new' pain I thought it might have been from the fall since that's the side of my head that hit the sidewalk when I fell.

Seems all I ever talk about is dr's, ailments, pains and sadness......sorry. I stopped crafting....have no desire and when the desire isn't there, it's not worth the pain. Even cancelled my order for the Bird Song collection. The vendor was nice about refunding.

Tough patch right now....

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to Linnny

Anna have a great time on your getaway too, where are you going??? Happy 21st Anniversary yo you!!!

Dawna yes my DH and I take alot of roadtrips just for fun and to see new landscapes and places. We have so much on those trips. A RV is not for me, when I grew up my parents had campers so I have done all that and is not my cup of tea.

Linny I hope you will be in less pain later on....

Deb you better get on that landlord, open window season is hear - time to air out!!!

Martica if you are thinking about the the Bird Song paper line G45, what about alter bird houses??? Just an idea....

Take care....

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to Euroalien

Hi ladies. Another gorgeous day with the sun shining and a cool breeze in the shade.

Linny, I can understand your needing to take a break from scrapping, I pray each night that your pain is taken away. It doesn't matter if the pain is physical or emotional...pain is pain! I just hope you don't stay away from crafting too long because you have such a gift and your work is so incredibly beautiful! I can't tell you how many compliments I've received when someone comes over and looks at the calendar you made me! A look of pure awe comes over their face and then the adjectives (all wonderful! lol) start pouring out!

Even though we've never met I wish I could be there to give you a huge hug and tell you that I truly love you! You've made me laugh so many time Linny on days when I felt like there was nothing to laugh about! Some day, hopefully in the spring I'll come to N.Y. and we'll meet for coffee you and I! This is a promise I make to you right here, right now!

hugs,
Maggie

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics