Username Post: Brats Corner Latte Shop        (Topic#1568161)
Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to auntieant

Good morning beautiful ladies.

I continue to pray for each of you and your families.

Maggie, I am sorry to hear that your mom is in that hospital again.

Extra prayer for better care for Camillie and Maggie's mom.

Shana, I always think that I am not going to have enough food and end up with way too much. Happy Thanksgiving.
Thou it is not Thanksgiving here, I am thankful for each of you in my life.

Big hugs

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to Lorna Lee

Good Friday morning! Praying for each and every one of you whether there are troubles or triumphs. God will keep us lifted up and praising the progress.

May all of you find some hope and peace in the day.

Bren

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to scrapwriter

oh I want lots of leftovers Lorna, I plan on making potpies with them!

Dawna.s Place
Diva
Dawna.s Place

Good Morning Ladies,

Oh my goodness a fireplace Deb! This place totally rocks! No java for me this morning as hubby is going to cart me down to the lab in a while. Finely going to get my blood work done! To groggy to remember what I wanted to say to everyone, so I'll just wish you all a wonderful Friday. BBL...

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Dawna.s Place

Good morning!

Shana, dh and I have spent a couple of Thanksgiving's in your beautiful country. Your menu sounds deelish and leftovers are the best! Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

Dawna, wishing you good lab results.

DH is working 1/2 day so we can spend more time at the hospital. Praying today is a better day for Camille.

Maggie, prayers for your mom.

Thinking of all my 'sisters'

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to Linnny

Question for you ladies, Just came across something on one of my FB friends about flags so I answered her questions and gave a mini lesson on flag ettiquette. Besides myself, were any of you taught flag ettiquette or is this something that has been taken out of the school systems too? Never questioned it before as I taught my own kids about flag ettiquette.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Linnny

Morning all. Beautiful day to cut the grass. Now if I can just get somebody to pick up some gas for my lawn mower for me. I've been really dizzy this morning so I'm afraid to do any driving right now. Sure wish my son lived closer.

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to DKravec

Drayia - They do NOT teach flag etiquette in our schools any longer but both my girls did Jr ROTC where they were taught respect of our country's emblems. It's a shame as today children are not taught manners, etiquette or respect of any kind and we have some unruly kids out there.

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia

• scrapwriter Said:
Drayia - They do NOT teach flag etiquette in our schools any longer but both my girls did Jr ROTC where they were taught respect of our country's emblems. It's a shame as today children are not taught manners, etiquette or respect of any kind and we have some unruly kids out there.

I am thinking this is a fault of parents, schools and society. I have been out of school for 20+ years and remember my Mom upset with the downward slide then of our education system and society. Things are just so much worst now and you are right Bren we are seeing it this generation of young adults, teens and children. "We"need to all wake up and work on things before it is beyond saving.

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to Drayia

Hello all!
Stopping in to see what is going on....
I have been MIA and on bed rest since last Friday night. First my back goes out while shopping at Joann's and then I get the flu and my back go out on me again because of intense movements during flu time.
I was going to scrap last weekend and all the evenings my DH is in Canada but no my scraproom is on 2nd floor and no stairs for me yet... hope soon!!!!

Hope you all are doing good/OK today...

This week has been crazy with my sickness and then the garagedoor decide to break and look my son's car in the garage - got prof help same day, puh!
Today after we turned on the heat last night our brand new heat pump is not working right, a leakage in the air condition unit - really! Got porf help for that too today...
My new car has problem keeping sir in the tires, my son found out today... I THINK MY DH BETTER STAY HOME FROM NOW ON INSTEAD OF RUNNING OFF ON HIS HUNTING TRIPS... ;0)
my son is a keeper taking care of his mother + my dear in-laws doing all they can too....

Have a great weekend everyone!

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Euroalien

Yvonne, sounds like you have really been having bad luck with your hubby gone. Sounds like he needs to come home so that you can rest and get better.

Shana, When they took God out of the schools they did not leave much behind.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Lorna Lee

Hi ladies how is everyone tonight?

Edited by Martica on 10-05-12 04:26 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to maggieanne

• maggieanne Said:
Voted Martica! Are you doing an Oct. one?

Are you asking about The Heritage Challenge Maggie? I have done it for a year and decided to take a break till next year....

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to Martica

Drayia I agree!

Yvonne, I'm so sad to hear you've been struggling with your back. I know how painful that can be and the fact that it messed up the quiet time planned is a big bummer. I'm praying for a quick recovery and that before you know it you'll be feeling better than new.

Martica so good to see you! Love ya -

Lorna you are so right - and that breaks my heart at times.

Well it's a blustery night here in Dallas and looks like we might get some rain. My windchimes are blowing and making a beautiful sound and I'm enjoying a hot cup of cocoa (for real ) and then heading off to bed since I work Sat - Tue this week.

Good night my friends.

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to auntieant

Hi ladies. I'm home for the night. They found a tumor on my mom's bladder but that's not what's causing the severe pain. They're still trying to figure it out. Taking it day by day and see what happens. I'll try and be on here and there but I'm also dog sitting at my son's starting tomorrow for a week while the family's at Disney so not sure how much computer time I'll have between that and going back and forth to hospital.
Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers! I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend! Hugs!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 10-05-12 10:45 PM

Hii My Precious Sisters...

I hear we have a fireplace all warm and toasty to sit by?? I brought a new book to read and I'm going to have some hot cocoa now...I think I'll stay here until I get sleepy. I think I'll have Boo bring in a couple of super comfy chairs for us to sit in beside the fireplace on his next day off...how's that sound??

It seems I miss so much when I am away from the computer.

Maggie...I will be praying for your Momma and asking the Lord to put Docs in her path that have answers to her health issues...and soon. You are so wonderful...a true gift to your Momma to continue to be with her during her time of need.

Stef...I hate to be the one to shake you sugar...but you need to get your *** in gear girlfriend!!! There will be NO quitting...no giving up!!! You wanted to do this or you never would have gotten into it in the first place. This is the devil given your these misguided ideas sister. You can pass those speed tests...You can do ANYTHING you set your mind to girl. Please don't give up!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Shana...I hope that you enjoy a wonderful celebration with your family and friends. Sounds yummy! I love Thanksgiving and all that that implies. I want you to know that on this Thanksgiving I am thankful that you came into my life. I love you Girl. Oh and p.s. About the flag that I love so much...How do we expect our children to learn flag etiquette when the President of our country doesn't even put his hand over his heart when the Pledge Of Allegiance is recited?!?! We must NEVER blame the children for the ignorance of adults. We cannot expect our children to have any etiquette at all if we don't teach them. I was just commended the other day because my grandson says "yes ma'am" to me...really??...He better say that...it's expected of him. As is "please" and "thank you" We need to all remember that our children are a reflection of us. May they be the best reflection.

Linny...You know what it is with the nurses these days?? They get their nursing degrees and licenses with far less time and education put in!!! Hell...half of them earn their degree online...imagine that. I remember putting in 3500 of clinical time in each rotation when I was in nursing school. Stay on top of those ninnies and make certain that a member of your family is always there with Camille until she is coherent enough!! Pfff that really pisses me off.

Okay...so now that I got all fired up over the children of our country and the current nursing situation...I have forgotten about what else I wanted to share or say...go figure!

Then I think of Bren...and how she always brings me back to a place of kindness and gentleness towards life...I tend to get all fired up about what I believe in and then I forget that we are all only human. It's wonderful now that when I go off on my little rants I can now close my eyes and see that beautiful face that reminds me to be a kinder gentler person. Bren...Have I told you lately just how much you mean to me?? Thank you for that beautiful face...and for the understanding that I can be strong in my convictions and still come from a place of love.

Well there's a warm fire, a good book, and a cozy blankie calling my name...I hope that you are all resting peacefully and that tomorrow brings you time to find the small simple pleasures in life!!

I love y'all

pinkalicious
Guru
pinkalicious

Hi Ladies,
Just passing through. Maggie, I'm sorry to hear your mom is back in the hospital.

Linny, I've been praying everyday for Camille's recovery and for your family for strength.
So, I have to share this.
I have a delivery driver, Brian, who does not speak well, he cannot pronounce his r's. He doesn't have a lot of friends and has very low self esteem because of his speech. This guy is my right hand man. He is a hard worker and works 3 jobs. I physically have to grab him and sit him in a chair so he will sit 5 minutes. He was wired up from drinking Mountain Dew none stop. We got him to drink water and he has calmed down and can only drink one MDew and only when he eats.

Last week his uncle and friends were just sitting on the porch and were approached by 3 teenagers and held up at gunpoint. His uncle was shot in the face. He survived but lost his eye. The friend was shot dead. It made local news. They lived in a bad part of Peoria, IL. No one should live there. Fortunately, they caught all of them. Would you believe they were 18, 15, and 14 year olds!!!!!!!
Two days later, he finds out his father only has 2-3 months to live. Cancer. He has been really struggling with this, because him, his wife and son live with his parents. Last night he came in and told me he needed to be with his dad and to find someone else to work. I told him I completely understood, and agreed with him. Tonight he came into the pizzeria in tears, wanting to kill himself, broke his Iphone4, because of a family fight. He cried like a baby. We calmed him down, made him eat and kept him with us for awhile. All of the sudden he just starts washing dishes. I let him, because I knew he needed to think. My waitress kept wanting to do them, and I just kept motioning her to leave him alone. I was joking with him saying that he just couldn't stay away from us. It worked, he calmed himself down. He has been going through so much and has been so exhausted I actually sent him home when he came to work last week because I could tell he was emotionally drained. He put me in tears when he said he had no where else to go and came to us. A place where he has security and friends. I knew if he left he may have really hurt himself. Nice to know he feels loved by us.

Deb, thanks for allowing us in your lovely cafe, where friends can find security here, too. I must say, "Dibs on the recliner next to the beautiful fireplace!" Sorry girls, I called it!

Shana, Happy Thanksgiving! Even if I get invited out, I always cook because I love the smells of cooking and baking, but I love the leftovers most of all!

Yvonne, hope you're feeling better. Tonight, I went to lift some dough and pulled my lower back. Not fun. I have to laugh because every time my DH would leave, I would have a broken water pipe. I had to call my plumber 3 days in a row. He himself couldn't believe everything that was breaking. Let's keep our DH close to home! LOL! If you get to Morton, come see us in Eureka. I will be moving locations this Sunday and Monday. So let me know. Would love to see you again!

Anna, Happy Belated BD to your DH. Bon, Happy Belated BD to your Joe, too!

Dawna, Lorna, Bren, I so appreciate all the prayers I read and embrace the peace that follows. Thanks.

Dawna, how is your MIL?

Katie, send me your new addy. I hope you get to feeling better. Hope the move went well and you'll love your new home.

Heather, how are you feeling? Elizabeth, how are you doing?

Martica, hope all is well with you.
Susie, always good to see you. Hope all is well with you.

I won't go into much about Scrooge, but I am moving this weekend, my choice, because I need to move on, but I gave myself until the 16th, just in case. I have to go back to court on the 18th for my losses and guess what, he is suing me! The funny thing is, his first lawyer dropped him and at the last moment before entering the courtroom, another lawyer presented himself. One of his claims states that "at the advice of his lawyer, he locked my doors" REALLY? It's still an "ILLEGAL LOCKOUT THAT WAS SELF-HELPED" and I don't care who the hell told him! I was never given a written notice of eviction.
When I went to file my charges, the judge came in and asked what was going on. I told him I'd been locked out of my business. He asked if he gave an order for it. My attorney said, "No judge, it was self-helped" The judge shook his head and told us to "Go ahead and file those charges" It kind of helps that my children and his son played soccer together when they were younger and he kind of knows me because I have been in his courtroom with my tenant issues, but, don't tell that to Scrooge! or my attorney from Eureka.

I know I am probably missing someone, but I am always thinking of all of you. Glad I was just passing through and decided to stay awhile.

elizabeth97
Veteran
elizabeth97
In response to pinkalicious

Hello ladies.

I'm here after a very busy week of work. It was a good week. I was feeling a bit down on Thursday but I am better today. I needed the weekend to get here.

Maggie, I am so sorry about your mom. *hugs* May she heal soon. I will send good thoughts and prayers her way!

Linny, good thoughts and prayers go to Camille too.

Deb, I hope you are no longer dizzy. That would be awful. My mom has arthritis in her neck and gets dizzy all the time.

Yvonne, may you get well soon with your back and illness.

I know I didn't reply to everyone and I apologize. You are all in my thoughts though. Love to all.

Edited by elizabeth97 on 10-06-12 04:33 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady
In response to auntieant

Hey girls! I'm not all caught up but I've been thinking about you guys a lot while my Internet wasn't hooked up. I just read Linny's post about Camille's nurse, what an airhead! That is such a critical unit, you can't afford to make mistakes like reading the wrong patient's chart there. I know we're human but double checking the chart with the patient's wrist band only takes a few seconds!

Elizabeth stay strong hun, sounds like you've got the right attitude and that is the hardest part about pretty much any problem! You'll kick these latest troubles right out of the park

Our move was an adventure. We were SO blessed to have my uncles pay for the move AND do a ton of hard work moving our stuff. I started to get sick the day before and was worse on Saturday last week when we started so I wasn't much help. By the end of the night I was on oxycontin/percocet for my stomach pain. We had to stop an hour away from here and stay overnight at my grandparents' so we could all rest and start fresh on Sunday. I was zero help then, I felt terrible not being able to do anything but my stomach just hurt so flippin' bad!

I don't like taking the oxycontin but it's the only pain med we have that stands a chance on helping my stomach. I don't have access to it directly, I have to get it through my parents and at most I go through 1 a day. I try a half first and that usually helps. Having been addicted to Vicodin the oxycontin worries me, but this pain is just too bad to deal with without something stronger than over the counter painkillers. I would go to the doctor but we're flat broke now. The visit would be just for pain management purposes anyway, can't afford all the tests they'd do without insurance.

For those of you not following my exploits on Facebook, I sprained my right ankle for the 5th time since I was 17 (I'm 25) on the stairs the other day. It's swollen and hurts mildly, nothing terrible, but it's keeping me from working on the basement so I can get my craft area set up and get to work on many thank you cards for family!

Happy world card making day everyone!

Scrap Smart
Mayor
Scrap Smart
In response to katiemylady

Morning All! Glad to see everyone's smiling faces & such a comfort to have a place to "take the load off"! When my dad had hip surgery in May, he was absolutely NOT to put any weight on that leg because his femur was so brittle, the Dr felt like it would fracture with even the slightest of pressure. PT/nursing staff comes in & tells his to stand up on it. Luckily my mom & sister were there & said STOP! Staff had not read dr's orders & were just doing s.o.p.!

Stef--don't let this get the best of you, girl! You can do it!!

JoLena--I am so proud to call you friend!! You make my heart swell & my eyes tear up--what a wonderfull kind hearted, strong back-boned, smart business woman you are!! Love you girl!!

Bon, sweetie, you make my day whenever I see those beautiful boots! I sure hope we can meet IRL someday soon! I'm trying to make it happen!

Prayers & good wishes to everyone (not to leave anyone out--because you're in there, even if I don't mention your name!) DH is trying to buy me a car today. We have a little Mazda with 275,000 miles on it, that he is currently driving to work, because he drives the farthest & it gets 35 mpg. Which leaves me with his pretty black truck. Honestly, I think he really hates me driving it--lol! I hope we succeed! BBL!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics