Username Post: Brats Corner Latte Shop        (Topic#1568161)
Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to katiemylady

Good morning!

Bon, please thank your Boo for the comfy chairs! Enjoying my morning java!!!

Spent the whole day with Camille and watched her progressively not know me, or anyone else and then just sleep. Finally got my BIL to call the neurologist to let him know the internal drain is failing and not to wait till Monday to reassess her. He said he would check on her last night before he went home. Upon checking her out he got her back in the OR at 10 pm and rather than put in the programmable drain, chose to place the external drain again till she built up her strength. Didn't want to put her under anesthesia again. So, hopefully, when I see her later today, she will again recognize everyone and be able to talk. Just another bump in the road....He has gotten us though!

Katie, I heard about your ankle at FB, but what is going on with your stomach??? What is causing such terrible pain?

Jo, what a sad story about Brian. Glad he has you and your family!!!!

Beautiful day here....a bit warm. Wishing all my beautiful sisters a day filled with many blessings!!!!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Linnny

The sun is up and shining and as soon as it dries out the grass from the evening rain I'm going to cut it. I've been putting it off for days now.

Katie, glad you made it safely. Be sure to send out your new address.

I brought in a few new books to add to the shelf for reading. Hope everyone is having a good day.

Dawna.s Place
Mayor
Dawna.s Place
In response to DKravec

Good morning sweet friends,

Busy day! Spent all day yesterday running around picking up resistance training and weight training equipment. I've only had bands up to now. Now I've got a full range of dumb bells, hex weights, a moveable incline bench and a jungle gym is on it's way! We're all good to go now! Put hubby through the paces this morning before his walk. Looks like I'll be training on Sat, Mon for hubby and Tues and Thursday for my DD3. Woot Woot, loving life and feeling good today! So happy to help my family get healthy and strong!

Got my test results back this morning and my thyroid is WAY out of whack! That explains why I've had such a difficult time losing weight! So glad I found this out! With a medication adjustment, hopefully now those extra pounds are going to come right off!

Linny...How scary to watch Camile lose her recognition! So glad you were there to bring it to her Dr's attention. She remains in my prayers for a full recovery.

Jo...Thanks so much for asking about my MIL Wanda. She's still in rehab and it will be about two more weeks before she'll be able to go home. She's making progress and can now walk with assistance and her speech as improved vastly. Continued prayers for her recovery would surely be welcomed. On a different note, so glad you've chosen to move on with the pizzeria. I'll be praying that the new place comes together for you soon!

Got to run for a few...bbl

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady
In response to Dawna.s Place

Linny my sister suspects it's my gall bladder that is causing the pain. She told me to get a HIDA scan since even if I don't have gall stones my gall bladder could still be malfunctioning by not releasing enough bile salts. That doesn't show up on an ultrasound, guess that's why gall bladder problems take so long to detect sometimes.

My pain is triggered by food. I can't eat things that are hard on your stomach at all. Last night I forgot my Hershey bar had almonds in it and boy was I in pain! And that's only like 8 almonds! Meat is also harder on my stomach. If I don't eat my stomach is usually just fine.

I want to go to a hospital where they have to treat me regardless of payment ability instead of waiting for insurance but my mom doesn't want me racking up more bills for myself. I'll talk to her again today about it.

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne

Hi everyone. Linny, so sorry to hear about Camille...she's always in my prayers!
Jolena, you're such a good person! I'm so glad he has you and your family to lean on. What awful things to go through!

I'm at my son's for the week dog sitting "Brady." Poor guy is on the back of the couch laying there waiting for the family to come home. he has no idea it will be a week before he sees them again. The weather has turned really warm again, almost 80 but there's a cool breeze now and they said maybe rain later. I think I'll take Brady for a walk before that happens. It will tire him out and hopefully he won't be too upset without the kids here.

Will check in when I can. I still have to visit my mother among other things this week. they still haven't found the source of the pain so I have no idea how long she'll be in there.

Everyone have a great weekend. Sorry if I didn't mention you all by name but you all know how much I care about you and you're all in my thoughts!

Scrap Smart
Mayor
Scrap Smart
In response to maggieanne

Dawna--that shadow box is AMAZING! left ya' some sugar, sweetie--TFS!

Yeah!!! I have new wheels--at least new to me! Now I want to hop in it & go somewhere. Hmmm, I'm sure I need to go get some goodies. Problem is, I can never just get one thing, dispite my best intentions--lol!

auntieant
Expert
auntieant
In response to Scrap Smart

Hello Ladies...

Thanks Bon for the Kick in the rear.. I am trying so hard get my mojo back for school. But it's coming. You and Susie gave me added pep talk that I really need. I haven't even told my hubby that I am feeling this way. But I know that this is for me.. I just need to concentrate and just let things flow like they should. I have listened to higher speed tapes to get me ready for the speed I am actually in. I just need to practice more and I will be ok. Just have to take it day by day. Thank you ladies for your prayers.

Praying for all of us through our good times bad times sickness problems and etc.. God is in control and HE is worthy to be praised.. I have a song of praise in my heart and I know that HE watches over us and continues to bless us everyday.

Love you ladies have a wonderful day!!!

hvn101
hvn101 
Diva
hvn101
In response to midnitescrapper

I am praying for everyone. I have surgery and I am getting a bit scared. I have surgery Tuesday.

Dawna.s Place
Mayor
Dawna.s Place
In response to hvn101

Good Morning Ladies,

Come on in and have a sit next to the cozy morning fire. Java is on and it's going to be a marvelous day!

Katie...You may want to follow a bland diet plan till you can get the medical treatment you need. My hubby suffered from ulcers when he was young and a bland diet was the only thing that helped him heal and feel better. Your stomach issues could very well be linked to your anxiety and all the stress and excitement of the relocation. Worry shows up in so many negative ways in our health that watching what you eat will really help you avoid the pain darlin. Why don't you give it a try and see if it helps? Couldn't hurt!

Maggie...Poor Brady! Little guy has no idea how looooong a week is! lol Good luck dog sitting this week.

Susie...Thank you for the gallery sugar for my Nutcracker Sweet Shadow Box Suzie! My mojo has taken a long vacation on me so it felt good to create something special again. Did you post pic's of your new wheels? How exciting, what did you get?

Stefanie...So good to see you check in sweetness! You've worked to hard for your court reporting position to start second guessing yourself. You've got the right idea about relaxing into the right speed with practice! So DON'T GIVE UP on yourself!!!! You've so got this!!!!

Heather...Do you mind me asking what kind of surgery your having? Will you have any friends or family at your side or will you have to do this solo? I once had to have to go through a very scary solo surgery affecting my eye sight when I was in my twenties. I was at UCLA Medical Center and low and behold I had a room mate! Not only was I happy to have someone to talk to and share with, but she had some company visit her and you'll never guess who was kind enough to write me a get well note while I was out of the room in surgery. John Travolta of all people! Just goes to show you that you NEVER KNOW what a new day brings us! So try to keep yourself calm and positive. We'll all be right here praying for you sweetie!

I've got our usual Sunday dinner planned today with the kids. Looking forward to spending time with them today. Have a wonderful Sunday ladies...morning blessings to all!

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady

Dawna I think it could be an ulcer. I haven't had any pain since Friday night as I behaved and ate fairly blandly and didn't eat too much. I have cut out caffeine from my diet as well. I've had ulcers before but they all felt much different than this, they were sharp pains under my ribcage where this has been dull but very intense pain right in my stomach. I already take Nexium for acid reflux so I think you're right about the bland diet my mom has been telling me to follow.

Hopefully it's in the healing stage and I can stop taking the oxycontin. Advil hurt my stomach terribly the other day so that's off the list of meds to take for my ankle. The only choice I had yesterday was to take half of the Percocet for the ankle pain since it kills any pain it would cause in my stomach and it has tylenol in it for the ankle swelling.

I overdid it yesterday. Should have listened to my mom LOL. It's SO hard to stay off your feet when your craft space isn't set up and is begging you to get it together! But we made good progress on my space and today hopefully I'll have things laid out downstairs. That may be too ambitious but I have hopes!

But praise God I woke up today, and I woke up to ZERO swelling in my ankle. I've got the compression wrap on it now. It'll probably swell when I get up to work on the basement again but I have a swap that's due on the 25th and I haven't even started it! I will NOT be late on this swap so the crafty space has to be done soon

Dawna.s Place
Mayor
Dawna.s Place

Good Morning Katie! I'm feeling like the way you describe it, ulcers seem more likely than gall bladder. Stick with the bland diet this week and see if the pain starts to subside. And don't overdo it in the basement today! Keep that ankle propped up on a chair while you work so you can keep the swelling under control. A little ice pack would help with that too. Take good care of yourself today sweetie!

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter

Good Sunday morning my dear friends!

Praying for all of you - even those who seem to have a good balance at the moment. It's when we are doing well that we forget to be grateful and I don't want to get complacent.

As I was looking back on the last year of my life, I started out with all the 'bad' things that had occurred and I don't know what prompted it (probably my sweet God) put a halt on that and I said "wait a minute!" There have been such wonderful things this year and I really need to see them.

I was able to see my grandmother one last time before she passed away and I wasn't expecting to get that opportunity. I got to enjoy a weekend at the beach with my girls, a week in Chicago with my girlfriends and various occasions with a wonderful friend who is no longer "the man" but a wonderful human being that just doesn't realize it yet. I got to see my parents three times in one year which hasn't happened in a decade, got a bonus at work, met new people in the local area (first time in 5 years...yes yes I'm a bit slow) and have been protected in job, home, food and am currently claiming complete healing on health.

I'm so dog gone lucky (blessed) I can hardly stand it when I really look back and see.

May you see the blessings in your life today and praise the one that has brought you through every mud hole to the meadow of peace.

That the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. Galatians 3: 14(NKJV)

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Good morning!

Wowzer, weather has changed here.....it's in the 40's and raining. Had to put on socks and a sweater (over my jammies)....might stay in my jammies all day. Slept till 11 am today. I think lack of sleep this week caught up with me....woke up feeling rested!

Heather, they moved your surgery date up! I thought it was scheduled for the 16th. Please know you have been in my prayers and I will continue to pray for you, and I ask God to guide the surgeons' hands to get you painfree!!

Katie, I agree, sounds like ulcer pain! Just be careful with the pain meds as they could help with the pain, but mask the problem with your stomach.

Maggie how's mom doing? I know how difficult it is to see her ailing. Praying for strength.

Dawna, family Sunday dinner sounds so wonderful!!! Enjoy your day! What's for dinner. And so happy to hear your blood tests are giving you info on why with all your efforts, you're not losing! That can be so frustrating!

Stefanie, so happy to hear you decided to continue with your studies!!!! You can do this!!!

Spent time with Camille yesterday....after thelast surgery she has been hooked up to more machines. She didn't recognize anyone yesterday...praying the swelling in her brain will go down and she will continue on her road to recovery. It's breaking my heart. I'm also worried about my BIL. I see the toll it's taking on him....I worry about the drive he takes everyday from his home to the hospital. He is about 72 I think, but because he is so active and intelligent, one forgets that he is up in years.

Bren, I'm trying to be as positive as you are, and I'm looking back on the last year, but I'm having a really difficult time. It's been the worse year for so many reasons....perhaps at some point.....

Prayers for my sisters.

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to Linnny

Linny, I hope and pray that Camille will improve soon! I can't imagine what your bil is going through as well as you and Rose.

My mom is doing better, thanks for asking. As far as I know she'll be going home tomorrow. They couldn't find the source of the pain and it seems that it's past for now as all the tests came back negative but it might have been a blessing in disguise because they did find the tumor on her bladder and now that can be addressed soon. If it wasn't for the ct-scan they wouldn't have known it had grown in size in just a couple of months.

I'm hoping to say in today also. I'm at my son's with Brady, the granddog and he's so sad and listless not knowing why the family isn't here! he slept at the end of the bed with me all night but he's not eating yet so I'll keep an eye on him. He does follow me from room to room when I get up but other than that he just lays on the back of the couch looking out the window. I know the week will fly by for the kids but it's going to be a long week for Brady! sigh

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne

Bren, I'm so glad you were able to focus on the good rather than the bad. It's so easy to do that. I find myself in that situation now and then.

Dawna, have a wonderful Sunday with your family!

Katie, I don't like to say too much but you're so vocal about taking medications I just feel the need to say something as your posts have really worried me. you mentioned that you were taking oxycontin but only a half at a time. That is the worst thing you can do! I had a friend who I lost to breast cancer who had to take it and it specifically says NOT to break them up as they are time released. doing that can be very dangerous! I'm not judging, what you do is your own business but when I read your posts like that I care about you and I do worry about you! Please take care!

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady

Maggie I had no clue about that, I just told my mom not to give me any more like that. Thank you!

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne

You're welcome Katie. I hope you didn't think i was over stepping, I had a feeling you may not have known about it.

I hope you get your scraproom squared away soon so we can start seeing some of your beautiful creations soon!

provinca
Mayor
provinca

Hi ladies.

I've been reading all your posts but just haven't posted myself. Don't quite know why -- just feeling kind of funky I guess...

Gloomy day today. The temps dropped here too Linny. Cold, raw rain as well. They are calling for our first frost this week so I had to tend to all my plants and my garden yesterday and bring lots of stuff indoors. I'm not particularly fond of that . . . drives home the reality that summer is over!

Katie, I sure hope your pain subsides. Be careful with those meds . . . How great about your scrap room. Can't wait to see pictures of it.

Linny, prayers to Camille and her husband. I hope she has a good week.

Maggie, enjoy your time with Brady! I'm glad to hear your mom is going home tomorrow. And you're right . . . a blessing in disguise that she had stomache pain!

Heather, saying prayers for your successful surgery. I, too, thought it was on the 16th. Did they change the date?

Stefanie, hang in there with your court reporting. It'll be so worth it in the long run.

Jo, I'm so glad that your employee (Brian, was it?) had you and our family to turn to. God bless you for helping him when he was so upset. That's an awful lot for one person to go through is such a short amount of time! Good luck with the move of your pizzeria. I bet scrooge is kicking himself in the behind now! Not only does he not have the high rent he tried to screw you into, but he has NO rent and hopefully a judgement against him!

Dawna, enjoy your day with your family! Sounds like lots of fun!

Bon, love seeing your bright boots when I sign on!!! I hope you are doing well honey!

Okay, back to my football Sunday. HOping my fantasy team starts scoring me some points. I'm 4 - 0 for the season, and I don't want to start losing now!

I put some paper on a cigar box for a project I'm doing for an elderly home (Operation Handmade in the swap forum) and don't feel like doing the other one. Maybe tomorrow.

auntieant
Expert
auntieant
In response to provinca

Hello wonderful Ladies..

The temp here in Fort Worth is about 50+, I went to church wanting a message and I got a good message from the visting minister. It's so fitting with what Bren said about being happy about the things that we have seen and gotten in our life instead of looking at the bad that has happened.

The minister said that GOD will stand in the furnance with us and we will burn but we will NOT die because of the furnance. That we must stand while burning so that God can give us a promotion. When we are suffering through the pain and adversitites that come our way we must just stand.. I have been seening this post on FB a couple of times and it's so right. It says "When God closes one door, Praise HIM in the hallway until another door opens".. We all must stand and continue to praise HIM for all that he is ABLE to do. Not just what HE can do, will doing or is doing, but what HE is ABLE to do..

Linny I pray for healing and strength for your BIL and Camille. I thank all you ladies for the pep talk and I know I CAN do this. That I must stand against the devil and his antics to make me think that I can't do this. GOD brought me to this and HE will see me through it.

I pray for all of us for strength and guidence. I love you all but I know that GOD loves us more.. Have a wonderful and blessed Sunday..

hvn101
hvn101 
Diva
hvn101
In response to midnitescrapper

OK so I have left my depression and self esteem get the better of me lately. I fell out of my chair at work. I rolled that chair back and forth for four years and one day it got caught on the mat. It stopped I did not. (no one saw) I am in PT (physical therapy)its more like boot camp I burn. My therapist saws its pain leaving the body. after week one no results but burning quads. I have 3 visits next week then surgery. Yes I, I was off a week I work 7 days a week and they all run together.

My 13 yr old daughter lives with my ex. she has chosen not to speak or see me in over. My ex promised me he would make sure I saw her before my surgery. So far he is just ignoring me. I knew he was lying but one can hope. She did not call or even send a card for me bday. I sent her a gift and card, no ty.

My surgery is disk replacement c4-5 and c6-7 and widening my spinal canal due to stenosis. It will take 4 hours. I have no family other than my daughter and ex husband near me. My step sister is freaking she cant afford to see me. I have a new friend who will take me to the surgery and bring me home. She is an employee and cant afford to take time offf. I have enough time for almost 2 weeks so i am hoping for donations to help with the other half. Landlord saws if I pay half she will waive the late fee. lol

Ok done whining

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics