Username Post: Brats Corner Latte Shop        (Topic#1568161)
elizabeth_C
Veteran
elizabeth_C
In response to Euroalien

Hello ladies.

Linny, will keep Camille in my thoughts and prayers. Hope she rebounds soon, hon.

Yvonne, thinking about you and your back, too, sweetie. Hoping you heal quickly.

Katie, how are you doing? I've been thinking about you? How is your stomach?

My back has been bothering me so I went to see my nurse practitioner yesterday. She set me up with pain pills, muscle relaxers and I am going to physical therapy too. It has just been aching so badly, my lower back.

Mentally, I have been doing pretty good. Meds are working well. I have been feeling pretty strong, thanks to my Dr's help. I am very happy. I have gone back to church and praying a lot. I would not be where I am without God's help.

Hugs to all.

Edited by elizabeth97 on 10-09-12 12:27 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to elizabeth_C

Thanks Linny for the update on Camille. I'm so sorry she is going through this but I too believe that she'll be okay once again! Faith is a powerful thing!

Elizabeth, glad to hear you're doing so well on your meds and hope your back pain goes away soon as well as Yvonne's! I think it's that time of year when the weather starts changing and I know my disc problem gets worse in the colder weather.

Since I screwed up my son's tv and can't watch it I'm going to do some scrapping. I think I might try making a few cards and a layout or two. I won't be able to post anything until next week when I get my camera back. I let the kids take it to Disney since it's a small digi and Alan has one of those big bulky and heavy Cannon thingys.

Will check in later and see how everyone is doing.

Anna, how are you doing with this cold and wet weather we're having?

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady
In response to maggieanne

I've been up for 33 hours, so I'm not doing so hot. My stomach has been good, though, I think the slow pace of things around here has really helped what I *think* is an ulcer to heal up. I don't know why I can't sleep, though now that I think about it I haven't slept much since my trip to Milwaukee. I've been taking my Klonopin in full dose (I'm allowed to take just half of what I currently take if I feel it works) so there's no excuse for that to be the culprit.

I just took some sleepy meds with my Klonopin and am starting to feel a little happy/euphoric so it must be working LOL. The sleeping pill works very well with the Klonopin as far as mood goes, too bad I can't take it all day to feel like this all the time haha

I have a BIG prayer request. I am happy to say it is NOT health related, but it's the next worst thing...money. I have received at least 3 summons to court for student loans. Since my mom has been out of steady work for almost a year we haven't been able to make all the payments or any arrangements. These attorneys will be appeased if I and/or my mom could find a job. We don't want any charity from family anymore, we just want jobs, and I'm applying for everything with no bites. I know it's all in God's timing but dang waiting on the clock is hard! I pray the Lord delivers us from these financial burdens soon. We haven't been stable since 2007 and it's gotten so tiring and old. We just don't want to worry about what's for dinner anymore and to pay our bills. We don't need luxuries, we learned that long ago. We just want to get by on our own.

Lord, I lift every one of these precious souls up to you. Whatever their burdens, may you ease them. Give us each a peek at that light at the end of the tunnel and remind us to look at YOUR light when we feel down. In your heavenly name I pray, AMEN!

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to katiemylady

Well good evening everyone.

My prayers are with Camille, Linny, Yvonne, Heather, Katie, and Brady.

Tomorrow I go in for more medical tests. Please pray with me for VICTORY and full good health.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 10-09-12 11:05 PM
In response to scrapwriter

Hii Sisters...

I spent the most most wonderful day full of tiny blessings with my daughter. We had Chinese for lunch...we went and got dye for my hair to hide the grey...and we shopped for pretty polish. We ran out of time to go to Michael's but there will be another day for that. I am not writing to brag about my day out. I am writing to share the joy in my heart that my daughter has brought back into my life. It's AMAZING how just one person can give another so much joy and HoPE...she gives that to me. This is the text that she sent when I thanked her for treating me to the most wonderful special day ever..."I'm so glad you enjoyed our day as much as I did!!! I love you & you're worth feeling special" How much better can my life get?!?!?

Enough of that though...there are so many medical issues being discussed lately!!

Prayers going out to each of you and your loved ones for positive test results, healing were there is illness or injury and God given knowledge to the Dr.'s that are treating each of you!!

I'll leave you with this...as all of this makes me so sad to read and gives me anxiety to know and I want to concentrate on God's many blessings not the devil's earthly evils.

This is meant for all of you...

My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever.~Psalm 73:26~

Hold this scripture close to your heart tomorrow Bren and know that when we have HoPE we have EVERYTHING.

I love you all more than you know!

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to NaneeTootieBeebleBug

Thank you Bon and remember that's not bragging about your day - it's sharing your JOY with us and we need that. If I thought you were bragging that would mean I was holding jealousy and envy and in fact I wish for beautiful days like that for ALL my friends and to share it with me is to share the blessing.

Alright I'm off to get poked and prodded and CLAIM VICTORY!

Love to all!

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee

Thank you Katie for the prayer.

Bon, I am so happy that you have your daughter back in your life to bring that joy that you so deserve. Thank you for warming our hearts with that story of your day. Thank you also for that scripture to remind us. God is forever in my heart!
Praise and honor to our Lord for giving us His Holy Spirit to fill us everyday that we let Him in.

Bren, I have lefted you up in pray to our Father for good results.

To all of you beautiful women here in this warm cozy gathering place. May our Lord's peace be with you today.

Dawna.s Place
Mayor
Dawna.s Place

Good Morning Ladies,

It's cool this morning (finely) and I'm enjoying my morning java. Headed to my Wednesday crop today with Amelia. What's on everyone else's agenda today?

Bren...Your in my thoughts and prayers for good test results this week!
Linny...Camile remains in my prayers also.
Katie...You and Your family's financial situation remains in my prayers sweetie. It's my prayer that God will open doors for all of you soon.
Maggie...I'd love to see the happy reunion come Saturday when Brady finely gets to see his family! Whenever we go away for weekends my cat gets upset at us for days. She's a maincoon and is a very vocal talker. But, she gets upset and clams up for days after we leave her! It's so funny, she just won't talk to me! Also, seems to me that you got a group of scrappy friends that you hang out with during the week too. I've got a Wednesday crop that I go today and I'm looking forward to visiting friends today myself.
Anna...How are you doing sweetie??? You've been very quiet these days. Is everything alright?
Heather...For some reason I was thinking your surgery was yesterday! Oops! From everyone's posts I can see that it's still a week away. I'm so glad your medications are working well for you now. Church is a wonderful place to fellowship and I hope God places a few new friends around you also! You remain in my prayers for a full recovery from your back surgery on the 16th.
Yvonne...How are you feeling today sweetness? I really don't know how you ladies with back troubles do it! Are you still home or are you back to work? How's your China painting class going?
Lorna...Don't work too hard today!!!
Bon...So happy that you and your daughter have been reunited. It does our heart good to hear the joy in your voice as you write about it.

For the rest of you wonderful ladies that I didn't mention, please have a marvelous day! That's it from my neck of the woods this morning sweet friends. Make it a happy day!

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to Dawna.s Place

Good morning ladies!

Bren, sending loads of prayers and good energy your way that your tests will bear good results.

Bon, your day with your daughter sounds just delightful! I'm so happy for you! And thank you for that beautiful Psalm.

Dawna, enjoy your crop today! Pretty soon you'll be the personal trainer! I'll be right over for my first workout!

Katie, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck with the job searches. A new home and a new beginning . . . it'll be a positive one!

Yvonne, glad you're getting better!!

Elizabeth, I hope your back feels better soon!

Lorna, your "strange" project made my day yesterday! I peeked at it while I was at work and had a hard time keeping my laughter quiet!

Linny, continued prayers for Camille.

Maggie, this weather is just the pits! I'm so tired of the gloom and it's been so raw as well. How's it going with Brady? He'll be one happy puppy when he sees his family on Saturday. You gotta wonder what he's thinking though!

Martica, how are you? Good thoughts for Pedro and his job hunt.

Things have been so busy here at work that when I get home I just want to curl up in my jammies and turn everything off! I keep reminding myself that the end is in sight. The first few months of the school year are always so hectic in special ed. And being a private outplacement school, we always have such an influx of new students that need meetings, etc. within the first month or so on top of the kids who are already on the Sept/Oct/Nov track. Each year the number just compounds. Okay, enough whining.

Enjoy your day ladies!

Edited by provinca on 10-10-12 06:23 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Joy C
Joy C 
Idol
Joy C
  • Joy C on 10-10-12 06:26 AM
In response to Dawna.s Place

Just caught up with 6 pages. Wooo. Been busy painting and working on both bathrooms, plus job. Been extra busy. I only have to paint the doors now & all this chaos starting in May will be over.

Praying for everyones's physical & emotional health.

It was so good to be able to take the time to read all the posts.

Wishing everyone the best of days.

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Joy C

I just read a response to one of my post in face book. It came through on my email. I was so fasinated that I forwarded the email to some of you that I have an email for. It was on the wonderful ways that God created everything. Some facts that I did not know.
Here is a small piece from the beginning
Our Creator and Redeemer . . . and do we THINK about it ??? God's accuracy may be observed in the hatching of eggs...
For example: -the eggs of the potato bug hatch in 7 days;
-those of the canary in 14 days;
-those of the barnyard hen in 21 days;
-The eggs of ducks and geese hatch in 28 days;
-those of the mallard in 35 days;
-The eggs of the parrot and the ostrich hatch in 42 days.
(Notice, they are all divisible by seven, the number of days in a week
Then at the end was something that really stuck in my head. Many here have shared bible verses and I thought you would like this.
The Bible
When you carry "the Bible," Satan has a headache, when you open it, he collapses, when he sees you reading it, he loses his strength,
AND when you stand on the Word of God, Satan can't hurt you!

May we all stand on God's word this day.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Joy C

Good morning!

Bren, praying for good results today!!!

Bon, your day with your daughter sounds so wonderful!!!!

Katie, hope your family prospers and life becomes easier.

I forget what else I was going to comment on....praying for all my sisters here!

Will be visiting Camille later today; she was a bit more alert yesterday afternoon and spoke a bit on the phone to me....made my day! It means the fluid is draining!!!!

Don't forget to count your blessings.

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to Lorna Lee

Thanks Ladies and Dawna I'm heading out tomorrow to a convetion near Peoria, IL for china painting, hope my back will take this...
I have been working this week, good that I have an adjustable table at work so I can stand and do all my paper work/drawings.

Thinking about you all...

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to Euroalien

Good morning ladies. It's still a rainy, cold dismal day again. The only good thing is it's great weather to watch movies and scrap. I did get a few cards done and working on a layout.

Praying for every one of my sisters here and hoping good things happen for everyone. The love and concern shown in this shop of ours is overwhelming and it's my haven. You all mean so much to me and I hope you all know that!

Bon, I just want to say that I am so happy for you and your daughter! I'm so lucky that Angela and I have such a close and strong relationship and so I wish the same for you!

Bren, prayers for your dr appt. and hope all goes well! Only positive thoughts!

Anna, I hope you're able to relax on the weekends after such a busy week at school!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to maggieanne

Evening all. Just passing thru on my way back to bed. Been having dizzy spells for the past few days and hoping these pills will stop these walls from moving in circles. Hope all is well with everyone.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 10-10-12 02:27 PM
In response to DKravec

Just popping in for a quick sweet tea with lemon! I am crazy creating today!

Be back later to check in on everyone's day!!

Back in formation...HONK HONK!!

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to NaneeTootieBeebleBug

Deb sorry the walls are moving on you right now. Hope you are better really soon.

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady

Oh no, Deb, hope that stops soon! Hope the meds help so you can stay out of bed all the time.

Well, I'm praying hard about something big: the house we're renting is actually still on the market for sale, and a couple is coming to look at it tomorrow. If they buy it we have 2 months to get out. None of us want to go through moving again, we're exhausted of it. I'm afraid my ulcer is going to flare up with the worry and nerves!

My cousin is having heart surgery, called an ablasion (sp?), on Monday. The doctor who invented this procedure is doing the surgery so that is nice to hear.

Oh goodness, stomach is starting to hurt. Guess it was the move that was such a bother to it! I need to not worry until this ulcer heals up!

Check in with you later, need pain meds.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to katiemylady

Hello all you lovely friends, yes I know I have been MIA again its just that there is not enough time in the day and night to do everything I want to do.
Jo so glad that you are finally moving on, and isn't it great to help someone in need? It surely takes your mind off our own problems.
Linny sweetie how is Camille I will call you tomorrow for an update, you are in my prayers.
Heather sweetie is surgery this coming week? Do you have a friend that can keep us posted on your recovery if so feel free to give him/her my number.
Katie sorry that you are going through more trials prayers going your way.
Bon I am so glad that you are visiting here often....
Bren enjoyed talking to you recently, sorry I had to hang up to soon. My son does not call often....He called to tell us that he was invited to join the Honor Society at his University. We are so proud of him, he has come along way.
Deb I have had vertigo and my DR says its usually an imbalance in ear from a cold or allergy.
Dawna how are you sweetie enjoyed are talk recently we should do it more often.
Maggie see that you are enjoying your family.

Hello to Anna, Stephanie, Joy, Elizabeth, Yvonne, Lorna and Shana have I forgotten someone?

I need to win the Lottery so that I can stop working and hangout here 24/7....

Edited by Martica on 10-10-12 07:35 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Martica

Well DH is still looking but we are ok. God does provide somehow. My youngest son Andrew finally started school studying Massage Therapy and is very excited. My oldest Michael in Tallahassee has been invited to join "The Honor Society" don't really know what that is but they say its a prestiges club that only you can join if you have a 4.0 or higher GPA and they have to invite you. We are so proud of Michael, he used to be so bad in school, he has ADHD, and it looked like he was not getting anywhere...so after the military he really made an about face (no punt intended) with his life. I wish there was something new to tell you all but my life is a routine these days... and I am thankful I really don't want any surprises bad ones that is.
It is 11:45 pm DH is fast asleep and I will be getting ready to shut off, so have a great evening you wonderful friends and hope to see you all tomorrow. Sweet dreams.....

Oh I almost forgot posted 2 of my creations in Ebay for auction I have never auctioned anything before so wish me luck. My name in Ebay is Marticadesigns if you want to take a peek. Let me know if you think I over priced it?

Edited by Martica on 10-10-12 07:52 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics