Username Post: Brats Corner Latte Shop        (Topic#1568161)
Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Dawna.s Place

Good morning!

Thanks for celebrating my joy with me!!!

Plans for today??? Well, looked around and the house needs a good dusting and polishing, vacumeing and floor washing..... But will I do it???? Maybe! Just realized we also need to get to the laundromat. It's a good thing we have a big supply of towels and underwear...well, we could always go COMMANDO!

Count your blessings....

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to Linnny

LOL, yay! the old Linny is back! Commando...hee hee!

Thank you for the laugh my friend, I needed it today!

Today would have been mine and Al's 38th wedding anniversary. It's raining again, cold and gloomy but I'm not going to let the day get me down! I think of the rain as tears of the Angels crying for all the sadness in the world. I'm going to remember all the good times Al and I had and just wrap myself in those memories! I want to feel thankful for all the time we had together, not that the time has ended. He will always be in my mind and always in my heart. I know as long as I keep those memories alive I will never really be alone!

Thank you Bon for those sweet words and I love you too girlfriend!

I forget who asked, it's on another page and if I leave here I'll erase everything I wrote so sorry I've forgotten but as to what I'll do today...I'm going to do some scrapping. Alan, Rebecca and the the grandkids come home tomorrow from Disney so i also have to pack up all my stuff tonight to head back home tomorrow.

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to maggieanne

Lastly, for some really good news, Anna has to be in Milford (my home town) on Sunday and we're going to meet for coffee! I can't wait so we can spend some time together and get to know each other!You all have no idea how much I'm looking forward to seeing her again!

Will check in later!

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne

Okay, I LIED! I'm a blubbering mess and can't stop crying! I'll be okay though so please don't worry about me...I love you all and I'm so thankful you're all in my life.

And I will check back later. No worries, please!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec

Awwwwe Maggie, If you close your eyes, you can feel us all giving you a big hug. And if you want to cry today, go ahead. I find it to be cleansing at times and much needed. I also have no doubt that Al is with you today to help you get through your anniversary. And by the way, Happy Anniversary.

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to DKravec

Maggie - crying is very allowed. You can cry over happy times sad times, funny times, frustrating times. Just enjoy every emotion today and congrats - 38 years is worth celebrting my friend.

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to DKravec

YAY!!!!! Camille is having conversations with her sister, that is so awsome.... Praise God!

Maggie/Joy, I pray for your sorrow to be lifted. I cannot even imagine the pain of losing your partner. Please know that we are all here for you. Anytime you need a shoulder to cry on, just give me a call. I will pray with you and give you a big hug over the phone.

To all of my dear sisters here, I wish you a blessed day. Hugs and love.

elizabeth97
Veteran
elizabeth97
In response to Lorna Lee

Hugs to maggie. Love you.

hvn101
hvn101 
Idol
hvn101
In response to midnitescrapper

so I got a call today from doctor canceling my surgery. The assistant surgeon could not be there. I got a wee bit upset. I was so psyched up to be let down last minute. I will get a new date mon i hope

hvn101
hvn101 
Idol
hvn101
In response to hvn101

katie expect a small welcome home gift from me. We missed you

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to hvn101

thank you Elizabeth! Love and care about you too! I hope you're feeling better. I do know how anxiety can put a strain on how you're feeling.

Martica
Queen
Martica

Wow 1st I like to rejoice on Camille's progress and Linny's sharing her sense of humor again.

Bren and Heather I am praying that your good health comes back full force.

Maggie sweetie celebrate all the good times you had with Al I know it must be tough but God is with you. Hey why don't you share some stories of Al with us. And don't forget to let us know how your visit with Anne goes.

Why am I always late to hear news here.......? I know bcuz Im always MIA.....

Edited by Martica on 10-12-12 06:53 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

pinkalicious
Guru
pinkalicious
In response to Martica

Hi Ladies,
LINNY!!!!!!!!!!!This is terrific news on Camille. So, so happy for you and your family.

Katie, I just watched your video of your new home. It will be really nice once everything gets situated. Good luck and I hope the best for you and your family.

I just wanted to say hello and hope all is well. I am thinking of Heather, did they reschedule her surgery?

Martica, love the jewelry box. So pretty. How are you?

I will be back later tomorrow to check on all of you.
Hugs and prayers for all of us.
Goodnight my dear friends.

Dawna.s Place
Diva
Dawna.s Place
In response to pinkalicious

Good morning ladies,

Awe Maggie ... How could you not cry on your sweet Al's 38th anniversary! I'd be a blubbering mess too! Group hug for Maggie!

Martica ... loved your ebay treasures especially the pink jewelry box! Beautiful, very beautiful! And you have them priced very affordable! In fact, as beautiful as you have them embellished, you're giving them away to some lucky bidder! Let us know if you have any better luck with ebay instead of etsy.

Oh I had a great time with our friends last night lots of laughter and good times together. Scrapbook Expo is this weekend, but I've decided to pass on convention this fall. I'm headed out to a Close to My Heart party today. Can't wait to get my hands on their new Artiste cartridge, it's awesome!

What's on everyone else's agenda for the weekend? Anyone creating this weekend?

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady

I am overjoyed to hear that Camille spoke coherently with you, Linny! The power of prayer is amazing.

Heather I'd be worried, too if I got an abnormal pap smear but I didn't know that it's common to get those and have nothing be wrong. Now I know and won't worry if that ever happens to me.

I read in my devotional this morning about God already having things set up for you...planned. He knows in advance what you will need and already has things in motion to get you what you need. I really needed to hear that.

Last night on our way home from eating out at one of our favorite pizzerias a song came on on my iPod about two young lovers who leave home and it's not what they thought it would be. The chorus starts out, "Oh memories, where'd you go? You were all I've ever known...how I miss yesterday, and how I let it fade away. Don't fade away..." I just started to cry silently in the back seat. I miss home. They say home is where the heart is, and my heart is in Indianapolis. Once we were almost home my mom realized I was crying and when I told her I was homesick and I missed Indy, my brother, who I've had no physical contact with since middle school, patted me on the shoulder and said, "You and me both." It was one of the most comforting things I've ever felt. Maybe it was knowing I wasn't alone in missing home, that he missed it just as much as I do.

So this morning I prayed that God would start to prepare me to go back. It will be a few years no doubt, but I asked God to start preparing me emotionally, mentally, and then financially so I can be where I'm happiest. I'm torn because I don't want to leave my parents, but that's part of life. I would love to have an apartment with my brother. I wouldn't feel so far from family that way, even if we don't talk much. But I know I am not mentally ready to leave the nest right now, and I have no idea how to get that way so I'm putting it in God's hands to help me figure that out.

I also fear I have another glomus tumor in my finger. It could just be the nerve damage from surgery acting up, but I'm not sure. I need to test it in ice water then run it under warm water and see if that gets a reaction. If so, another tumor has grown. They're benign but hurt like h*ll and have to be surgically removed. But surgery is really a small price to pay to get rid of this pain!

Sorry for the long post, obviously lots on my mind! Praying for all of you!

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia

• Dawna.s Place Said:
Good morning ladies,

Awe Maggie ... How could you not cry on your sweet Al's 38th anniversary! I'd be a blubbering mess too! Group hug for Maggie!

Martica ... loved your ebay treasures especially the pink jewelry box! Beautiful, very beautiful! And you have them priced very affordable! In fact, as beautiful as you have them embellished, you're giving them away to some lucky bidder! Let us know if you have any better luck with ebay instead of etsy.

Oh I had a great time with our friends last night lots of laughter and good times together. Scrapbook Expo is this weekend, but I've decided to pass on convention this fall. I'm headed out to a Close to My Heart party today. Can't wait to get my hands on their new Artiste cartridge, it's awesome!

What's on everyone else's agenda for the weekend? Anyone creating this weekend?

Love the Artiste Cartridge, I have not used my Cricut so much since I bought it. I love all the boxes, bags and all the other elements it has on it. Over 700 images to cut Have you seen the coffin boxes on it, I am making them for my dayhome kids for the Halloween party I do every year and filling them with candy. Sure to be a hit more with the adults then them LOL.

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to Drayia

Good morning ladies! My family is on their way home from disney and they'll be here late afternoon. I can't wait to see them, I've missed them so much and so has Brady! He's on the back of the couch looking out the window as I'm typing. I wonder if he senses it's just a matter of hours before he sees his family again too!

I've packed up all my scrappy stuff and ready to put in my car. I did get a couple of layouts done this week as well as a mini album I've been working on for awhile. So, I'll just do computer stuff and watch tv till I get home.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Tomorrow will be a busy one too so may not get back here till night. I'm meeting Anna for coffee in the morning, Maddie's soccer game after that and then football Sunday with the kids! I do feel so blessed!

Bren, I will share some stories of Al and I soon. I just need to get past the lonely feeling of getting through our anniversary before I put anything into words. Thank you so much for suggesting that, I would love for you all to know him a little!

TTYL!

Linny, I hope Camille is still improving!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Drayia

Morning all. Just grabbing a cup of Joe on my way to scrapping.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to DKravec

Good morning!

Katie, sorry for your sadness. But so happy you and your brother are becoming close!! (where's the video of your new 'crib'....yeah, I'm cool!!!)

Maggie, safe travel going home! And how cool that you are meeting up with Anna again!!!!

Martica, love your treasures in ebay!!!!

Dawna, have a blast today....you are one active chica!!!!!

Elizabeth, how are you doing....praying life is peaceful in your neck of the woods.

Jo, has the new pizzeria opened yet???

Bon, where are you girl.....creating some beautiful treasures????

Bren, Lorna, Shana, Deb, Joy.....(I know I'm missing some gals here) hope life is being gentle with you all!!!!

Visiting Camille later on today. Hope she is alert and responsive. I'm painting a little pumpkin with her name on it to bring to her with some stuff I picked up for her.

Hope something wonderful makes you smile today!

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to Linnny

Hi ladies. I miss you all!!! It's been so hectic that I just want to crawl into a hole and hide for a long while! Fridays are always so busy at work but yesterday we had a fire drill that messed things up and now the little kiddos seem to be passing head lice around! The office was hopping with parents coming in to get their childrenn -- we have an "absolutely no nits" policy -- and some of them felt the need to stop into the office to tell us just how inconvenient it is for them to have to pick their child up just because they have nits. they wanted them to go on the bus as usual and then they'd deal with it when they got home. Well, hello?????? NO!! The nurses did an awesome job checking each and every child and staff. They so totally rock!

Then I got home and had to hurry to get changed and freshened up to go to dh's great aunt's wake (and spend the night with my MIL and SIL. Not how I wanted to spend my Friday night. But of course, today it only got better because I had to go to the funeral with them as well. Thankfully, dh told them we'd meet them there (they live next door to us) so we could leave when we had had our fill. I know that sounds awful, but MIL is phoney saccharine sweet; and SIL is an miserable, 55 year old who lives with her mother and has absolutely no life and she tries to make everyone around her just as miserable as she is. I just don't need that kind of toxicity around me. I try to surround myself with nice people; cheery people; pleasant people.

And speaking of great people, I can't wait to sit down and enjoy my coffee with Ms. Maggie tomorrow!!! I'm so looking forward to that. Of course I have to scootch from there to a Silpada jewely party and then hurry home for dd2's soccer game. Go figure -- they have a game on Sunday night at 7:00. Don't these people know Sunday is for football -- all day long!!!

Okay, I sound like a miserable you-know-what. Sorry about that!

Linny, I can't begin to tell you how overjoyed I am to hear that Camille's surgery went well and that you had a conversation with her! That is just the best news! Sending you mega hugs!!!

Bren, I'm sending good thought to you for your results. Hugs!!

Elizabeth, I'm sorry to hear you had a bad day with your anxiety. I hope things get better for you.

And Maggie, it's 100% okay to cry!! I can't even imagine the pain you feel, and I hope that you can find comfort in your beautiful, sweet memories of Al!

Okay, off to do some laundry and get some housework done because, come heck or high water, I'm gonna plant my tushy down tonight and enjoy a few glasses of wine!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics