Username Post: Brats Corner Latte Shop        (Topic#1568161)
Dawna.s Place
Mayor
Dawna.s Place
In response to katiemylady

Morning Ladies,

Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday, I'm up to my eye balls in activity this week! Trying to get ready to go visit family in Oklahoma for the Thanksgiving holiday. I won't know till later today if I'm actually going yet or not. The trip has been off and on and now its kinda of goofed up. Trying to get things straightened out so we can go.

Linny...So happy to hear that the hand surgery went very well. And, I'm thrilled to hear about Camile. I wish Wanda had pulled through her stroke as well as Camile has. She's home, but her progress has just about come to a halt. I'm so saddened by this turn of events for her and my dad. Continued prayers for her would be appreciated.
Katie...Congratulations on becoming a fur baby mommy! I'm sure they will bring you lots of happy times together!
Stephanie...Congratulations on mastering your 60's and good luck with your 80's! Love your motivation!!!
Heather...How's the healing coming? Are you starting to feel better?
Joy...I'm so sorry to hear you're having to deal with such an emotional DIL. Please don't buy into the guilt trip she's trying to take you on.
Jo...How's things going at the new pizzeria? Are you settled in yet?
Martica...Your goodies were so lovely but I can see that I'm going to have the same problem as you (running out of space) very soon! It was sweet of you to share your beautiful creations with friends.
Bren...Have you made plans to spend any time over the holidays with your family this year?
Anna...Did you enjoy your scrappy Sunday?
Maggie...How did your mom's surgery go?
Yvonne...How's your back feeling these days? Are you back to your old self?
Lorna...When will you hear some news about your potential position? Any time soon, or next year?

Well it looks to be a beautiful morning here in Sun City and I've got a ton to do today. So you ladies have a wonderful day today! Wishing all of you a day full of blessings!

Edited by Dawna.s Place on 11-12-12 06:56 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Dawna.s Place

Steph, sorry I missed your birthday. Sending belated wishes your way. The weekend got away from me.

Need to make a grocery run today. We're on our last roll of toilet paper. Hate when that happens. Especially with me drinking coffee before I head out.

Dawna.s Place
Mayor
Dawna.s Place
In response to DKravec

Morning Deb...Did you have a nice quiet weekend? You live near your sister now, right? And are you planning a family turkey day?

DKravec
Angel
DKravec

We are planning a turkey day. The whole family gets together and everyone brings a dish. Makes it easy. I'm looking forward to a good home cooked meal.

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to DKravec

Hello ladies. I am just dropping in for a quick hi. I am here at work trying to play catch up from this morning. I went to the doctor and he wow, yuk when he looked in my ears and nose. He said that I have massive congestion that is already to the infection stage. Luckly it is not in my chest. He gave me antibiotics and told me to take Tylenol cold and sinus. The one that has Acetaminophen, PhenylephrineHCI and Guaifenesin. He really wanted me to go home but I need to be here at work. Taking off early on Wed to go to the female doc and next week is vacation. Here I sit feeling miserable but I am doing my job.
Dawna, I will keep Wanda on the prayer list. Hope you get to make your trip to see family.

I will know what I will be doing and details from the new company as it gets closer to time that he needs me.

I will try to check in later. Have a great day and God bless you all.

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to Lorna Lee

Deb did you make it to the store and got the t.paper before you needed to go again...

Dawna how are you? I'm slowly healing, it's a drag.... but better...
Hope your trip to see family is still on... always fun with a little vacation....
5 weeks to we fly to Spain... yay so excited...

Hope you all are doing okie dokie on this Monday...

elizabeth97
Veteran
elizabeth97
In response to Euroalien

Hello ladies.

Sorry I disappeared like I did but my internet got turned off. Money has been very tight but is getting better gradually.

How has everyone been??? Things here have been ok. I am working trying to get bills caught up. Get things turned back on. It is just so hard when you only work part time and as a substitute. I am taking on another client at my second job, that makes me 2. It will be a lot of paper work, red tape actually but I need the money.

My back is ok. i am still taking physical therapy. It is stronger but still giving my fits. I have a long way to go before it is strong.

Missed you all like crazy.

Edited by elizabeth97 on 11-12-12 02:32 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to elizabeth97

Welcome back Elizabeth. I hope life is looking up for you.

elizabeth97
Veteran
elizabeth97
In response to Lorna Lee

Thank you so much, Lorna, for your well wishes. My daughter comes home in 2 weeks for Thanksgiving. That will make me very happy.

I really am trying my best to get my financial life straightened out, it's so hard when you get behind.

I hope you are well. I haven't had a chance to go back and read up on what has been going on with everyone.

I'm sure i will get caught up in no time.

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to elizabeth97

Hi Girls! just stopping by for a cup of white tea I am Sorry for you who are having situations of the heart and Family! Sending a hug and positive thoughts for you to get past them all. And health troubles, I am there with you! But they are all tests...I am not getting good grades on some but others doing better. Have Faith in who you believe and know you CAN get better or past the difficulties Positive thinking can take you a looonnnggg way, negative thinking can stop you so don't allow it!!

We have snow!! about 5-7 inches! caused me to listen to Holiday music yesterday as I did house work, lol!! really I just needed that boost!! But we did not get to go to town today because of it and I don't mind at all. I LOVE to look at the beautiful whiteness of it all but the man is being all Grinchy about it! i tried to warm his heart with cocoa but it did not work to make him like snow, LOL,LOL,LOL...!!! Still snowing too but tiny flakes.
I have started my Holiday cards and am having a good time with those! They are made with a stamp of a cat in a Christmas tree! It will be a low dough Season for us but that will be OK. I just work with what I have to get by. I got a home made glue recipe from the internet so will be using that for many things, you can find almost anything for free on the internet!!! If any body needs the recipe send me a PM and I will be happy to share it. There are several out there, just depends what you have in the cupboards. I think all require flour tho, so if you are a non baker, you may need to invest in some or borrow from a neighbor. I am only here once or twice a week so have patience too
Katy, your new babies are so darling
Mine (Got 4 a few months ago) are making me a little crazy with 2AM crazy running sprees across my bed, but I still love them After all a kitty in the hand is worth millions of good times to me!! The purrs and tail hugs make it all OK.
Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate it!! We do not know if we will have a big meal but either way will make it a good day!
OK, my tea is getting cold while I talk so much, so I will be off. Have a good day/night

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to catzscrapper

Hi everyone! Watched the grandkids this weekend and just got home awhile ago. So tired, Maddie's asthma acted up last night and she was up all night coughing so I was up all night! lol

Will check back tomorrow when i can make some sense! lol

I forget who asked about my mom's surgery but they changed it from today till next Monday. Everyone have a great night and will be in for coffee in the morning!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to maggieanne

OK...anyone watching HSN....MS has a new punching system.....really very cool! Check it out.

Maggie, hope you mom is being kept painfree while waiting for the surgery!!! Have her in my prayers!

Sipping some java....been a 'mushy' day for me....not sure why

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Linnny

Yvonne, no I did not make it to the store before we ran out of toilet paper. My poor daughter woke up and we were running thru out the house looking for napkins we might have saved from take outs. Thank God we found some. I hurried with my shower and ran right out before it was my turn to use the toilet.

Linnny, I didn't know HSN had a scrap program on today or I would have watched it. I'll check it out online and see if I can find it. Did you buy it?

No snow for us today but the temps did drop quite a bit this afternoon. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to DKravec

Deb went on at midnight...its there Special for the day.....I have no umph to buy any crafting stuff....scary, huh?

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Linnny

I have the umph, just not the money. Ya want to meet half way.

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to DKravec

LOL, Linny what is a 'mushy' day??? It made me laugh, to me mushy is an apple that is too soft and not crisp.

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to catzscrapper

Good morning dear friends, sisters and prayer partners. I'm so thankful to be able to come here for lifting up, prayer, laughs, confessions and more.

I've just returned from Virginia where I spent my time off and visited my girls. It was both a wonderful and sad trip. It was so good to see the girls again as this had been the longest stretch without them as well as the precious baby who is just full of character.

It was also very sad to see my eldest girl drinking so very much when she used to be such a health nut. As a mom it just breaks your heart.

I'll find out today if the guy that watched the cat is going to keep him or not. I hope so as he needs a place that he can be more free than here.

I will catch up on each of you individually later today as I have read all the happy, sad, hopeful moments but have to go to work right now.

Hugs and more hugs,

Dawna.s Place
Mayor
Dawna.s Place
In response to scrapwriter

Good Morning Ladies,

I'm so excited this morning as we are going on our trip to my dads! Yeah! My daughter Jessica and my grandsons may come along too, they are still trying to figure out the details. No SIL though. He's still recuperating from a car accident he was in last month. We'll really miss him this trip.

Lorna thank you for your prayers for Wanda. I'll be seeing them on my trip and I know this is going to really hurt to see her this way. I'm very worried that my dad and Wanda need much more help around the house than they currently have. This trip will give me a chance to figure out how best to help them.

Janet and Elizabeth it's nice to see you ladies check in! Well ladies have a wonderful day. Blessing to all..

elizabeth97
Veteran
elizabeth97

Good morning, everyone.

Dawna, thank you for the greeting. It is so nice to be back. Have a good trip to your Dad's. I hope you get everything figured out there.

I have physical therapy this morning at 11:15 am and a meeting with my boss at 4:45 pm. Other than that, my day is pretty open.

Have a wonderful day, everyone.

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Linnny

• Linnny Said:
OK...anyone watching HSN....MS has a new punching system.....really very cool! Check it out.

Maggie, hope you mom is being kept painfree while waiting for the surgery!!! Have her in my prayers!

Sipping some java....been a 'mushy' day for me....not sure why

The last thing I need to do is see a new MS punching system. I should own stock now. I love those things. Two shelves in my room are dedicated to MS punches on stair step shelves and there still is not enough room for all of them. That does not count all the other brands that I have. I cannot seem be resist them.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics