Username Post: Brats Corner Latte Shop        (Topic#1568161)
maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to Linnny

Good afternoon ladies!

Shana, I watched the video and it brought me to tears! I wish every American would see this video and see what can be done if people just come together. No agenda, just people helping people! TFS!

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to maggieanne

Linny, you cracked me up when I read your post!

So, when I came on here first I laughed (Linny) and then I cried (Shana)and now I just feel good!

I hope everyone here has a wonderful day!

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia

Whats so great about this video is it was taken before a couple I know flew out there to just that. To help clean up and assist everyone there affected by Sandy. So not only do I hear Linney's post of some of the stupidy of the government/city officials in this clean up but now I will get first hand stories of the help and cleanup efforts that are going on.

We were talking on Sunday in our ladies group about what is most desperately needed in those areas. We are thinking more of comfort then things we could not help with. The number one sujestion was warm Clothes and Blankets. As ppl are still living in their houses with no heat and with the snow on top of the devistation of the hurricane ppl must be cold. It would be wonderful to actually find out what we can do/send to assist other then money to the Red Cross, although I know that helps out alot.

It has also made us talk about and plan a night of desaster planning. How to put together a 72 hour kit, what should be in it and what REALLY is most important to save. From the discussions that was happening and night will be planned to discuss all this in the New Year. We here might not get a hurricane(landlocked) but we could get a deadly winter storm or possibly a earthquake. The last BIG thing to affect this area was when Mount Saint Helen's blew, aparently they had ash falling for quite awhile with it being about a foot thick in accumulation. So its always important to "Be Prepared"as the Girl and Boy Scouts motto states.

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to Drayia

Hi ladies.

I've missed so much, but let me try to catch up here!

Linny, you crack me up. I love reading your posts; it's a guaranteed chuckle for me!

Maggie, how' your mom doing? Hopefully she's not in too much pain as she waits for her procedure on Monday. Prayers coming your way!

Dawna, I'm sorry to hear that Wanda is not doing as well as you would like and that things are tough for she and your dad. I'm glad you'll be seeing them soon and hope that you can get some system in place for them. Prayers to your family.

Bren, I'm sorry to hear that your visit with your daughters tainted with your dd's drinking. I hope that things work out for her and that you can find peace in the situation. Hugs and prayers to you!

Deb, I almost spit out my coffee as I read your post about the toilet paper!! I'm glad you were able to find some take out napkins!

Lorna, thanks for enabling me yesterday. I checked out HSN and ended up ordering the MS round punch system. Can't wait to play with it.

Okay, so now I've forgotten what else I read!!

Things have been so hectic at work this week that my eye has begun to twitch! When I'm really stressed, that usually happens . . . and I noticed it was twitching quite a bit today. My coworker assured me she couldn't see it as it happened, and thankfully I'm usually in my office alone so no one is looking at me thinking I'm losing it! My boss' dad passed away over the weekend so I was faced with having to reschedule a week's worth of meetings and trying to find slots for them in an already jam packed calendar. I managed to get others to chair some of them as scheduled which helped out nicely. But in her absence so many questions come up. I'm pretty good at taking care of things but there are some things I'm just not prepared to put my name to! To top it all off, the Dept. of Ed came in for a surprise visit today and that just messed things up even more! I have only 2 more weeks of this craziness and then it'll be so much more manageable and I CANNOT WAIT FOR THAT LIBERATION!!!

I just finished up my dinner and still have some points left on my weight watchers plan. Hmmm . . . do I have a glass of wine or a cup of tea and tea biscuits???

Edited by provinca on 11-14-12 03:18 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to provinca

Evening ladies. Love reading everyones posts but by the time I post, I've already forgotten what I want to say. So I'll just say that I love ya all and hope everyone is having a wonderful week.

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to DKravec

LOL, Debbie, I start a wordpad space and write as I read, then when I am ready to post I can copy it and paste in the message space BUT I sometimes forget to start it and end up where you just said you were!! Either that or I just say 'forget it' I have not had the best memory even when I was younger. Have a piece of dark chocolate, isn't that supposed to help memory?? If not eat it anyway, it will taste good with your coffee Yes I am full of it today and I don't mean dark chocolate!!!

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to catzscrapper

Hello ladies hope all is well.....skimped through thread ......

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Martica

trying to get sleepy.....but i'm WIDE awake!

shana, i just viewed the video. what a blessing the volunteers are....i truly do not know how the people who lost everything can cope; especially when LIPA, FEMA, and RED CROSS do not seem to be managing to help all the communities.

night

laceyKat
Angel
laceyKat
In response to Linnny

hello everyone... hope all is good for ya all!!

Dawna.s Place
Mayor
Dawna.s Place
In response to laceyKat

Good Morning Ladies,

Java is on! And I'm thinking that I'll have some ham and eggs for breakfast this morning. Only two days left to pack for my trip. I absolutely can't sleep on the RV mattress anymore so I'm hoping we can do something about it today. Even a blowup mattress would be an improvement over whats in there now. Going to check out craisglist this morning to see if I can find a reasonably priced replacement. Does anyone have any experience with the sleep number bed? If so please let me know if they are comfy.

Shana...It's so nice to see people coming together to help those in need. It warms the heart. TFS.

Anna...Thanks for the well wishes, I really appreciate them! I talked with Wanda yesterday and she assures me she is getting stronger. I really do hope she is improving. It will be a relief to she her in person. Hang in there a little longer, things will get back to normal soon.

Lacy Kat...So wonderful to see you! How are you? Please check in with us more often!

Off to check out craigslist! Have a happy Thursday ladies! Love and hugs to all...

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to laceyKat

Janet I keep a pad too and write what I want to respond to. Now if I could just remember what I did with that pad!

Kat you cannot believe how happy I am to see you at least come in and say hello.

I know there are dark times for many people and I love what Shana's group is doing. If we would all just turn off that da*n news and get out and pitch in we'd all be so much better for it. You don't need money to help. My mentor has stated and I've found it to be true; if you are feeling down go help someone else...your problems will get smaller.

Thank you all for your presence in my life. Sometimes just seeing someone left me a little note gives me enough strength to make the next hour or two or ten.

Hugs,

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to scrapwriter

Dawna the sleep number bed is a like or hate thing. We had one for a year or so, I liked it but my hubby flat out hated it and he was hurting in his shoulder all the time.

Kat good to see you!

Have a great day everyone....

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to Euroalien

Good morning everyone! Hi Alvie! How are you doing?

Dawna, I'm so glad Wanda seems to be doing better. Everyone I know that has one raves about the sleep #. I think mine is a temperpedic and i love it. It was the first mattress that I woke up and wasn't doubled over when I got out!

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne

Hi Yvonne, you have a great day too!

How are things going with you Bren?

Anna, my mother is doing okay. Just waiting for the surgery on Monday.

Everyone around here has some kind of respitory ailment going on. Maddie started over the weekend. I'm watching Mason while Rebecca works for a few hours as he has a croupy cough. Alan came home from work early with a sinus headache and chills. My daughter called last night and said she felt something coming on...scratchy throat. Rebecca and i are the only ones left...knocking on wood! lol

provinca
Mayor
provinca

Just got an email that my MS punch I ordered from HSN has been shipped! Woo Hoo!! I can't wait to play with it. It looked so cool . . . My sizzix.com order should be arriving this afternoon too. I'm having my nails done after work and then I'm darting home to see what goodies I got (can't really remember what I ordered). There's free shipping here at sb.com today and I hope I can stay away from placing an order!

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to provinca

Maggie, sorry to hear everyone is getting sick. There's so much going around. Stay healthy so you can all enjoy your turkey dinners next week!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to provinca

Dawna, I'm not a fan of the sleep number but I LOVE my temperpedic. It's probably the reason I want to stay in bed all day. They conform to your body.

Anna be sure to let us know what you think of your MS punch when you try it out. It looks cool.

Hi ya Kat I agree, you need to pop in more often to visit.

hvn101
hvn101 
Diva
hvn101
In response to provinca

where is free shipping? I dont see it on here.

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to hvn101

I got an email, that I can't find now! There's also a thread about it in General that says they saw it on facebook.

hvn101
hvn101 
Diva
hvn101
In response to midnitescrapper

FBSP323 HERE is the code its for 50.00 or more

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics