Username Post: Brats Corner Latte Shop        (Topic#1568161)
scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to Martica

Good morning all!

I don't have TV so I have been listening to the compilations from Trans Siberian Orchestra and it is so so beautiful. I was productive on my days off: cleaned out the fridge and wiped down, cleaned out the freezer and wiped down, cleaned everything out of the pantry threw away expired items wiped down all the shelves and organized as I returned them to their spot. Made my pumpking pie minus crust, mixed berry cobbler, chicken stew all so I could have food for the next five days. Hung the new curtains in my bedroom all by myself (first time in my life ) changed the keyboard on my laptop also all by myself, and got all my store bought christmas cards made out. All that productivity feels darn tootin' good!

Martica hope you're able to be less bored today and Lorna my friend I certainly hope you and Maggie both clear up the yuckies real quickly.

Dawna should be on the road and hopefully safe and happy with her family.

I watched a documentary this weekend called Happy. It's really good and highly suggest it to anyone wanting to see how happy people are in other countries that have much less than we do. Really puts in perspective my blessings.

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to Martica

Good morning ladies!

Maggie, I couldn't get onto the photobucket site. I sent her an email and she responded saying that they are haviing a problem with it. Photobucket says it's a technical issue on their end. She said it's a hit or miss type thing. She's been told that if you can't get on, try again later and you may. I tried again this morning and couldn't. She said they have a facebook page and the items are all visible there. I was able to do that so I'll be ordering soon!!!

Christmas spirit?? Not here yet either. The holidays are tough for me since my dad passed away unexpectedly at Christmas. This year will be 14 years, but it's still pretty fresh. He turned 65 on Dec. 17 (I was the only one who wasn't at his party because I had come down with a case of the chicken pox at the age of 35!); he had a massive stroke/aneurism on 12/19; he passed away on 12/22; Christmas was 12/25; we waked him on 12/26 and buried him on 12/27. Some years are better than others. We tried really hard to keep things "normal" because the kids were little, but now they're older and they understand that this is a hard time of year for me. I did pick up some ornament-type things for our artificial tree that make it smell real yesterday and dh opened it up so now the house smells like a Chrismas tree! He also bought me a beautiful Hallmark lighthouse ornament on our anniversary (lighthouses are a favorite for me!) that lights up and the beacon blinks and also an light up ornament of a house that is decorated and the lights blink. It's pretty cool. He tries to get me out of my funk this time of year.

I think I better get out of my jams and hop in the shower so I can get a move on with my day. My plans are to vacume and mop the floors, finish up some laundry and then resume my Sunday position -- scapping and football!

Have a great day everyone!

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady
In response to elizabeth_C

Hey lovely ladies! Still been super busy with my kitties but things are starting to seem a little more normal.

I've also been busy volunteering with the local animal rescue.

School is going ok, doing very well on my exams, all A's!

I can't wait for Thanksgiving, my birthday on Saturday, and Christmas decorating! For anyone who is having a cut-back Christmas for the first time or two, it always seems worse than it really is come Christmas day. You really realize the reason for the season and gifts fall by the wayside. The thing I hate most is not being able to buy things for my friends and family who mean so much to me. This will be our fourth dinky Christmas I think? They're really not that bad, so if you can't get in the spirit don't worry about it, it'll all be over quicker than you realize and it will be a new year with better things to come!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to katiemylady

Good morning!

Some sad news....dh's sister called yesterday from Pakistan to say one of dh's brothers was back in the hospital; as they were talking, his brother passed away. Feeling so sorry for dh....two sibblings passing in two years...and so far away.

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to katiemylady

Good morning ladies. I don't know if I feel the same as yesterday or worse...this sinus thing is just hanging on and the cough is driving me crazy!

My mom is in surgery right now and I feel bad that I can't be there but there is no way I could go near her or anyone else with this ******** going on! So, I'll wait to hear from my brother that everything went well.

Anna, I'm so sorry the holidays are hard for you! I certainly understand and even though Al passed in March I feel like Christmas will never be the same. Thinking of you dear friend!

Way to go Katie on your school work! I've seen pics of the kitties and they're adorable.

Bren, I wish I had the energy and drive to do all that cleaning! At least there's only me here to see the mess! lol

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to maggieanne

Linny sorry to hear about your hubby's brother, will be thinking about you....

Lorna you putting a smile in my face describing your outfit for your hunting trip, you go girl hope you get the BIG one.

Maggie and Lorna hope today is a day you are feeling better. Maggie will be thinking about your mom today.

Me too have been watching X-mas movies on Hallmark and Lifetime channels - DH dont like to cheesy for him... he is an outdoor person and like all those channels with hunting and fishing, good we have so many different televisions and DVR on the Dish...

JoLena you wear me out just listing to you telling us about your decoration adventure.... lol!
Hope to get up the outside lights this week while it's pretty warm and this weekend to get one of the two trees up. Will not do to much decoration this Holiday season since we are going to Spain in a month to be with my parents and sister.

Happy Monday everyone...

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Linnny

• Linnny Said:
Good morning!

Some sad news....dh's sister called yesterday from Pakistan to say one of dh's brothers was back in the hospital; as they were talking, his brother passed away. Feeling so sorry for dh....two sibblings passing in two years...and so far away.

My prayers are with your DH. I know that is hard for him. Good thing that he has you by his side.

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee

• maggieanne Said:
Good morning ladies. I don't know if I feel the same as yesterday or worse...this sinus thing is just hanging on and the cough is driving me crazy!

My mom is in surgery right now and I feel bad that I can't be there but there is no way I could go near her or anyone else with this ******** going on! So, I'll wait to hear from my brother that everything went well.

Anna, I'm so sorry the holidays are hard for you! I certainly understand and even though Al passed in March I feel like Christmas will never be the same. Thinking of you dear friend!

Way to go Katie on your school work! I've seen pics of the kitties and they're adorable.

Bren, I wish I had the energy and drive to do all that cleaning! At least there's only me here to see the mess! lol

Oh sweetie, sorry to hear that you are still sick and wanting to be somewhere else. I feel you. I am on my 4th day of levaquin after 4-1/2 days of amoxicillin. I feel so much better but still have the crud lingering. Can't seem to get all of it to just go away. I hope that you have been to the doctor and taking antibiotic. Rest dear. You have done so much for your mom, she knows you love her and are with her in spirit. She would scould you anyway for getting out when you are sick. Rest.

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to Lorna Lee

Thanks Lorna. I talked to her last night for a few minutes and she said "don't you dare come near me!" lol

My brother just called and my mom got through surgery fine. Won't know for probably 2 weeks just what we're looking at re: cancer. My youngest brother will get in to see her tonight after work, she should be awake by then.

Linny, I'm so sorry to hear about your DH's brother's passing. We must have been typing at the same time! You and your family are always in my prayers my dear!

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne

I have a virus Lorna so antibiotics won't work. I just have to get through it. I hope you're feeling better soon too!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec

Linnny, so sorry to hear about your brother inlaw. It's just been one of those years that so many sad things keep happening to good people. How do we make this trend stop.

Maggie, hope you feel better soon. It would be so much easier if you were able to take an antibiotic. Running it's course takes forever.

Wow Bren, sounds like you had a very productive day. I always feel better after a day like that.

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to DKravec

Good evening, time for a cup of hot tea....

laceyKat
Angel
laceyKat
In response to Euroalien

This was about the time of day when my step-dad Jon Jon (an englishman) would bring out the cheese, crackers and tea... for our afternoon cuppa.... sure miss him....

Scrap Smart
Mayor
Scrap Smart
In response to laceyKat

Apologize for my absentism--I was here more when I WAS working--lol! Bren's post reminded me--I took my SIL to see Trans Siberian Orchestra Thurs eve--we had so much fun!! I had no idea it was such a spectacular production--I thought we would just hear some awesome Christmas music!

No decorating here--no point! Sad, but true!

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Scrap Smart

Hi everyone... Maggie keep us informed of your mom's surgery, I will be praying for her getting well....

elizabeth_C
Veteran
elizabeth_C
In response to Martica

Hello all. Long day here, I'm pooped. Got a lot done though.

Tried to read up on what's going on in the group, will keep trying to catch up. Everything here is ok, so far. My loved ones are ok. Jennifer is happy and healthy. My mom is ok too.

Thinking of you all and wishing the best for you and your families.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to elizabeth_C

Hi all!

Maggie, how's your mom doing.....continued prayers for a complete recovery!

went to the supermarket to pick up ingredients for my broccoli casserole and corn bread....it was a zooooooooooo! the parking lot here is small and delivery trucks were trying to get in to deliver.....

I feel so guilty celebrating and being thankful for my sisters recovery and getting all excited to be able to spend Thanksgiving Day with her as Bob mourns the loss of his brother....

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Linnny

Linnny, will Bob have the chance to go home for the funeral? I'm so sorry he has to go thru this.

There's no decorating here either Susie. Haven't had a tree up for the past four years. I do set out my Christmas cards tho.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to DKravec

Deb, they bury the day after death. After 40 days they have a special prayer service. When his sister passed away Bob went back for the 40 day prayer service. About 400 people attended...after the prayer service you provide food for everyone. Don't know yet if he plans on going....

Anna, I just read your post about your dad passing at Christmas. I'm so sorry for your sadness. Doesn't matter how many years they are gone ....they are always missed and there is always an emptiness. Hold onto the happy memories when the sadness wants to take hold.

Good night....

pinkalicious
Guru
pinkalicious
In response to Linnny

Hi everyone,
Linny, so sorry to hear of your DH loss. Condolences for your DH and family. Continued prayers for all of you. So happy Camille is better!
I know about feeling guilty. While planning and decorating, I realized that the 22nd will mark the 1 year anniversary of my beloved MIL. I took a moment to talk to my DH about it and just let him know that I, too, miss her and she remains in our hearts.

Anna, sending you a great, big ((((((((HUG))))))))

Maggie, Prayers for a speedy recovery for you and your mom.

TSOrchestra! I love their music! I missed them last week in Peoria, IL. SO MAD!

Yvonne, you will be traveling soon! So excited for you. It will be great for you to spend your holiday with your family! Make some memories!!!!

Went to buy food for my Thanksgiving Dinner and Linny, you are right, it was crazy!! Too many people for me. I got everything I need, so no more grocery stores for me until Christmas! Off to the mall for some home goods. Holiday towels and candles. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here. (Still will wait to do the pizzeria's until AFTER Thanksgiving) I've decided to cook at home instead of hauling everything. Way too much work to cook somewhere else, AND....how do you cook without a pizza oven, anyway?? We'll just haul all the leftovers after our food coma!

OK, another late night, early morning, no sleep kinda day for me, so off to bed I go.

I may not have mentioned you by name, but ALL of you are in my thoughts and prayers. Big hugs to all of you. and where's BON!
Goodnight my dear friends.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics