Username Post: Brats Corner Latte Shop        (Topic#1568161)
provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to laceyKat

Hi ladies. I hope you're all having a nice weekend.

Bren, keeping you in my prayers as you get ready for your surgery!

Martica, how did your craft fair go?

Maggie, are you feeling better? I hope so.

Linny, how is dh feeling? I hope the bronchitis is on its way out!

I did an online crop today and now am off to my sister's martini party. Should be a blast!

Have a good night everyone!

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to provinca

Hi everyone!

Martica, my mom is doing okay and Anna, I'm feeling okay too. I'll just be glad when I can get this surgery over with! I was suppose to get a date for it yesterday but couldn't get ahold of anyone in the drs office so I left a message and I should hear on Monday.

Martica, I hope you're selling lots of gorgeous creations right now! My SIL does beading and sells her things at fairs and parties.

Hi Alvie! If we're in the same time zone then you must be getting ready for your parade! have a wonderful time and enjoy!

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to maggieanne

I went with a friend today to Conn. to a scrapbook store called "Wiggles and Giggles" and we did a class on a mixed media journal taught by Cheryl Mezzetti with Creative Imaginations. It was a long ride back and forth but the class was awesome and we had lunch with Cheryl before we left. I also did a little shopping LORNA...hee! hee!

I'm tired and a little uncomfortable but just got in my jammies and I'm going to veg on the couch and see what new Christmas movie is on tonight on the Hallmark Channel.

Bren, I like your definition of a friend! You're always in my prayers my dear and thank you for reminding us of your surgery!

I hope everyone has a wonderful night!

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee

Hello beautiful ladies. I have been making Christmas cards today or trying to. I tried last night buy my sweet little step son decided that he too wanted to make cards. I spent most of my time cutting things for him to use (cricut and dies). My oldest step daughter has been staying with us since the day before Thanks giving. She came down stairs to work with her little brother making cards. They were so cute.
We have been having such a week with her. She will be 19 on Jan. 4th. She has taken time off school since she graduated in June. She has never been a social type person. A book worm. When she was a very little tot she was diagnosed with Lukemia. Needless to say she is daddy's baby. Well when we got back home from hunting she was gone to a friend's house. HMMMMM She has never had friends. That Monday she came and said that she was going to visit her friend again. I had a sneaking feeling that this was a boy. Well Tuesday night she came down stairs when I got home and gave me a big hug. Her friends called and were outside so she went outside to talk to them. Two boys. My DH was not home yet as he was helping a friend move. Ashley came and asked me if I wanted to meet her friend. I said yes I would like that. The first boy walked in and introduced himself as Damsel (sp)Ashley's boyfriend and hugged me. He had his friend with him. They stayed for a little while but DH did not get home until they left. I wanted to do the right thing and let daddy in on the news so that he would not be so, you know (DADDY-LIKE), protective. I never dreamed that he would go and say something to the kids aunt (thier mom's sister). She proceeded to tell the mom. I was so mad at my DH. The mom called Ashley and said that she would have NOTHING to do with this boy because..... (mind you she has not met him) He is black. REALLY!!! This is the mother that left her children with her brother for 4 years while she shacked up with her boyfriend. Ashley cried all night and the next day. That is when I found out what happened. Ashley told her mom off because she said that she had no room to talk when she was never thier for her or her sister.
I told her that she should point out the following:
Look up the area where Jesus came from. The people there have very dark skin. Chances are VERY good that Jesus was a dark skinned man. Are they going to reject our Lord because of His skin tone or accept Him for who is was and is?
Last night was the first night that I have seen her really smiling. She was a glow as she sat on the floor drawing in cards with her little brother (from another mother).

Any who now that you all now my drama of the week....

Good luck Martica.
Bren, What is this surgery for sweet lady?
Maggie, You are for sure on my heart and in my prayers.
Kat, May I say that it is really a joy to have you back in our company.
Anna and the rest of my dear sisters here, love you. Have a great blessed weekend.

laceyKat
Angel
laceyKat
In response to Lorna Lee

awwww Lorna, thank you!!! what a sweet thing to say to me!! hugs to you!!!!

that was a good point to point out, Lorna. All i can do is shake my head when I hear things like that and then I always mention to heavenly Father how much I love Him.

Maggie.... west coast here.. i am just about ready to head out the door... wearing a santa hat for the occasion...

Anna - Martini party????? can I be your friend and come along??? sounds like a BLAST!!!!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Lorna Lee

Evening ladies. It was a long day today. Had a huge party to go to and it just went on and on and all I wanted was to go home and veg. I have another party on Monday and then another on Saturday next. They're starting to pop up all over.

Bren, what surgery? What did I miss? Please tell me it's not anything serious.

Martica, how did your sale party go today. I hope you sold tons of stuff so that you'll have some Christmas money. Everyone already knows the well is dry at my place.

Anna, did you say something about a Martini party? Can you send me the address.

elizabeth97
Veteran
elizabeth97
In response to DKravec

Hello everyone.

I don't have a lot to report. I am catching up on paperwork, which is always bad at the end of the month. It's been a pretty quiet day here.

Jennifer will be home in a couple of weeks, I can't wait.

I hope you all are well.

Maggie, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to elizabeth97

Hi ladies I am resting now, but I have to confess that the Xmas Bazaar was not good just sold $20 only a handful of people came of the maybe 20 to 25 that I invited. Because I did it in my home It was not open to the public only by invitation. Oh well I did enjoy the company of my family and a few friends.
How is everyone. Lorna you did good with your step daughter, liked what you said about Jesus and skin tone.

Bren what kind of surgery are you having?If you mentioned it Sorry I missed it.

pinkalicious
Guru
pinkalicious
In response to Martica

Dear, dear Friends,
As my heart is beating hard and tears flow from my eyes I am sad to announce that my nephew, Chade, has passed away. We said "Goodbye" to him on Friday afternoon. He was a donor, and that relieved some of my pain knowing one day I could look at a stranger, into the eyes of Chade. NO, there were to many toxins in his body and no parts, not even his eyes could be used. I have never been in this situation and never want to be in another again.
Thank you all for all your prayers. Unfortunately, Chade lost his fight, and we lost a little piece of our hearts.
Bon, sorry to hear of your son's accident.
Hugs and prayers to ALL of you. God Bless All Of You.

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to pinkalicious

Jo, I'm so very sorry dear friend! My heart is breaking for you and your family! I can't even imagine the pain of losing a child no matter what age. I know there are no words right now...I hope you take a little comfort in knowing that everyone here loves you and is praying for you! If you need anything, even just an ear please don't hesitate to call!

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne

Martica, sorry to hear about your Xmas Bazaar. It has to be the economy! Do you have any craft fairs nearby that you could sell your pieces?

Hi Alvie! It is so nice to see you here!

Deb, I think we should crash Anna's party! I love "apple tinis!"

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne

Lorna, I just can't imagine turning away from my child for any reason! I find it hard to believe there is still so much intolerance in this world today.

Elizabeth, thanks for your concern and I hope you're feeling better too!

Martica
Queen
Martica

Jo I am so so sorry, my heart is breaking because my sons are close to Chade's age , it so breaks my heart Jo.
Oh Lord embrace Chade into your arms and lead him home. May he feel your love and peace oh Lord. Lord be with the family he left behind and help them feel peace, help them to see that Chade is in a better place surrounded by your love. Amen

Maggie glad you had a good time....

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Martica

• Martica Said:
Jo I am so so sorry, my heart is breaking because my sons are close to Chade's age , it so breaks my heart Jo.
Oh Lord embrace Chade into your arms and lead him home. May he feel your love and peace oh Lord. Lord be with the family he left behind and help them feel peace, help them to see that Chade is in a better place surrounded by your love. Amen

Maggie glad you had a good time....

AMEN!
My heart pours out to you and your family JoLena

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to Lorna Lee

Jo my prayers are with you and your family and to each person that has been touched by Chade. To know a friend is having this much heartache hurts and I will lift you up in the coming days.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to scrapwriter

Jo, so very sorry to hear of Chade's passing. My prayers are being sent to your family.

Bren, I'll be praying for a an uneventful surgery and a quick and easy recovery.

Maggie, hope you can get your surgery date so you can put this all behind you!

Martica, your projects would sell wonderfully at a craft fair....have you checked out the churches and schools in your area. This is usually the time these fairs start popping up.

Elizabeth, I can hear the excitement in your 'voice' whenever you mention your daughter's name. I'm so happy you will be together. My oldest son, Brian, is coming home for Christmas....miss him so!!!! It will be a short visit, so I will need to do a lot of pampering and spoiling in a very short period of time.

Lorna, my SIL, who I usually refer to as the evil SIL disowned her daughter because she married a black man and they now have a baby. My niece came 3,000 miles to see her mom (who has cancer) and introduce her to her grandson. My SIL would not allow her in the house. She stood there, baby in her arms, and her mom wouldn't let her in. The poor thing called me. dh and I were 2 hours away, so we called the SIL and tried to talk some sense into her.....nothing worked. It's all so sad. People can be so ignorant!!!!!

Anna, dh is getting better slowly. He was complaining today that his nose is still leaky or congested.... Please, blow yer freakin nose!!!! We shopped and returned stuff and were on our feet from 2 pm to 8 pm; ate dinner and continued till 10 pm.....every joint in my body was aching and his problem is a leaky nose!!!!! Kleenex, STAT!!!!!

Bren I too love your definition of friendship! You have such a wonderful way of putting your thoughts to paper!

And Kat, I too am very happy to see you here. Can I get you something to drink. Something with a bit of spirits in it...... Hey, maybe one night you can teach us some line dancing. Yes, Tuesday night line dancing in the BCLS!!!!!!!!!!!

OK.....it's after 2 am here. I should get in the bed.....Sweet dreams honey buns!

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady
In response to scrapwriter

Hey ladies, just stopping by to say hello. Kind of lost my mojo, been so busy with these cats...once I adjust to them it won't be a thing, but it's time-consuming getting used to them and them me!

Dyed my hair last night...total disaster. I looked like, as my brother put it, "Ronald McDonald's sister." And I DID! It was terrible! So at 2:30 am I went to Walmart to hide my shame and got some dark brown dye and my mom fixed my hideous Ronald McDonald hair. It looks pretty cool though, it has a raspberry tint to it and you can still see some of what looks pink throughout my hair. I like it If it wasn't so embarrassing I'd show you all a picture of what I looked like!

Still on the job hunt. My mom's unemployment runs out end of this month so prayers for me, my brother, and/or my mom to get a job are so very needed. I have faith God will take care of us! I just tattooed the word "faith" on my wrist on Thursday for my birthday (belated) and it's helping me already to remember to keep the faith about who is in control in this messy life!

Much love girls

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to katiemylady

Jo, My God I am so sorry for your loss. Such a terrible heartache. I pray for you and your family and that none of us ever has to go through what you're going through right now. I can't even imagine the pain of such a loss.

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to DKravec

Jo, I'm so sorry for your family's loss. You are all in my prayers! Hugs!!!

Martica, that was a beautiful prayer for Chade and his family! AMEN!

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to provinca

The martini party was an awesome time! Of course, I'm moving in slow motion today though! No hangover; just sluggish and feeling a bit dehydrated LOL!

It's Sunday, so I'm of to my "zone" -- football and scrapping. Have a great day ladies!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics