Username Post: Brats Corner Latte Shop        (Topic#1568161)
Dawna.s Place
Mayor
Dawna.s Place
In response to katiemylady

Good Morning Ladies,

I feel sad to learn that Bon's son was in an accident and she didn't come to see us for prayer. I do hope he fully recovers. I don't know Bon very well, just casually from this site. But I do consider her a friend and I feel bad that she's having a difficult time.

Jo I'm so sorry to hear the news about Chade. My heart is breaking for you and your loved ones this morning. Please know that you are all in my prayers dear friend.

Bren I knew you were waiting for more tests to be taken, but I hadn't heard about your need for surgery. What's wrong sweetie? Can you please fill us in so we can keep you up in prayer?

Linny so sorry your hands are still giving you trouble. You do such beautiful work so please don't give up on them! Your story about your niece is so sad. No wonder you call her the evil SIL!

Martica sorry to hear your craft fair didn't go as well as you wanted. I think I'm going to focus more on selling my crafts next year when I finish up my assignment at the shop.

Maggie it seems to me that your surgery is coming up next week. Am I remembering that right? I hope you've arranged for some extra help while you are down. Can you pm me your addie? I'd like to send you something.

Heather sorry your still feeling so bad. I do hope you get some much needed rest and recuperate over this weekend.

LacyKat Happy to see you! Love the new avi! Just beautiful as usual! Did you say you're from the west coast? Me too. Whereabouts?

Lorna loved how you handled your situation. Love comes in all shades, shapes and sizes. My daughter Ashley had a black boyfriend that she absolutely loved. You would think in this day and age that people would realize the heart is colored blind. But even some of their peers were not accepting of them as a couple. It saddened my heart and blew my mind. The experience opened her eyes to who her real friends were!

Yvonne do have plans to see your parents over the holiday? Or will you be staying in town this season? How's your bad doing?

Elizabeth I hate paperwork and it's rally starting to pile up on my desk too. Going to have to get with it sometime soon.

Anna and Deb I think I'll put on some Christmas music, break out the decorations and pour myself a mimosa this morning! I could use a little Christmas cheer today! Anybody else wanna join us?

Katie glad to hear that you and your kittens are getting on well. They are such a hand full when they are little. You and your family continue to be in my prayers sweetie.

Stephanie and Joy hope you ladies are doing well.

Hope I didn't overlook anyone! If I did, please forgiving me! At this point in my life, I've probably forgotten more than I've learned! lol Wishing you all peace and joy today.

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to Dawna.s Place

Sorr I confused everyone I guess I thought I had already posted it. The tests and surgery are unrelated:

I have a tooth that needs extracted but because I waited too long an infection has started and now I need to have it extracted and then a bone graft put in the jaw line. So I have to go under anasthesia for the work being done because the work being done.

The tests will be redone in January - so until then I cannot offer updates on that.

Love to all...

If we believe that we came from Adam and Eve then the pigmentation of our skin is simply to allow the tolerance of th sun based on where our ancestors were residing. It doesn't make sense in a logical, religious or common sense approach to eliminate any level of skin pigmentation.

pinkalicious
Guru
pinkalicious
In response to scrapwriter

Dear Friends,
Still crying. Somebody wake me up from this!!!
The beautiful prayer has lifted my damaged spirit and I KNOW that all of you can feel my pain. Thank you. Thank you all for the beautiful prayers and for being here for me. I hold all of you in my aching heart because All of you are near and dear to me. I LOVE ALL OF YOU. Thank you.

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to pinkalicious

Hi all! Jo, I wish with all my heart that I was close by so I could wrap you up in a big warm hug! I do feel your pain and my heart is just so sad and weeping for you and your family! We all love you too and continue to be here for you when needed!

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to maggieanne

Dawna, my surgery isn't this week. i find out my surgery DATE hopefully tomorrow. The urologist is so booked in advance that I probably won't be until after the holidays. I'll let you know when I get an actual date.

I was over my son's today after my granddaughter's soccer game (they won!) watched the Patriots beat Miami (sorry Martica)! lol and then had some dinner and cake to celebrate my DD Angela's 34th birthday! It's tomorrow but because it's a work day we celebrated it today. The kids made and decorated christmas cookies that spelled out "Happy Birthday Auntie Angie!" They were so cute.

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne

Anna, your martini party sounded like so much fun. Saw the photos on FB!

Bren, good luck with your dental surgery! Will say a prayer that all goes well.

i think i'll head to bed a little early. I have to go to the Registry of Motor Vehicles in the morning because I forgot to re-register my car! It was suppose to be done by Nov. 30th and I totally forgot we're in Dec. now. I don't know where my head is at sometimes! I hope you all have a good and restful night!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec

It's been a day of resting and scrapping.

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to DKravec

Well my 8yr old step son and my 18 yr old step daughter and I started decorating the house for Christmas. I have my Santa Claus' everywhere. I got them to assist me in making a garland for our stairs. We do not have the long rails so it hangs off and to the floor. I will post photos tomorrow. I bought all the stuff last year to make it and didn't since we were packing. DH and I put up shelves on the wall in my scrap room over my work table. Now I have a great shelf to display my treasures that I have received in swaps and one to put some supplies on. I hung my grading rack too. I am really getting things looking better. I am very excited. I so love playing in my room. DH told me that I have a lot of cr@p. I told him that it is all much needed supplies and that I just need more organizing area of which the shelves did. He really has not got a clue how much money is invested in my goodies. Just ate a wonderful dinner. DH made steak and potatoes on the grill. I made a salad. Ashley helped clean the kitchen. I must say that it has been a very nice weekend. Time to go get ready for bed and another work week. God Bless each of you and sweet dreams.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Lorna Lee

Hello ladies I had a great day today went shopping with my sister today and had lunch too. We have not done that for years so it was really nice. Then I came home and started a couple of dressers for my neighbor's daughter and my sister's grand daughter which I managed to finish. I will post pics in a few days. Talked to Maggie which I really enjoyed, thank you Maggie. Now to get ready for bed.....

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to Martica

Good morning ladies. Sounds like we all had good weekends, and that makes me smile!

Lorna, I had to laugh at your comment that your dh said you have too much stuff. We are in the middle of semi-finishing off our basement (where I scrap), and this coming weekend, dh is putting up some studs so the electrician can come and put in some much needed recepticles. My task, I was told, was to pull all my stuff away from the wall by Saturday so that he had enough room to work back there. Then he added, "And while you're at it, why don't you try to downsize what you have. Do you really NEED all that stuff??" LOL -- doesn't he know that the answer to that is "Yes, I NEED it all and soooo much more!"

I had hoped to decorate my house for Christmas this weekend, but I didn't get that far. I had to finish up some swap stuff and did an online crop so it didn't happen. I'm hoping to at least bring up the boxes tonight and then just do a little each day after work this week. It's on my "to-do" list, and I love to cross stuff off, so maybe that will be my motivation!

I better get back to work . . . have a wonderful day ladies.

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to provinca

Good morning beautiful ladies.

Anna, truth be known all our hubbies have that same misconception of our craft supplies. I think it best that we don't argue but ignore thier ignorance of our needs. I know that there is MORE that I absolutely NEED. When I get it, it will remain in my trunk until he is out of the room. I have a couple of packages on the way now of those much needed supplies. Sometimes I let him think that they are part of my swap treasures. I don't tell him that but if that is what he thinks, I am not going to correct him.

Looks like a busy day today. Rainy here.

God bless! Have a wonderful day, sisters.
I will check in later.

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to Lorna Lee

Well, because we dont have a LSS anymore I told DH I would be ordering online. All he told me was not to get too carried away LOL. He doesn't, at least in my hearing, call my stuff junk but I know he thinks it. I have shown him what I make for my swaps and I get the question "what is the point or what are you going to do with that" but other things like my cards and LOs he has no issues with me making.
I picked up for free Saturday a rolling kitchen cart. It has a butcher block top and 3 sliding wire baskets underneath. It has already come in handy for I have several projects on the go that needed drying and I was running out of space to put them. It will eventually house my large paper cutter and Other large items that I find I need alot of the time but have no where to store them so they are at my finger tips. I love the fact its on wheels so I dont have to have a perment place for it, I can just move it when needed since I am in my laundry room

Well all the snow is gone again but forcasting for Saturday, which of course can change in 15 mintues around here Had 3 days of ice fog last week and the trees looked so pretty all in hoarfrost but was unable to get out and take a great picture of it.

Have a great day, Prayers going out to Jo of comfort, love and healing, for Linny on healing and pain free day, Bren on your surgery and for God's Bless on everyone else.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Lorna Lee

Morning everyone. Sounds like we're all in the same situation of having a ton of scrapping supplies. I've tried downsizing with it but I just know if I get rid of even one thing, I'm going to wish I had it some day.

It's starting to look a bit over cast here today so we also may end up with rain. But it's 60 degrees so I'm not complaining.

Dawna.s Place
Mayor
Dawna.s Place
In response to DKravec

Good Morning Ladies,

Shana they say the mind is the first thing to go! Not sure how I managed to over look you in yesterday's post, but you'll have to forgive this 'ole lady!' The mind is slipping but I do hope your doing well sweet friend.

Thanks for the reminder Maggie. It's a very hectic time of year to be down recuperating from surgery. Hope you can keep the pain under control till January.

BTW, my apologies for all the 'no longer participating' notices that must have been sent out yesterday when I cleaned up my email back-log! I was way over-due to purge the oldies.

Going to work out with hubby this morning then hopefully get started on decorating today. I'm usually in the full swing of things by now. But, this will be my first year as an 'Empty Nester' and I'm feeling a bit down knowing that our traditions will be changing again this year. This too shall pass...

Wishing you all love and peace day!

Scrap Smart
Mayor
Scrap Smart
In response to Dawna.s Place

I plan on NO decorating this year--except for the little tree I use for craft shows & it will only have ornaments from the Nutcracker Sweet swap. I just don't see the point of getting everything out & no one will see it or enjoy it! The only thing about it, I usually "deep-clean" when I decorate--but, oh well, this to shall pass!

I'm having sales withdrawal!! No sales since Thurs. I had a craft show on Thurs & sold 1 item! I had planned on having all those advent calendars to sell, & then only had 3 small ones (of which, I sold 1 & sold 1 other on-line during). The only good thing was I didn't have to pay a table fee and I got to see alot of old friends. Had a "cr@ppy" location, kind of stuck in a little hallway bump-out & not very visible. The display across from me was some anti-wrinkle cream that sold for $90 for a bottle that would last 1 month--R U Kidding ME?!!
And she seemed to do really well--go figure!

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Scrap Smart

• Scrap Smart Said:
I plan on NO decorating this year--except for the little tree I use for craft shows & it will only have ornaments from the Nutcracker Sweet swap. I just don't see the point of getting everything out & no one will see it or enjoy it! The only thing about it, I usually "deep-clean" when I decorate--but, oh well, this to shall pass!

I'm having sales withdrawal!! No sales since Thurs. I had a craft show on Thurs & sold 1 item! I had planned on having all those advent calendars to sell, & then only had 3 small ones (of which, I sold 1 & sold 1 other on-line during). The only good thing was I didn't have to pay a table fee and I got to see alot of old friends. Had a "cr@ppy" location, kind of stuck in a little hallway bump-out & not very visible. The display across from me was some anti-wrinkle cream that sold for $90 for a bottle that would last 1 month--R U Kidding ME?!!
And she seemed to do really well--go figure!

You know us women, we hate to wrinkle. Sorry to hear that you did not do well there. I am sure that sales will pick up again.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Lorna Lee

Passing thru I got home from work at 6pm and I am tired....I think Im getting to old to work.... Can I retire? Yeah yeah I know not for another 17 years.

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Martica

I feel you Martica. I too am so ready but my bank account and SS isn't.

Scrap Smart
Mayor
Scrap Smart
In response to Lorna Lee

I like to think I'm retired--but we'll see. As long as DH doesn't start complaining,or the dream job comes along, then I hope to stay that way!

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Scrap Smart

Good morning beautiful ladies. May I tell you all once again that you have all become very special in my life. Though many of us have not met face to face, we have become a family. A support system. I look forward to seeing those loving AVIs. Though not the same as seeing your smailing faces in person, I can just imagine them.

Have a wonderful blessed day. May you each feel loved today.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics