Username Post: Brats Corner Latte Shop        (Topic#1568161)
provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to maggieanne

Good morning ladies!

Jo, my heart goes out to you and yoru family, and I hope that you were all ale to get through yesterday.

Bren and Yvonne, prayers to your family members facing this difficult diagnosis.

Bren, good luck with your dental work (today is it??)

Lorna, that's wonderful that Ashley is coming around with you! Keep up the good work!

Brrr . . . it's cold today. At least the sun is bright and there isn't any wind; but it sure is chilly!

Maggie, I just placed quite an order for veneers! I can't wait to get all my goodies! Thanks for the connection.

I didn't get to any more of my Christmas decorations last night. I was pooped after work and just decided to veg out in front of my nutcracker display and enjoy the lights shining all around them.

Well, back to work .. . have a great day ladies!

laceyKat
Angel
laceyKat
In response to Lorna Lee

• Lorna Lee Said:
Good morning lovely ladies. We are over the hump. One more day until payday. Yea!!! I want to shop! It has been somewhat of a tough week. My son needed a little help as he just started a new job. It cramped my style a bit but I am blessed that I was able to help him.
I took my step daughter to her boyfriends house last night because she forgot her phone. Since it was church night, it had to be a quick visit. I got to meet his parents and they are lovely Christian people. My DH was home when we got back and I told him about the visit. I am still not sure why people have to be so ignorant and cannot give others a chance. In our house this kid is going to be judged on his actions not on his skin tone. Both he and Ashley need to be modivated to get off thier duffs and work and go to school. He has said that we wants to go into the military (Army). When I got home I informed Ashley that she was making dinner. Of course I bought Tyson chicken nuggets and took out a box of scallop potatoes. I am starting off easy. I told her that I appreciated her help with dinner and the fact that she unloaded the dish washer for me (which I started before I left for church). I told her that it was starting to feel more like a family. Families help each other. I am really trying to work on what her mom never did with her. Even thou she is almost 19, I may be able to teach her a few things. I keep praying to be a good influence and not get hung up on negitive things. I believe with all my heart that God put me with Roy for a reason. The Holy Spirit told me a long time ago that I had work to do with the kids. It has been a seriously long hard road. I pray that I can make a difference. Next I am going to have Ashley watch me make something for dinner and help me so that she learns how to cook. I have tears as I tell you these things because look how far we have come in the last 7 months. If you remember the girls would not even talk to us or come to our house for 2 months after we moved. Enough of my rambles.... I have serious work here in the office.
I love you all and I want you to know that I value the friendship and sisterhood that you have shown me. God bless you.

Awwww... Lorna!!!! I think that is so wonderful of you!!! She will so appreciate it later in life and will look back with sweet memories because of you!!

laceyKat
Angel
laceyKat
In response to laceyKat

Good to see you, Miss Vicki!!! come back again!!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to laceyKat

Good morning!

Lorna, so proud of you for hanging in there and creating an environment that allowed them to feel comfortable in your home. A lot of change in 7 months! They have a special step mom!

Bren, praying everything goes well today!!!

Anna, be careful, those veneers can become addictive!!!!

Maggie, how's mom feeling?

I had a bad case of RLS last night. 4 am I look Requip....so now I am sleepy and nauseous. Will see the hand surgeon later today. Hand still hurts, still swollen, and strength hasn't come back! And if that's not enough, this cold has gotten worse....my ears, sinus, cough..... I am one hot mess! Need to see medical dr and get me some antibiotics. Sorry for the whine, anyone bring the cheese???

Later

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to Linnny

A quick stop to say hi and see what's going on.

Deb no I do not get to see my aunt since she is in Sweden and we are going to Spain (4 hrs fligth between those counties). My next trip to Sweden will be in 2014 I think, have to go home and renew my passport then.

Happy Thursday everyone, take care!

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Euroalien

Linny, I hope that you get some relief soon.

Martica, you were taking about stocking stuffers for co-workers. Every year I do a little thing for each one in our office area (Dept). Sometimes at Easter too. Candy at Holloween etc. I found some little small Christmas stockings at the $1 Store. They are all different and there were 2 in a pack. I am going to use some stickles and write each person's name on them. Then when no one is around, I will use command strip hooks to put them on each office door. I thought that I might get a box of candy canes and put one in each. Maybe another type of Christmas candy in a week. Only those that know me well, will know right away it is me.

BTW, what are veneers?? Do I need them????

Edited by Lorna Lee on 12-06-12 10:51 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Scrap Smart
Mayor
Scrap Smart
In response to Lorna Lee

• Lorna Lee Said:
Linny, I hope that you get some relief soon.

Martica, you were taking about stocking stuffers for co-workers. Every year I do a little thing for each one in our office area (Dept). Sometimes at Easter too. Candy at Holloween etc. I found some little small Christmas stockings at the $1 Store. They are all different and there were 2 in a pack. I am going to use some stickles and write each person's name on them. Then when no one is around, I will use command strip hooks to put them on each office door. I thought that I might get a box of candy canes and put one in each. Maybe another type of Christmas candy in a week. Only those that know me well, will know right away it is me.

BTW, what are veneers?? Do I need them????

I was wondering the same thing--LOL!

laceyKat
Angel
laceyKat
In response to Scrap Smart

me too, but was too afraid to ask!

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to laceyKat

If it's the same as we use here at work so is VENEER a sheet of wood - (pretty expensive and really hard wood) we use it to make fixtures out of it for welding.

Scrap Smart
Mayor
Scrap Smart
In response to Euroalien

All I could think of was for your teeth!

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee

I thought of both of those things too. But sounded like something fun to craft with. Come on Anna & Linny, spill it.....

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to Lorna Lee

LOL -- they are little shapes cut out of veneer -- really thin wood. They have dimension like chipboard and are about as thick, but they're not bendable. Here's a link to the lady's photobucket site that shows them:

http://s356.beta.photobucket.com/user/dgmcrae/library/ W...

Sometimes photobucket acts kind of wonky and you won't see anything, but if it links, you can see all the pretties!! Oh, and Lorna, to answer your question -- of course you NEED them!!! LOL

Edited by provinca on 12-06-12 02:51 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Scrap Smart
Mayor
Scrap Smart
In response to provinca

Having a very busy, happy day! And why do you say? Headed out in the morning to Colorado to see the granddaughter (oh, and her dad & mom too)!
LOL! She is 2-1/2 and we do not get to see them nearly enough! It's about an 8 hr drive, so leaving as soon as I take Gracie & puppies into the vet to be boarded. I have neglected to tell you we have 4 puppies (about 10 days old). Next thing I know those of you that know me are going to say--I thought Gracie couldn't have any more puppies since she was hit by a truck. Well, guess what, she didn't have a bit of trouble having them! 3 girls, 1 boy--2 cream colored & 2 blk w/white feet. I haven't posted any pics because I don't think they look too cute until their eyes are open, but I can if you would like to take a peek.

So I spent over 3 hrs. this afternoon cleaning out that pit DH calls his truck. It was GROSS! I don't think he learned how to take care of anything growing up--it's sad! We are taking the kids (his son & family) a load of wood for their fireplace. I made cookies & some snack crackers & DH got some venison summer sausage from one of his buddies to take along.

It's the only Christmas we will probably have, since his other son lives in Phoenix & my two are not speaking to me. It's been a year now. Makes me so sad I want to cry! My family is getting together the 29th with a birthday celebration for my dad's 80th. His brothers & sisters have been planning it & are coming from as far away as CA.

My goodness--I've written a book! My apologies!
Love & prayers to all!

Martica
Queen
Martica

So glad that many of you had a lovely day....I spoke to my DGS today..... He said "I Love you Oma" , mind you he speaks German only. He is learning english but has a lot to go. Hope to bring him for vacation next August I hope. I have not seen him since he was 3 yrs old in March he will be 8 yrs old, I miss him so much....But I am happy he will be visiting.

Edited by Martica on 12-06-12 06:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Martica

Martica, how exciting that your dgs will be visiting!!!!!

Susie, I still pray that at some point your family will come together....I can't imagine that kind of heartache.

Oh those veneers! They are really lovely. I was planning on placing another order, then my muse left town.....but the calendar swap is bringing it back!

I would LOOOOOVE to have veneers on my teeth....40 years of smoking (quit 10 yrs ago)!!!!

Dentist was $1200 per tooth. I told him before I would pay that much on my teeth, I would have a face lift and get this gobble gobble thingy that hangs in the wind removed! I am so self conscience of it. 50 yrs of losing and gaining and losing and gaining....there is no elasticity to my face.

How did we get here....see what happen when i take my lunesta and wait for it to work.........

I have to get up early for Pain managment appointment so I'm trying to get to sleep by midnight.

I have this insane sneezing...if I don't quick cross my legs, i'm pee peeing in me granny bloomers! Think I better by pads. Haven't bought them since the mid80's, bet they've changed a bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK......so here you all have yet another book.

the end

laceyKat
Angel
laceyKat
In response to Linnny

linny.. you are a true sweet heart!!! i just love your "the end"s....

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to laceyKat

Linny you can get panties now instead of pads and they are sooo much more comfortable. I have the same issue if I sneeze so I know allll about those panties

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to Drayia

Hi Miss Kat!!!
I love those veneers, but I always called them wood cut outs!! LOL! They are fun to paint and decorate for holidays or someone's birthday! I used to buy them at michaels, then when I was moving I stocked up!! I use the hearts for feet on paper towel tube dolls. Fun stuff tho and you can rubber stamp on them too for ornaments! We finally have snow again so I have to go to sleep so I can wake up before it all melts
Happy Friday Everybody!

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to catzscrapper

Good morning everyone.

I love the wood veneers! I think I'm a "wood" hoarder lol I have so much dusty attic, scrap fx. those wood veneers...sometimes I think they multiply in the drawer when I'm not looking!

I have to get my grandkids off the bus today. half day. My son & dil are passing papers today on their very first house and won't be home in time for the bus. I'm praying that all goes well and it doesn't have to be postponed. The listing agent didn't have all the paperwork needed but swears he'll have it for the closing. They're so stressed out right now and there's nothing I can do or say to help. Please, please let it all go smoothly for them!

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to maggieanne

Linny, you crack me up! The pany liners they have out on the market today do the trick! lol

Well, I'd better get moving. I have to finish my coffee and then get dressed. I'll check back when I get home later! Hugs everyone.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics