Username Post: Brats Corner Latte Shop        (Topic#1568161)
Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Lorna Lee

Temps have dropped more. It is now 45 degrees. burrr........

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Lorna Lee

Good morning!

My cold is worse....feel so horrible; can't even think about going to see the doctor; probably need meds....oy! Whatever happened to the old family dr who make house visits!!!!

Scrap Smart
Mayor
Scrap Smart
In response to Linnny

Good Morning, my lovelies! Had a fabulous trip to CO, got home late last night. Came home to bitter cold, though, 16 degrees!! It snowed in Denver while we were there--but no snow here. I posted a picture my stepson took of me snuggled on the couch with granddaughter, Audrey on FB. I know many of you commented & much appreciated!

Sold several more items thru my Etsy shop, which I need to box up, or finish--or START!--LOL! So busy day--but I will try to post some pics of the puppies--can't believe how much they grew over just the weekend! No eyes open yet, though.

Feel better Bren, Linny, Deb & anyone else who is feeling down. Later!

ILOVEPAPILLONS
Mayor
ILOVEPAPILLONS
In response to Scrap Smart

Linny hope the cold gets better.

I miss my family so much at Christmas Time but I guess if we look at what we have in life and compare to people in other countries, we live in an amazing country. That's why I like Thanksgiving, no pressure with presents and just so much to be thankful for. Thinking of all you ladies and your families and praying that 2013 will be a great year for all.
Big hugs.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to ILOVEPAPILLONS

Brrrrrrr, it is 34 degrees here also and snowing. The first snowfall of the winter.

I'm showered, dressed and ran some errands and now I'm heading in to my scrap area to play.

hvn101
hvn101 
Diva
hvn101
In response to midnitescrapper

hi ladies I am still here just stalking and praying for all of us. Surgery seemed to help, I have full range of motion in my neck. The RA is getting worse. So much pain. I take lyrica and Cymbalta plus a new med they started me on. My dominant hand has bad arthritis and not great at cutting ar scrapping. I have lost my mojo. Here what all of you have gone thru makes my little problems seem tiny.

I dislike Christmas. My ex husband left me a few days before, good riddance but my daughter choose him. Its been 9 months since she decided not to see me. I have no family here. I put up a tree to try to find the spirit. SO off to fix something to eat. Love and prayers for all of you.

hvn101
hvn101 
Diva
hvn101
In response to midnitescrapper

hi ladies I am still here just stalking and praying for all of us. Surgery seemed to help, I have full range of motion in my neck. The RA is getting worse. So much pain. I take lyrica and Cymbalta plus a new med they started me on. My dominant hand has bad arthritis and not great at cutting or scrapping. I have lost my mojo. Here what all of you have gone thru makes my little problems seem tiny.

I dislike Christmas. My ex husband left me a few days before, good riddance but my daughter choose him. Its been 9 months since she decided not to see me. I have no family here. I put up a tree to try to find the spirit. SO off to fix something to eat. Love and prayers for all of you.

ILOVEPAPILLONS
Mayor
ILOVEPAPILLONS
In response to hvn101

Keep warm Deb. Heather hope you feel better soon.

Thought I would share my crazy idea with you to make you smile. We are taking our two papillons on a road trip over Christmas and they shed so much hair in the car, so I am going to buy them baby grows, cut a hole in for the tail and when we stop I will take them off so that they can relieve themselves. What do you think?

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter

I think you're funny Glenda LOL - go for it!

Lorna I know what you mean we were in the 70's yesterday.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to scrapwriter

Well I am thankful to God for all the blessings we/my family and I have, but when is this rut we are in going to change for the good.
There is a job I applied for in Sept and I am still waiting. Hubby out of work, I have a crappy job, I have gotten 3 flat tires in 2 months. My washer just broke last night. And now the lock to my house is acting up . Now my son who lives in Tallahassee which is supposed to be coming for Xmas will have to head back to Tallahassee on Xmas day we will get to see him and his wife 3 days and I will be working Xmas eve so 2 days for me.... I am really loosing my patience and believe me it takes a lot for me to lose it.

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Martica

Oh Martica, I am so sorry. You really have been facing a lot of challenges. For the lock, try putting graphite in it. That usually does the trick. Wish I could help with some of the other stuff for you. Big hugs coming your way.

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to Lorna Lee

Martica I am so sorry you are still struggling. I know when I went almost 2 years with emotional side effects from the attack that I didn't think it would ever end. I'll keep praying.

You may find it's cheaper to go to craigs list and get a washer. I got a great deal for 100 bucks and 5 years still working.

Martica
Queen
Martica

Thanks everyone....

Scrap Smart
Mayor
Scrap Smart
In response to Martica

What is your washer doing, Martica? Don't know if I can help, but I worked in tv/appl store for 11 yrs & maybe I could shed some light.

All I know, it's seems like when it rains, it pours & bad things happen to good people. Sometimes it sure seems like our burdens get to be alot to handle!!

ILOVEPAPILLONS
Mayor
ILOVEPAPILLONS
In response to Scrap Smart

So sorry Martica, I really pray that things turn around for you.

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee

Good morning sweet ladies.
This little Texas girl is COLD. Woke up to 36 degrees. whaaaa..... I want my shorts weather back. My aging bones hurt..... whaaaa......
okay, now that I have whinned.
Have a blessed day ladies. Know that I continue to pray for each and everyone of you every night.
love and hugs to all

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Good morning!

Martica, you have every right to complain. You have been the strongest, most positive person I know. Always expressing thankfulness for all you have!!!! I pray your needs will be favoured.

Bren, how is your mouth feeling. Praying for your healing.

Heather, so sorry your dh chose this time of year; praying your daughter realizes she will always only have one mom. And it's a relationship that doesn't always go as one would like, but it's one that's so important in our lives.

Glenda, I would love to see a pic of your pooches in their car getups......it's a great idea!

I went to the dr last night....I have an upper respiratory infection. Gave me antibiotics, nasal spray and a cough medicine that knocked me out. I slept from around midnight to 7:30 am....felt good!

May your day bring many blessings

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to Linnny

Linny - Thank you for asking. The antibiotics finally started kicking in so the pain is finally starting to reduce. I had this one other time and it only took 3 days for it to quit hurting so I was irritated at the fact that it took longer this time.

My prayers are with all of you at this time of year. It has been suggested to me that if you look to help another you will forget your own down feelings at this time of year and it seems to work. This year I'm passing out brown bag lunches to the homeless on Christmas day and looking forward to it as well.

Hope you all find something worth lifting yours and anothers spirits this year.

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee

• scrapwriter Said:
Linny - Thank you for asking. The antibiotics finally started kicking in so the pain is finally starting to reduce. I had this one other time and it only took 3 days for it to quit hurting so I was irritated at the fact that it took longer this time.

My prayers are with all of you at this time of year. It has been suggested to me that if you look to help another you will forget your own down feelings at this time of year and it seems to work. This year I'm passing out brown bag lunches to the homeless on Christmas day and looking forward to it as well.

Hope you all find something worth lifting yours and anothers spirits this year.

The ladies here at work adopt a nursing home every year. This is year 5. Year 4 for the same home. I found a very poor home 4 years ago and we continue to take gifts to them. It started out as just the ladies and now we have opened it up to all. Our goal is to make sure every resident has a gift. My trunk is loaded right now with 60 throws that need to be wrapped. Helping others at this time of year does really bring the meaning home. Bren, I think what you are doing is wonderful. Do you do this with an organization or just randomly?

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to Lorna Lee

No I do it with another gal from work and her sister. We aren't with any organization but I don't mind orgs at all either. The only thing I don't like about big organizations is the bigger they get the more money they need for overhead which takes away from the goal.

However I do always take an angel tree name and try to spoil some young kid. I just think it's a lot of fun and I'm selfish because it makes me feel good.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics