Username Post: Brats Corner Latte Shop        (Topic#1568161)
DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to scrapwriter

I have been totally blessed today. My dog Jazzy had a mass in her the size of a softball and I've been so worried sick about it but with meds it has now shrunk to half it's size. I will no longer complain that I don't have a job and may lose our warm home, or that my car is 11 years old and doesn't seem to like the cold weather, or that I'm fat and wish I was thin. We don't get everything we need but I was given my jazzy back and it's what I wanted most. I'm pretty sure I walked out of the vet glowing.

ILOVEPAPILLONS
Mayor
ILOVEPAPILLONS
In response to DKravec

It's so wonderful that you ladies do so much good at Christmas. You have inspired me to think of something to do with my son.

Deb that is such wonderful news about your Jazzy, they are such a big part of the family. You must be so relieved.

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to ILOVEPAPILLONS

It makes me feel good when u see what people are doing for each other instead of just buying "stuff" for x-mas.
Last week our HR and I went out and bought things like warm clothes and books/toys (for kids) for 500 dollar that the company gives and we go and donate the whole thing to Salvation Army for the give away they have next week.

Deb so glad your Jazzy is doing good, an early present for you, that is what counts!

Bren thinking about you and happy your pain pills finally start working.

Linny hope you are feeling better now when you got some meds in your system.

Thinking about you all and hope things are going well..

Still fighting my bad cold.... counting time till I can go home and rest and take a nap zzzzzz....

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to DKravec

• DKravec Said:
I have been totally blessed today. My dog Jazzy had a mass in her the size of a softball and I've been so worried sick about it but with meds it has now shrunk to half it's size. I will no longer complain that I don't have a job and may lose our warm home, or that my car is 11 years old and doesn't seem to like the cold weather, or that I'm fat and wish I was thin. We don't get everything we need but I was given my jazzy back and it's what I wanted most. I'm pretty sure I walked out of the vet glowing.

I would have been crying. In fact I will admit that I have tears in my eyes. That is your baby and I am very happy for you.

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to Lorna Lee

Deb so glad Jazzy is on the mend. Your fur babies are so good and I really enjoyed meeting each and every one of them. You have enough family and friends that I hope you know we won't let you fall. I have a spare room if you can tolerate Texas...oh wait, it's my house and the heat level that would bother you LOL.

I do apologize if I bothered anyone sharing the things I like to do at the holidays. I really am selfish in that I get so much out of it. But I never want to imply that I'm doing 'enough' because to me I'm never doing 'enough'.

Love you all! Yvonne praying for a more comfortable time for you and thank you again for contacting me last week and making me feel cared for. I'm such a totally blessed person.

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee

Bren, I for one think that it is a great thing you are doing. I see what I do as such a little thing but it makes me feel good. I like knowing where my donations are going. It seems more personal that way. Kind of like donating clothing. I would so rather give it to someone that I know who needs it. Sometimes my mind over thinks things and I start thinking about (the overhead) and who actually profits. That is why I asked about the lunches. That sound so wonderful. I would love to hear more about who, where, how etc. My step daughters do a lot of talking but I want to find something for them to put actions to. You just never know who you are touching.

Heb 13:2
Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Lorna Lee

Thank you my friends for all your support

I need all of you to pray for Matham he is Celia Clifford's grandson 5 yrs old. Mother went to pick him up from school and he is missing.He had a substitute teacher, takes the bus to daycare after school at 3pm, he never showed up at daycare but his brother did..... Please pray for his safe return.....I will keep you all posted.

Edited by Martica on 12-11-12 04:44 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to Martica

Oh no Martica. I hope the subsitute teacher just put him on the wrong bus or something. Please dear Lord, let him be okay!

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to maggieanne

Deb, I'm so glad Jazzy is okay! I would be heart broken if anything happened to Brady, my son's family doggie. Since I watched him for a week when the kids went to Disney we got so close. I wasn't really a dog person, I've always had cats but he's so grown on me! lol

Bren, you're doing such an unselfish thing and you should feel proud! Some friends of mine do "spirit bundles" for local families in need every Christmas and I know we get a lot more out of it than the families!

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne

To date, Spirit Bundles has been the most rewarding thing I do. It's very little really but it feels so good!

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter

Martica my prayers for his safe return.

Maggie and Lorna that's why I always call myself selfish - I get so much out of it...more than they do I'm certain.

Martica
Queen
Martica

Thank God they found the little boy he was put on the wrong bus. How they found him, I don't know but he is with his mom now...... Thank you ladies....

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to midnitescrapper

Oh Oh I got a sore throat. I feel a little out of sorts.....hope I don't get sick. I can't afford missing work and I don't have health insurance anymore.

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Martica

Get those vitamins going Martica. A hot totty and bed. We have all been sick this year. The weather changes back and forth plus pollen. GERMS!!! Wish we could just make a pact not to get sick and it would work. I cannot afford to be sick anymore.

elizabeth97
Veteran
elizabeth97
In response to Martica

Hello friends. I have been struggling lately with my anxiety and haven't felt much like talking. I hope you understand.

Jennifer comes home on Saturday. I can't wait, so excited!!!! We will put up our tree after she comes home. She got all A's this semester. I am so proud of her.

I worked today and I am so tired. My feet are killing me. I had to take 2 muscle relaxers for my back earlier. I had a rough day at work.

I will take some time and read back a few pages to see what is going on with everyone.

hugs

Edited by elizabeth97 on 12-11-12 06:51 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to elizabeth97

Elizabeth, hope you're feeling better soon. Maybe your daughter being home will help with your anxiety.

Martica, I was so hoping that was the case with the little boy! Thanks for letting us know, I couldn't think of anything else because you just never know!

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne

Martica, everyone is getting sick it seems! I think it's the weather, at least for around here. When we don't have those few days in a row of freezing weather to kill all the germs everyone gets sick! It's been rainy but no low temps yet, between 40s and 50s. Not good! My son has a horrible sinus infection after 3 weeks and he's finally on an atibiotic. he has to leave for San Franciso tomorrow morning for business so I would appreciate it if everyone could say a prayer to keep him safe in his travels and not have the flying affect his health problems! Flying across the country when you have a sinus infection and ear problems is not fun!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Hey girlies.....I slept on and off the whole day and night. Just couldn't get my head off the pillow....it felt like it weighed 100 lbs.

Martica, sorry you are starting to feel sick...hope you wake up tomorrow feeling better. Maybe you throat was just dry...hope, hope, hope!!!

Debbie!!!!! So happy to hear the good news about Jazzy! That is the best gift ever!!!

I really like the watch I picked out that dh is giving me, but having Camille under my tree is the bestest gift I could ever receive!

Bren, I love to hear what you all do.... My gf was just telling me about the tree at her church and how she took a few requests and went shopping for a couple of teenage girls who requested sweaters. I'm going to call my parish to see if they have any program for Christmas. I really should do more than I do. I send donations to various organizations, but haven't done much hands on stuff. I'm sure it would be so much more rewarding.

OK....nighty nite. Praying we all feel better in the morn.

So thankful they found that little boy!!!

Edited by Linnny on 12-11-12 09:14 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

pinkalicious
Guru
pinkalicious
In response to Linnny

Hi Ladies,
A quick "HELLO" Looks like 'tis the season for colds and flu" Hope everyone starts to feel better. So happy they found that little boy! Poor mother, what a scare!
Was happy to hear that Jazzy is healing! I love my little HoHo. Can't imagine what you must of felt like. Christmas is the time for giving. Looks like alot of you are already preparing. We have a tree with names on it and hats, gloves, scarves, and warm footies that gets given away to those who need it.
Martica, I wish I was closer to you to help. Don't give up though. You and your family is healthy and THAT is the most important thing. Having health, you can always make money. That's what my grandfather taught me years ago and I teach that to my children. Hang in there. hugs. Heather, happy to hear you put up a tree. Get better soon.
I actually went to work tonight for the first time in 3 weeks. Came home early and really, haven't accomplished much. So another late night and early morn to sleep half the day away and then a Dr.'s appt for my son.
Hope all of you have a great day!
Hugs to all of you.

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to pinkalicious

Good morning sweet ladies. Happy 12-12-12 to you. At 12 after noon, it will be 12-12-12, 12:12.
I hope that this day finds everyone feeling much better. Martica, if you still have a sore throat today, get in to the redi-clinic and get some meds. You may be able to get in and out at lunch. We went out to see if we could find a tree last night. I wanted to do that this week end when it was warm and beautiful. There were great trees every where for $25 - $29. No one had anything but a couple of stranglers last night. Unless we wanted to pay a fortune at the nursery. Not this girl! It was so darn cold. Whipped the spirit right out of my sail. I do not like cold. Need I say, we did not buy a tree. Everyone said, "Oh you should have been here this weekend". Of which I turned and looked at DH and Ashley, with the look. The rest of the house is decorated so nice.
I want my 70 degree Christmas weather! waaaa!
Ok, enough whinning, I have to get to working.
Wishing each of you a blessed day with high spirits and good health. Love and hugs

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics