Username Post: Brats Corner Latte Shop        (Topic#1568161)
maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to maggieanne

Susie, that's awful about your power outage, especially during the winter! Glad you're safe and warm again.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Good morning!!!!

I LOVE this time of the year, but I try to do more than my body is able to and yikes, I could barely get off the bed this morning....I'm walking like the hunch back of Notre Dam! Hope I straighten out by tonight when we finally have the pleasure of doing the laundry! God bless my honey, he doesn't let me do any of the work...I'm the supervisor!!!

Got all the food and pickins my son Brian likes to eat. He'll be coming home for Christmas this year!!!!! Doing Christmas eve at my house with dh's family. Sunday we have a Christmas EVE EVE at my auntie's house. Then Christmas day I'll be with both my sons at my niece's home!!!! Full schedule here!!!!! I better eat my Wheaties!

Shana....wow, you have some schedule! But it's all so joyful!

Glenda, so happy to finally see you! You are so pretty girlie!!!!

Lorna, I'm finally going to get to sign the petition. Debbie, thanks for putting it on the first page!

Susie, hope you get your power back quickly!

Bren I to didn't send cards out this year. I was in Barnes and Noble yesterday and picked up the most beautiful 3-dimenional cards to put money and gift card presents into.

My thoughts are scattered as I didn't take notes as to what I was plannning to say.....

KATIE!!!!! Please, please, please, get to a meeting! You do not have to wait for finances to start the process of getting healthy. Praying for you hon!

OK.....later

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Linnny

Lorna, I signed the petition!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Linnny

Read all the pages and can't remember what I wanted to say. Story of my life. But I will say that God has blessed me with all my friends.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to DKravec

I'm laughing my arse off here. Anyone watch IMPRACTICAL JOKERS! I might just throw away all my meds and just take a shot of this show everyday...... it is soooo funny!!!! In NY it's on True TV Ch 246 on DIRECTV.

ILOVEPAPILLONS
Mayor
ILOVEPAPILLONS
In response to Linnny

Hi ladies. Linny your avi is adorable and thank you for the comments on mine.

Hope everyone is doing well, I am on my way out and just wanted to wish you all a wonderful evening.

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to ILOVEPAPILLONS

Hi beautiful ladies. Linny that AVI is amazing. I just love it. I finally finished my MIL's gift, got shopping done for the little guy. I still need to go to the grocery store, make cookies and wrap gifts.

I want to wish each of you a very safe and Merry Christmas. Big gigantic hugs to each of you. I love you. If you are traveling, please be careful. God bless you one and all. (thanks Tiny Tim)

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Lorna Lee

Hi ladies well its cold here brrrrr. Its 52 but feels like its 42....That is considered freezing here.....hehehe

hvn101
hvn101 
Diva
hvn101
In response to Martica

It is 37 as of 2am here now Martica. Too cold for Floridians. My poor furnace is running.

I understand funk. I have no mojo to work I got great gifts from two ladies missing the secrete sister swap. I love you ladies. Lots of ornaments from some talented ladies in my group and not. I have more presents then ever. Living alone without family is hard this time of year. I lost my mom and grandfather 13 years ago this time of year then 3 years ago my husband left me so. I used to love Christmas with family we never went over board lots of homemade gifts etc, just family time. So now you guys are my family.......

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to hvn101

Heather I am sorry you're in a funk for the holidays. I've been in funks at other times of year but thankfully this is such a spirit filled holiday for me even though I'm alone like yourself (I don't even have women friends in the area) it still manages to be the most wonderful time of the year.

Have you considered going to a battered women's shelter to pass out blankets or small toiletries? Or maybe your local soup kitchen to serve others? If you have children's homes in your state they always love chocolate.

I'll be praying for you today that God will lift your spirit

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to hvn101

Heather I am sorry you're in a funk for the holidays. I've been in funks at other times of year but thankfully this is such a spirit filled holiday for me even though I'm alone like yourself (I don't even have women friends in the area) it still manages to be the most wonderful time of the year.

Have you considered going to a battered women's shelter to pass out blankets or small toiletries? Or maybe your local soup kitchen to serve others? If you have children's homes in your state they always love chocolate.

I'll be praying for you today that God will lift your spirit

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to scrapwriter

It is the eve before the eve before Christmas.

Imagine this:

Here you are on some a$$ (now I just date them), in a dust filled middle eastern flatland. Your tailbone hurts from being jostled for a couple of days now. You've got that dust grit hanging all over you and no place to wash it off, you're tired, your 9 months pregnant and you smell. You love God but you're beginning to wonder what you did to get this 'gift'. A large part of your family isn't talking to you since you got knocked up out of wedlock. Your husband has never touched you (says something about God told him not to - hmmmmm) since your marrital day. You know you have another day + to go before you can finally rest a bit and rest is becoming a top priority.

My friends on this day 2012 years (give or take a few lunar months) is exactly what Mary was going through. Can you even imagine? I do not have that kind of dedication to the Lord; I want epidurals and semi-private sterile hospital rooms. But Mary, well she had FAITH. How she could have it is unimaginable in a time where pregnancy out of wedlock in some tribes could get you stoned. She did though. This young (not even 16) woman had FAITH that God knew what He was doing.

As you go through the day before Christmas Eve remember - whether we know what He's doing, God DOES know what Hes doing. Just like those that were delayed for strange reasons on the day of 9/11 and their lives spared, so we are being cared for behind the scenes even if we cannot possibly see how our situation is being cared for.

I love you all and pray that this day is one of joy and contentment for you.

Luke 2:4-7

4 So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. 5 He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child. 6 While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, 7 and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.

Proverbs 18:10 The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run into it and are safe.

Deuteronomy 31:8 It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to scrapwriter

Love that image Bren, how brave and faithful she was. Have a Merry Christmas my Blessed Friends and Choosen Family. I will leave you with this quick cute video. Love kids and their views on the Real reason for Christmas
http://youtu.be/iF7O1JOzsEY

Dawna.s Place
Mayor
Dawna.s Place

• maggieanne Said:
Dawna, I must have been typing when you posted. It sounds like you will be expanding your scrapping talents in a new direction! That's awesome and I'm sure Scraputaunte is going to miss your talent!

Thank you Maggie. I'm hoping that taking a break will help put some passion and joy back into my crafting. It's been a real challenge for me to hang in there for a year long commitment. Don't get me wrong, I really appreciated the opportunity and I learned quite a bit so I'm grateful for the experience. But I am looking forward to "doing my own thing" this next year!

Dawna.s Place
Mayor
Dawna.s Place

• maggieanne Said:

My LSS has asked me to teach a monthly class that Graphic45 is sponsoring local scrapping stores. I picked everything up today for Jan., they're using the Moments in time pps or whatever they're called. I think it will be fun and will do me good to get out and teach again. i don't think I've taught a class since Al died.

That's awesome Maggie! I'm sure your going to have a great time teaching!

Dawna.s Place
Mayor
Dawna.s Place
In response to Dawna.s Place

Bren, Thank you for taking the time to share from the Word of God. There is power in His Word and I love reading from it myself.

Shana Thank you for sharing that sweet video! Merry Christmas everyone!

Glenda love you new avi, you've been greatly missed around here! So happy to see you posting!

Suzie so glad you power is back on, what an ordeal!

It's strange but somehow every year, somewhere in all the trappings and madness, there comes a moment when it actually feels like Christmas. That moment came for me this past as week as I cared for my friend and her family during Prentiss's wake. She laid him to rest on Thursday and while I stayed behind from the funeral service to prepare food and drink for returning visitors, I could feel God's presence in everything I did. By ministering to others, my sorrow had been lifted and I could feel His presence and love everywhere. In the days since then I finished all my shopping, took care of my donations, wrapped all my gifts, made and mailed out a few cards with a great deal of God's love and joy in my heart.

Today I will be baking cookies for my neighbors and decorating our family room tree. Tomorrow I will cook a traditional turkey dinner for our Christmas Eve Celebration with family. I have so much to be thankful for this Christmas. My heart is full and overflowing.

For those of you who haven't yet "felt" the Christmas spirit, it's my prayer that you reach out to others, in any way that you can, and let God fill you with His peace and love today. Merry Christmas my sweet friends! Blessings to all!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec

Morning all. Brenn, I loved the visual. Thank you.

37 but sunny today. I do believe I may get a few things done.

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne

Thanks Dawna! I haven't taught classes in over 2 years and I really miss it. I'm also hoping I get my mojo and passion back.

I went out last minute shopping until midnight last night, now I just have to wrap everything. I'll be heading to Maddie's scoccer game in awhile and then over to watch the Patriots at my son's. I'm hoping to get home early evening to relax and watch a Christmas movie or two.

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne

Heather, I'm so sorry you're alone for the holidays and having the blues. For some, this time of year is especially hard for many reasons. If you live in an apt. invite your neighbors over for coffee and get to know them. You'd be surprised to find there might be others right near you that are also alone.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to DKravec

Good morning!

Bren, your writing is magical. It not only is visual, but it makes you think and feel and sometimes cry, and sometimes nod, and sometimes just smile. I love you for who you are and what you share with us.

I have a Christmas Eve Eve celebration today at my auntie's house. So, need to get myself in gear....

Wishing you all a most wonderful Christmas and pray that the New Year brings each of you many, many blessings!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics