Username Post: Brats Corner Latte Shop        (Topic#1568161)
maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to maggieanne

Bren, thank you for the story in your own words, you have a way about you!

Deb, it's so cold and windy here! The sun is out but the sky looks so ominous. Some are saying they think we'll have a white Christmas...I hope so.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec

My car doesn't like the cold so I'm hoping for a bit more warmth. The window mechanism needs fixing on the drivers side so when it's cold out, it sticks. Now tell me how a person can go thru the drive thru to pick up a latte when that happens. And yes I know I can go inside but we all know I'd rather not get out of the car.

Brenn, if there are any flights left, you're more than welcome to spend Christmas with me and my family. You'd fit right in. We're all a bunch of misfits.

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to DKravec

HO HO HO!
Wishing u all a great Xmas celebration.
Enjoying my time over here in a warm Spain. Tomorrow is our Xmas and after that we have two more days, yep we celebrate Christmas all 3 days.
C u later
Hugs

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to Euroalien

Man Yvonne do I miss those days when we celebrated all three days of the holiday. So glad you got there safely and cannot wait to be regaled with stories of your adventure.

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to scrapwriter

Hi ladies.

Bren, thanks for the beautiful post (as always dear friend!)

Yvonne, I'm glad you arrived safely and are enjoying yourself.

I got my wrapping done and I'm baking, baking, baking. I went to a Christmas party last night and I "may" have had a few too many glasses of wine. LOL

My fantasy football team in in the superbowl today and I'm not doing too well. Gotta go check things out.

Have a good day.

ILOVEPAPILLONS
Mayor
ILOVEPAPILLONS
In response to provinca

Thanks Dawna.

We are leaving for Tennessee on Christmas morning and I still have so much to do.

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to ILOVEPAPILLONS

Everybody I hope you all have a fantastically Merry Christmas, Happiest Yule and Awesome Happy Hanukkah!!
We are snowed in and almost out of fuel for the snow blower! We got about 2 feet on top of what we already had and my short legs are getting stuck when I try to walk thru it in places! The driveway is about 1/4 of a mile long to get to where the neighbor plows it. We are having to shovel alot of it and I am so hurting, but it has to be done. Once we can get out we will be able to get more fuel with the $ we have. This month has not been a good one financially, but has it been for anybody? we have been working on the driveway for 2 days now and tho I love the snow, I do not like having to shovel it. I am slowly running out of my basic kitchen supplies and find that so frustrating! But we have ketchup so the man can stay happy
Thank Goodness for scrapbooking and making cards to keep me a little bit sane
Happy Thoughts and Wishes going out to you all no matter the weather where you are!

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to catzscrapper

Ladies just in case I don't come in here tomorrow I will be working and will be visiting with my kids so I would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas may it be blessed with much love and peace surrounded by family and friends.

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to Martica

Merry Christmas Eve morning!

The excitement is in the air, children won't be able to sleep tonight, dads will be up late putting together last minute toys, moms will be baking with crazy abandon, the intolerable uncle will be drunk and staggering and carrying mistletoe around trying to steal kisses, Aunt critical Carol will be going around telling everyone what's wrong but not offering any assistance other than her nasty comments (oh wait that's my childhood christmas day nevermind) LOL.

Today, make sure you stop and take a breath and remember why you are doing it all. Your loved ones that you don't often see. Recreating memories of those you had from childhood. Feeling the love of others amidst our hustle bustle world.

I wish you all a very blessed and safe day today!

Dawna.s Place
Mayor
Dawna.s Place

Merry Christmas Eve Morning Ladies,

Linny how are you loving that new Keurig coffee brewer? Is it as wonderful as it looks?

Maggie I hope you get your white Christmas!

Deb it's raining here this morning! It's cold out, but not cold enough to snow. Every now and then, we get surprised with snow flurries from our local mountains. But not this year.

Merry Christmas to you too Martica!

Yvonne so happy you made it to Spain safely! Enjoy your holiday celebration and take lots of pictures!

Glenda have a safe trip to Tennessee and enjoy your Christmas holiday.

Anna I plan on doing a little celebrating with some wine in hand tonight myself.

Janet all I can say is wow, shoveling for two days! I hope you get that snow blower fueled up before the next snowfall!

Bren are you going to be busy preparing your sack lunches for Christmas day? Bless you for sharing so much of yourself with others this holiday.

Lorna does your company give you the day off today? Or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

For those of you with little ones, here's a link to follow Santa as he delivers presents all around the world in one night! He's already on the move! http://www.google.com/santatracker/#/tracke r/world

I got the tree all decorated, the cookies all baked and the house all cleaned! Just need to cook today, do some laundry and packing for my desert trip and enjoy my family tonight.

You are all in my thoughts and prayers this morning even if I didn't mention you by name. Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas! Stay safe sweet friends! Hugs to all!

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to Dawna.s Place

Merry Christmas everyone! Just stopping in quick as i have so many last minute things to do and still wrapping. My back gave out last night after about 2 hours wrapping the kids toys. Why does every toy come pkged so it makes it almost impossible to wrap neatly? lol

I hope everyone has a very warm and blessed holiday! Al is always in my thoughts but more so today and tomorrow. I can easily choose to be teary eyed and feeling sorry for myself or I can choose smiles and hugs from my family and friends. Guess which one I'm choosing? LOL I love you all and thank you all from the bottom of my heart for always being here for me! I cherish each and every one of you...you all make me a better person! Warm hugs to all!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec

Popping in to wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas. I'll be at my sisters house all day helping her cook for our Christmas meal. And then it's Christmas day with the family tomorrow. I could have sworn it was July just yesterday. Where does the time go.

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee

• scrapwriter Said:
It is the eve before the eve before Christmas.

Imagine this:

Here you are on some a$$ (now I just date them), in a dust filled middle eastern flatland. Your tailbone hurts from being jostled for a couple of days now. You've got that dust grit hanging all over you and no place to wash it off, you're tired, your 9 months pregnant and you smell. You love God but you're beginning to wonder what you did to get this 'gift'. A large part of your family isn't talking to you since you got knocked up out of wedlock. Your husband has never touched you (says something about God told him not to - hmmmmm) since your marrital day. You know you have another day + to go before you can finally rest a bit and rest is becoming a top priority.

My friends on this day 2012 years (give or take a few lunar months) is exactly what Mary was going through. Can you even imagine? I do not have that kind of dedication to the Lord; I want epidurals and semi-private sterile hospital rooms. But Mary, well she had FAITH. How she could have it is unimaginable in a time where pregnancy out of wedlock in some tribes could get you stoned. She did though. This young (not even 16) woman had FAITH that God knew what He was doing.

As you go through the day before Christmas Eve remember - whether we know what He's doing, God DOES know what Hes doing. Just like those that were delayed for strange reasons on the day of 9/11 and their lives spared, so we are being cared for behind the scenes even if we cannot possibly see how our situation is being cared for.

I love you all and pray that this day is one of joy and contentment for you.

Luke 2:4-7

4 So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. 5 He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child. 6 While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, 7 and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.

Proverbs 18:10 The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run into it and are safe.

Deuteronomy 31:8 It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed

Thank you. That was beautiful.

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Lorna Lee

Oh sweet ladies. Before I start doing all the things that I have left to do, I want to wish my sisters a Very blessed and merry Christmas. You all are family to me. The beautiful writings, the sharing of family, the look at single like, the pains, sorrows and joys. We love together and pray together. I am blessed to be a part of you.
I spent all day yesterday shopping for a couple of last minute things for DH and groceries for tomorrow. I was in my car thinking I had snuck away unnoticed as all were asleep at amost 11:00 am when my phone rang. My step daughter Ashley wanted to know where I was going and she wanted to go. We had a great time. Came home and spent hours in the kitchen baking cookies. When it was time to decorate the sugar cookies DH went to get Karen so she could help. Now I had Ashley (almsost 19), Karen (16) and Matthew (8) at the table laughing and making these really funny looking cookies. I could not help but smile and let them know that I will miss those times when they decide that they are too old to do that anymore. I bought a Monopoly game and I played with Ashley and Matthew the night before. So last night as I finsihed cleaning up the mess. THe girls helped some first, the kids played that game that I had played so many times with my nephews and neice in my youth at this time of year. It was very enjoyable to show them the simple joys of Christmas together. There mom's do not do those things with them. I am so glad that I am able to. I just wanted to share this with you. Sorry that I am so long winded. I need to go to the store now and get some last minute things for tomorrow. DH's family is coming to our house for grub. Brisket, ham, mac and cheese and whatever they bring. Oh and let us not forget that I will be proudly be displaying Christmas cookies for all the eat and enjoy.
Merry Christmas eve my dearest friends. You may not be local where I can see you but you are always in my heart. God Bless

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Lorna Lee

Merry Christmas to all my sweet friends....Many blessings going your way.....

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to Martica

Merry Christmas everyone! I'll be at my son's all day tomorrow and then will visit with my mom and brother's family tomorrow night. Will check back the day after.

I hope everyone has a beautiful and blessed day tomorrow!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Lorna, thanks for sharing your time in the kitchen with the kiddos....sounds like you all had so much fun.

I too enjoyed my special time with my niece and nephew....we spent a few hours together before dh and my son Brian got home. It was a really nice time...relaxing and fun....without any tension from there mom.

We will be on the road tomorrow ... hopefully the drive will not be more than 2 hours.... If you too are traveling, stay safe. Saying a prayer for all my lovely latte chicas.

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to Linnny

Safe Driving for anybody traveling today. May your Guardian Angels be watching over you and Protecting in your travels!
We are still working on that driveway. Out of fuel totally now. But still have cocoa Not sure if we will be shoveling today or not, gotta see what the man says. I was making snowballs yesterday and playing catch with the dogs. Even brought some snow inside for the kitties to check it out. The kittens, who are getting big, were playing soccer in the bathtub with some of it!! Ah, the fun of kittens is awesome

Dawna.s Place
Mayor
Dawna.s Place
In response to catzscrapper

Happy Birthday Jesus! Merry Christmas My Sweet Friends!

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to Dawna.s Place

Good morning ladies! I hope you all had a wonderful day yesterday.

We had our usual gigantic dinner gift exchange at my mother's on Christmas Eve -- always a great time with LOTS of crazy moments and laughs! Yesterday I hosted dinner and it was great but exhausting! I've slowly begun to put my kitchen and dining room back to normal. I ate so much I feel like I'm going to explode still!

We had just the right amount of snow so we did manage a white Christmas but it wasn't too trecherous to travel in. PERFECT!

I'm off to get my day started -- another cup of java or too should get me moving (I hope!) I think the kids are going after Christmas shopping; dh is going to bed early because he has to go in to work tonight; so I think I may have the afternoon to myself to relax and decompress!

Enjoy your day ladies!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics