Username Post: Brats Corner Latte Shop        (Topic#1568161)
scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to provinca

Well Jesus' birthday was another great one! The bad news was that we weren't able to deliver all the goodies before the storm hit but the good news it, they will get yummies in the end.

We had a WHITE Christmas in Dallas! Yep, that's right a white Christmas. That was such a beautiful gift God gave to me as it's one day of the year that always looks wonderful blanketed in snow.

I hope each and every one of you were safe through the holidays and was able to find something wonderful about the most blessed day of the year.

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to scrapwriter

Hello beautiful sisters.
We had a wonderful day yesterday. DH's family came to our house. I seasoned a brisket and DH cooked it for 13hrs or more. He made the ham on the grill as well. I made a giant pot full of Mac and cheese made with a whole block of velveta, butter and milk. YUM. My SIL brought potato salad, cookies, rolls. Hubby's SIL brought a huge pot of caso jam packed with meat and sodas and chips. Hubby's youngest brother brought a bottle of wine for each couple and some sodas. My MIL brought tamales and loads of sweets. We ate and enjoyed wine (I had a huge bottle I bought too)and the guys had beer. My son was with us and I was filled with joy. The power flickered off several times as we have had very high winds. The temps dropped major between 2:00 and 6:00. It was freezing last night.
My little step son that is 8yrs got a nerf gun from santa. I had to run out and get batteries in the morning. He was waiting for his uncle Chris to get there. He hid on the stairs (which you cannot see from the front door but have to pass) as Chris walked by he showered him with about 20 nerf thingys. It was so funny. Chris was so surprised. Matthew said that uncle Chris is always picking on him and his little girl cousins. Chris was so tickled that Matthew was thinking of him. Then at the end of the day after I had cleaned the whole kitchen, taken a hot bath and was laying in bed thanking God for the great day, hubby said thank you and that I had done a great job. We had a little back and forth of but you cooked, no you did everything.... then it was settled with we did it as a team. It really made me happy that he noticed and was greatful. That made my Christmas complete. Thank You Lord was all I could say.

I hope that you all had wonderful Christmas' and that Jesus birthday was celebration of love and joy.

Have a blessed day, everyone. I am back at work and need to get to it.

love and hugs

Edited by Lorna Lee on 12-26-12 07:14 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to Lorna Lee

Good morning all! My family and I had a wonderful Christmas together yesterday. I feel like all I did was eat! lol

I'm planning to stay in my pjs all day and try and work up a little mojo to do some scrapping. I have to get those layouts done for the class next month.

I too hope everyone here had a very Merry Christmas!

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to maggieanne

Good Morning Ladies!
Yesterday was a pretty darn good day! A local friend( the guy who does our tractor work in the Summer) brought us 5 gallons of fuel!! You have no idea how incredible HAPPY that made us! He is the sweetest guy and also the one who got me to the hospital when I broke my leg a few years ago(my guy does not drive). So other than that is was a calm day but snowed again last night but just a sprinkling--about an inch. So today we will be getting the rest of the driveway snow blown and calling for pizza delivery, Just kidding nobody delivers anything out here unless there is a $50 or so fee for it! We will be able to leave tho and go pay the $ back for the gas.
I am glad so many people had a Wonderful day yesterday. I miss seeing the excitement of kids on Christmas morning! Make today another Wonderful day and try to keep that Spirit of Christmas and Happiness in your Hearts all the time because more Happiness in the world can help to make it a better place for everybody!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to catzscrapper

Had a wonderful Christmas. The snow hit in the early morning and now we have a blizzard going. My sweet son picked me up some coffee this morning so that I wouldn't have to go out in it so I'm spending my day in my jammies and letting yesterday's food settle in.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to DKravec

Hi dear friends!

Oh my, the celebration started on the Eve of Christmas Eve and continued right through today!!!!! Christmas was spent with some of dh's family; Christmas we were with my oldest sister, Rose, and her family. Today we enjoyed a brunch with my sister Camille and her family! And the eating started 4 days ago and hasn't stopped!!!!!!

Sadness came over me when we took my son Brian to the airport for his flight back to MI today. That good-bye hug....I always hold on a bit longer

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to Linnny

Lorna it sounds like God is really working in your marriage and I continue to hold it up in prayer. If only they wouldn't take so much dog gone work LOL.

Janet what a wonderful gift to get the gas/oil. I would have been doing a jiggy as if a 1000 cockroaches were in my britches (without the screaming of course). You are so right, if we start entertaining strangers as we would friends the beauty of this world would shine through once again.

Deb - your boy has always been pretty good to you and what a nice thing to do. So glad you had a good Christmas and good eats.

Maggie you are truly blessed to be able to enjoy you your family as often as you are able. What a wonderful gift.

My little Maggie Mae is one years old today. She has grown up to be such a pretty girl and sometimes even behaves. She's a joy in my life.

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter

I am ONE! By Scrapwriter

auntieant
Expert
auntieant

Hello Ladies..

I hope that you all had a wonderful and blessed Christmas..

I was sad leading up to Christmas thinking that I "had" to get the kids everything that they wanted or what I thought that they needed. But then I realized that the amount of gifts that they receive is not the season for this season. I am so blessed to know GOD and blessed that HE continues to bless my household.

I have been having a wonderful season since. I helped my SIL do some baking of cookies for her teachers and I made some bags of cookies for my son's class. For Christmas dinner my dh's family came to our house. We cooked 3 slabs of ribs, 1 ham, 3 roasted chickens, 1 deep dried chicken, crawfish mac and cheese, sausage dressing, fresh picked greens from my FIL's garden with smoked turkey meat, rolls, gravy, and for dessert homemade banana pudding and butterfinger cake.

Me and hubby decided that we would do something for each other at a later date. I was looking and I think I want to take us out to dinner just the two of us to a place called Texas de Brazil or maybe a fondue place called Melting Pot.

Bren you are just in Dallas did you enjoy the snow we got?? I loved it. I was wishing for a white Christmas and it was a wish answered and I just loved seeing all the snow blowing..

I was going to send off cards but I didn't get to finish them, so they will be "put" up until next year.

Happy that a lot of you got to have a wonderful day and I am praying for you that didn't have family to be with. I'm praying for all you wonderful ladies.. You all have been such a blessing to me this year and I pray that we all get a chance to spend time with one another face to face..

I have been in my night gown on my swivel chair just relaxing and looking at tv. Time for me to figure out what new item I will make for New Years eve and day. I always try to add a new item to my menu. For Christmas it was the crawfish mac and cheese and the sausage dressing.

Sorry I was sooo long. But wanted to catch up with you wonderful ladies.. Love ya!!!!

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to auntieant

Bren, I cannot believe your baby is already a year old. She is a sweet heart. My Princess acted exactly like her name on Christmas day. She went from son 2 to son 1. Inbetween, she got her mommy to carry her. She has her humans trained. I added a couple of photos of her in my gallery. She wore her Mrs Stanta Paws dress and perched watching everything, like she has such a hard life. You would have thought that she did all the cooking etc.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Lorna Lee

I am so happy that all of you enjoyed this very special celebration. I hope that it is the start for happier times in all our lives. This year 2012 has been hard on all of us one way or another.
I had a great holiday this year my sons and girlfriend/wife celebrated with DH and me on both days. On Christmas Eve we celebrated at my son's in laws, they made a lovely Nicaraguan dinner and we exchanged gifts with in laws. Then on Christmas day we opened gifts and had a lunch at my house with all of them plus my mom, sister and my niece. Then later in the evening my brothers and their wives came over and we had left overs for dinner. My oldest son left to Tallahassee on Christmas Day at about 2pm, but I was very happy to enjoy spending it with them. Oh and I was good this year everyone remembered me this year. Here is a pic to share:
Christmas Eve With My Family By Martica

Edited by Martica on 12-26-12 06:22 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Martica

Please post a pic of your family please would love to see it.

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to Martica

Martica I did post a pic of my family...she's one today

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee

I did not take a lot of photos. I will take more this weekend when I am with my family for Hat Christmas. I have to go home and work on my hat tonight. I cheated as I am running out of time. I bought the hats and will decorate them. It is just my son going with me as DH left to go hunting this morning. I bought a derby type hat for my son and I thought that I would make it into a Lego hat of sorts. I bought a black hat for me much like the one that Martica's son is wearing in one of the photos but has crushed velvet on it. I am adding a purple shoe to the top(small high heel,the ones that you use for rings), purple flowers with feathers and black tool. Let me know if any of you creative ladies have ideas. I have not quite figured out the Lego thing yet but all I could come up with that was silly. Not many people wear Legos on thier heads.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Lorna Lee

Good morning!!!!!

I decided to be comfortable Christmas Day, and not wear my wig. Well I didn't expect that my son would post a family pic on FB! Plus I came out looking like a ghost. My sons' reactions to the pic....you look beautiful. Awwwww, gotta love'm!!!!!!

Off to PT today.....not sure it's helping and it's a big effort to get there. Both knees are screaming..... Almost 2 months and my wrist is still swollen! I can't understand why not surgery can just go smoothly......deep breath. Trying to get back into my grateful mode....it's a much happier place

May your day be wonderful.

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Lorna Lee

Here is one of the photos that I took Christmas day.

Princess of the house on Christmas By Lorna Lee

Mamas two fav babies. My sweet son Alex and Princess. It is really a hard life to be a Princess. Alex does not mind, she trained him when she was just a baby. LOL

Edited by Lorna Lee on 12-27-12 07:14 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Lorna Lee

I'm catching up on the chit chat in spurts. Maggie!!!! Just read that you will be teaching a monthly class at your LSS!!!! Fabulous!!!! You are such a talented artist.....what lucky 'students'!!!!!!!!

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to Linnny

Good morning everyone! Thanks Linny, I think it will be fun to teach classes again.

Bren, Maggie is a darling.

Martica, loved the family photo. I didn't take too many pics either, waiting for my daughter to post hers as she always takes great photos. I'll post when I get an upload.

Deb, how much snow did you get? Last night it was snowing here and there was a few inches on the ground but when I got up this morning it was raining and just about all the snow is gone.

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne

Lorna, the hat party sounds like fun. I wouldn't know what to do with legos either! lol

I'm glad everyone had a nice Christmas. I'm hoping and praying that everyone has a much better 2013.

elizabeth_C
Veteran
elizabeth_C

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas. Mine was quiet. We spent it with my mother and then at home. Jennifer seemed pleased with her presents.

We got a blizzard here yesterday. Today I had to dig my car out of the driveway. My boots are soaked now, they won't be dry until tomorrow probably. I am cold, I am sitting here with my coat on. I can't seem to get warm now.

What is everyone doing for New Year's? I think this year I am staying home. My friend is having a really hard time with now and I doubt she will be up for a celebrating this year. That is usually where I go.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics