Username Post: Brats Corner Latte Shop        (Topic#1568161)
scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to Lorna Lee

Wow a girl steps away for a couple of days and misses out on mega posts.

Yvonne welcome back my friend. At least your delay was in a fun location. Hope you stayed outta those smoke bars

Dawna hope your plumbing issues get sorted soon (I'm talking about the household ones missy!)

Lorna praying for some good rest and that the pain will subside and your sleep will give you peace.

Elizabeth sounds like you have made a big dent in projects. Way to go. Sorry you are having trouble getting to sleep and hope your week is going well so far.

Linny I'm with you I'm having to struggle with blowing carbs out of my diet a bit better than I have been. I'm doing the Chris Powell Carb Cycle Solution this week (I say this week because I'm always trying something new).

Janet - I downloaded some relaxation meditation and according to my fit bit I fall asleep in an average of 8 minutes now I love it.

Martica it sounds like your shadowboxes will be beautiful. Still praying for you and dh as well.

Glenda - God said he cursed us with childbirth but he was wrong!!! He cursed us with menopause.

Anna - Don't be surprised if each visit home gets shorter. It's a bittersweet success that we raise independent children when i really just wanted to lock mine in a closet.

I need to work on Acceptance so with that:

God grant me the serenity
to ACCEPT the things I can not change
COURAGE to change the things I can
and WISDOM to know the difference.

Blessings to all today.

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to scrapwriter

Good morning everyone. So sorry for being MIA but not dealing well with the surgery factor for Thursday. It's hard to concentrate on anything so I've basically been doing nothing but thinking about it. Can't help it...

I wanted to comment on a few posts but do you think I can remember what I wanted to say? lol I'll just say, if you can say a little prayer for me tomorrow night/Thurs. morning I would so appreciate it. As soon as I'm feeling better I'll be back to the forum daily again!

Just know that I love you all and think of everyone often and say prayers for you and your families every night! Warm hugs!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to maggieanne

Maggie, I'm going to get a jump start on my prayers and start today. Be sure to check in and let us know how it all came out. We'll be thinking about you.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to DKravec

Good afternoon....

I too had a horrible night.....my plan of programming myself to get in the shower and get out the door might not work. Was up till 6 am....the RLS started. Took 1/2 a pill and I got so nauseas and got this cramp in my toes....they just stand up, really stand up and the pain is wicked. Poor dh...ruined his sleep too. Feeling ok now, so very grateful for that!

Maggie, I will be praying for an easy surgery and smooth recovery. When you wake up in the recovery room and you see the color blue, know your buddies at the Latte Shop, are thinking of you!!!!

Bren, your avi is beautiful!!!!! Never heard of Chris Powell....will do a google.

Need to pay estimated taxes. I don't get it....we seem to pay so much and still pay at the end of the year, but we have nothing to show for it....something is just not right

OK....I think I sufficiently kvetched for the day, or not.

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to maggieanne

• maggieanne Said:
Good morning everyone. So sorry for being MIA but not dealing well with the surgery factor for Thursday. It's hard to concentrate on anything so I've basically been doing nothing but thinking about it. Can't help it...

I wanted to comment on a few posts but do you think I can remember what I wanted to say? lol I'll just say, if you can say a little prayer for me tomorrow night/Thurs. morning I would so appreciate it. As soon as I'm feeling better I'll be back to the forum daily again!

Just know that I love you all and think of everyone often and say prayers for you and your families every night! Warm hugs!

Maggie, Your surgery success has been in my prayers every night for a bit now. I am believing for success and complete/quick recovery.

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to Lorna Lee

Good afternoon lovelies!

Bren, the serenity prayer is among my favorites! Thanks for posting it!

Welcome back Yvonne. I hope you're feeling better soon!

Lorna, I sure hope you can get some sleep tonight and that you're feeling better as well.

Linny, I saw your post stamped at 2:00 a.m. and thought, "Now what is she doing up at that hour??" You poor dear, I hope you can find some relief soon.

Ms. Maggie, you've been in my prayers for quite some time now. I sensed from your last post you were a bit uneasy with your upcoming surgery, so I've been praying for your pre-surgery days as well as your surgery! Hang in there dear.

And speaking of Thursday, may I please ask for some prayers for my daughter. She has a follow up appointment with her cardiologist on Thursday and we're all a bit nervous about it -- especially her. Extra prayers would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by provinca on 01-08-13 09:46 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Dawna.s Place
Mayor
Dawna.s Place
In response to DKravec

Morning ladies,

Waiting on the plumber to drop by a bit later this morning. Now if I could just get the laundry fairies to drop by - my day would be complete!

Maggie thanks for checking in with us! I'll be praying that your surgery is a success and that your recovery goes smoothly. Take good care of yourself sweetie. I do hope you'll have a little extra help while you're recovering.

Got to get ready for my workout so I'll pop back by a bit later today. Wishing you all a wonderful day ladies. Big hugs to all!

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Dawna.s Place

So if you ladies that are freinds with me on FB want a laugh, take a look at the pics that my neice Shelly just posted of our Family Hat Party. I changed my AVI to the one of my son Alex and I in the hats that I made for us.

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to Lorna Lee

** Forgot to say, BIG VENT Please bear with this post**
POURING down snow, so far all day. The temp is only 31 tho, so no snow globes today. The Man is PO'd about snow, then the snowblower broke to top it off! he came in so MAD said really carppy things at me then went out and fixed the blower. Then comes in DEMANDING food NOW!! I made a comment about his poopyness and he blew up I mean almost exploded in front of my eyes! I was trying not to cry and just asked 'are you done? because you are in my way of fixing your food so please go sit down.' he was annoyed with my 'tone' and went into the shower. Was slightly more pleasant when he came out. Took his food and went upstairs with it. I mean I just wanted to box his stupid ears after all that bull!! But I figure I will continue with my dog cookie baking and tune out any more un-nice things out of him.
I need a Calgon break I think, but the dogs won't let me bath alone, so forget that! Just something about sharing a tub with somebody that has claws. Not my kind of stuff...so instead I will attempt to relax with my sewing machine and some projects. That usually improves my mood Maybe a couple of M&M candies too for good measure
Have a good night/day/evening Everybody

Dawna.s Place
Mayor
Dawna.s Place
In response to catzscrapper

Janet you poor thing! I'm sure now that he's had a good shower and some food he'll calm down and apologize when he returns to his wonderful self! It may take a little time, but they usually do.

Lorna I love the new avi its so fun! And I must say Alex sure does favor his beautiful mom! He's a very handsome young man!

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee

Dawna, You are so sweet. I am blushing.

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to Lorna Lee

As we go about our day I just wanted to share a cute video with great message. Something to think about as the New Year progresses...
http://youtu.be/vV2YlnbXgAs

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Drayia

Good morning ladies.
Shana, I will have to look at the video from home or later on my phone.

Father God we praise You for this day that You have given to us. Please light our paths this day that we may do all that is good and pleasing to You. Help us to make today be the day that You intended for us.
Lord we ask that You will be with our sister Maggie today to calm her as she readies for her surgery tomorrow. Please be with the Surgeons tomorrow that they will perform with the best of skills to repair that which is not as You created inside Maggie. Please lay Your healing hand upon her that she will heal quick and completely.
In Jesus name we pray.

May you each have a blessed day.
love and hugs

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Lorna Lee

Morning everyone. Linnny, I had the opposite night then you had. Fell asleep at 7:00 and didn't wake up until 10:30 this morning. I think I have a sleep bug in me. And boy am I talking in my sleep. I can hear myself. Is that not weird or what.

Janet, sounds like you husband needs a wake up call on just how important you are. Go away for a good month and let him fend for himself. There is no excuse for nastiness.

Bren, I do believe it's your birthday today. Hope you're having a wonderful day.

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to Lorna Lee

Thanks ladies for the welcome back greetings!
Monday afternoon I got really sick and have been down since then, couldn't even get out of bed. Today much better.

Dawna.s Place
Mayor
Dawna.s Place
In response to Euroalien

Morning Ladies,

Lorna thanks for leading us in such a heartfelt prayer for Maggie - Amen!

Happy Birthday Bren, I hope your day is as special as you are!!!

Have a wonderful day ladies!

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee

Oh my goosh, I have been so crazy busy that I did not wish Bren a HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
Bren, will you please forgive me?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU DEAR BREN, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Lorna Lee

BREN!!!!!!!

Love ya girlfriend!!!!!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Linnny

Lorna, that was a beautiful prayer you started us off with this morning! Amen!!!!

Maggie, you are in my thoughts and prayers!!!!

Janet, you sweet thing, sorry your dh forgot to honor his wife. I think when he demanded food, I would have handed him the telephone so he could order himself a pizza.

I had a noon appointment at physical therapy. Woke up with just enough time to jump (haha) in the shower, through on eyebrows, flip on the wig and grab car service. My surgeon ordered 8 more weeks! The therapist said he thought 4 would suffice. I'm thinkin today was my last visit.....the surgery was the 2nd of Nov......please!!!!!

I then took myself to lunch. A pricey Italian restaurant that offers a lunch for only $11. I was good and carb free! And brought home some too.

OK....supermarket tonight....where are those pain pills!!!

ILOVEPAPILLONS
Mayor
ILOVEPAPILLONS
In response to Linnny

Happy Birthday Bren.

Maggie, all the best for the operation tomorrow and know that we are all thinking of you.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics