Username Post: Brats Corner Latte Shop        (Topic#1568161)
Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Euroalien

Hi ladies hope all is well with everyone.
Like to share some good news with you all. I was hired in Miami Children's Hospital as a supervisor of Enviromental Services.... I start Feb 4th, I am really excited. It is really hard to get a job at any hospital here, benefits are great and everyone wants to get a job at a hospital because of it. I have been going on interviews (3) and waiting for 4 months and it finally paid off.

Edited by Martica on 01-16-13 03:35 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to Martica

CONGRATS Martica!!! I am jumping for joy for you.

ILOVEPAPILLONS
Mayor
ILOVEPAPILLONS
In response to Drayia

That is awesome Martica, we all knew that something good was out there waiting for you. Now things are going to turn around for you. Well done my friend. xxxxx

laceyKat
Angel
laceyKat
In response to ILOVEPAPILLONS

I am soooooooo happy for you, Martica!!!
Way to hang in there!!!!

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to laceyKat

Congrats, Martica! That is such great news.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Lorna Lee

Thank you ladies.... I always can count on you all to make me feel good....

laceyKat
Angel
laceyKat
In response to Martica

Lorna! absolutely LOVE your avi!!!!!

auntieant
Expert
auntieant
In response to laceyKat

Hello ladies..

Martica I am SOOOO happy for you. It just goes to show that when we wait on the Lord he comes through for us when we at least expect it.. That is such a testimony!!! Again I am very happy for you and God Bless. You so deserve this blessing.

Bren I am sorry to hear about your uncle. But he is doing much better than US!!! He is sitting with your Savior and just singing and praising all day. So continue to give God praise because your uncle loved you but God loved him, you and us more than anyone else can.

Linny sorry that your sil is trying to take advantage of you. From our Sunday school lesson my First Lady was saying how we are are so quick to say "i never hear from so-and-so until they want something". Not knowing that sometimes those instances happen to see how we react. We as God children do that all the time not realizing that we sometimes don't call on Him until WE need something. But he still loves us and the thing is that God continues to be there for us and never gets tired.

Well I have been practicing on my stenomachine and I am hoping that pass a test sometime soon. I am not getting discouraged, but I am anxious.. LOL Please you wonderful ladies keep me in your prayers and thoughts. Love you all have a wonderful evening...

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to laceyKat

Okay, I'm sure you are all sitting at the edge of your seats to find out what has be upset. So, I will tell you....dh was going to bed and I decided to come in the scraproom. So, we close all the lights in the livingroom.....then dh (aka clumsy and tired) puts on the little lamp I have in the kitchen that we use for a night light. As he turns his hand softly touches the unopened bottle of balsamic vinegar next to the lamp. Yup, it went crashing down on the granite floor and shattered like you would not believe. I can't understand that there could be this much glass to make a one litre bottle!!!!! And the vinegar.......what a mess. I always wash the granite floors with WHITE vinegar. Trust me, balsamic doesn't work! I think we found all the glass, and then I hear and feel a crunch under my slipper. And, we're still sticking to the floor....it's been an exciting evening.

the end.

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Linnny

Oh Linny, that is a nasty experience. It never seizes to amaze me, just how long into the future the small pieces of glass seem to appear out of no where. The swiffer mop seems to help to get those littl devils.

Still coughing and now my chest hurts from all the coughing. Working 9 hour days and trying to stay focused. DH talked me into staying home from church last night. I just wanted to lay down for about 20 minutes. He insisted that God would understand if I stayed home and he made me some soup.

I have been noticing when I get to work every morning and when I leave in the evening, that there is a police car parked by our guard shack. At first I thought that they had found a cozy place for a speed trap. This morning I asked the Guard and she told me that due to a work place incident, we are under 24hr servelience. WHAT??? I called my friend in HR and she said that she could not tell me anything but the fact that there is an investigation ongoing. REALLY??? I told her that I heard in the office that there was a very loud disagreement and threats were made.(a co-worker told me that). She said no that it was nothing like that. I told her that it gives employees a very uneasy feeling to have Police watching the facility and no one will tell you why. I think that we should know if we are in danger. I am going to point blank ask our department manager.
HR did just post a memo about the speed limit, coming and going. Maybe that is all that it is. I know that there is one guy that has almost run the guard over.

Well, I need to get to work. I have a LOT to do today and no real desire to be at work. That means that I have to work harder to stay focused. Wish me luck.

Love you all

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to Lorna Lee

Linny I know how it is with glass, broke 2 glasses at mom and dads over the holidays in Spain and my mom told my hubby that he has a clumpsy wife :0) he answered: oh no that is your clumpsy daughter doing that.... :0)

Still little under the weather with stomach and coughing....

So happy for you Martica, way to go... congrats!!!

Sad day today... my mom just emailed me and said one of my aunts just passed away, my dads oldest sister 74 years old. Her lungs just gave out and she passed in hospital where she was treated for a fall she had last Thursday, hit her head. That is the same aunt that got cancer in Nov/Dec.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Euroalien

Yvonne, I am so sorry about your aunt. Prayers go out to your family.

Linnny, don't go barefoot. You'll be finding glass for another month.

Martica, huge congrats on your new job. I do believe that 2013 is going to be your year. I am so darn happy for you.

Good afternoon to everyone. Hope you're all having a good day.

hvn101
hvn101 
Idol
hvn101
In response to midnitescrapper

congrats martica

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to hvn101

Yvonne I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt. It can be so hard to lose the ones we love.

Martica I'm so happy for you and praising God for all he continues to do for us.

Lorna I'm praying that you and Yvonne kick this bug and quick.

Hugs all.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to scrapwriter

Lorna!!!! The swifter mop worked perfectly!!!!! Of course it took another few washings....but it's finally done! Swifter mops leave streaks on granite. So yep, after all that, I had to mop with white vinegar!!!!! Got it done before dh gets home.....he kept saying on the phone, "you're not mopping right" and I kept saying "right ".

OK....I bought lean ground chicken and found 3 recipes that look interesting....trying to figure which one.

Been kinda quite around here! Hey Deb, maybe ya need to post some specials in the window to get people back in....maybe a free brownie with every cup of java!!!

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Linnny

OOOWW, Brownies sound good....
I do like the swifer mop for things like grabbing that glass. I do not want glass in my feet and I really like to walk bare foot.
Tell us more about those receipes. I am running low on dinner ideas.

Dawna.s Place
Diva
Dawna.s Place
In response to Lorna Lee

Afternoon Ladies,

Had a few busy days and just now getting a chance to check in and let you all know how much you mean to me. I really do cherish all the friendships I've made here and rarely a day goes by that I don't think and pray for each of you!

Bren so sorry that Uncle Mel has gone home. I know you'll miss him but he does know how much you loved him, I'm sure of that.

Yvonne so sorry to hear that your sweet aunt passed away too. I love that you hold a personal candle vigil to remember loved ones that are no longer with you. Its so special and such a nice way for you to remember them.

Martica congratulations on your new job at the hospital. I know it took you a long time to find something this wonderful. You so deserve it for keeping the faith!

Debbie I'm so glad to hear your interview went real well. If you don't hear from them by tomorrow, please place a follow-up call to them. More jobs are landed through follow-up than through initial interviews. So don't give up, persistence always pays off!

Linny Oh my goodness what a huge glass mess! And I'm sure the smell wasn't too pleasant either. Love those swiffer mops too. They really do a great job, but I would keep a pair of shoes on just in case there are a few strays lingering around.

Maggie so glad to hear that your surgery went well, that your stitches have been removed and that you are getting some much needed rest. Please take good care of yourself.

Glenda I totally loved your Art Journal, the lady is just beautiful! Her face is so sweet and just stunning. I am planning to explore more mixed media activities this year myself. I don't think I'm quite ready to tackle an art journal but maybe next year after I've had the chance to experiment for a while. Can't wait to see what you've been creating.

Elizabeth congratulations on the new receptionist position. I'm so very happy for you! Working only a few days a week will really help with your anxiety and stress and I know the income will provide some relief too.

Lorna thanks so much for the beautiful prayer. I always love reading God's word and appreciate when its shared. Loved the funny list too!

Stephanie so glad your keeping up your practice. Your so hard working I just know you're going to be a great court reporter some day soon. Just realx and you'll do fine on your test.

Alvie hope your having a wonderful day! What pretties are you working on these days?

Lorna so sorry you've been under the weather. Nothing like a stuffy head to make you feel lousy! Yuck! Get plenty of rest and take good care of yourself.

Shana I'm so glad that you had a great experience shopping at scraputante. It took her a while to finely get shipping costs under control but she's finely done it. I don't think she's published an 'All Call' deadline yet, so you've got time to prepare if your still interested.

Went to my all day crop yesterday and worked on my neighbors mini album. Still have a few more pages to go and I'd like to get it finished up over the weekend. Also need to finish putting away the Christmas decorations too. The trees are down but I still have a few lingering decorations to put away. Then need to do a good house cleaning and I'll be all set to host Sunday dinner with the family.

Sorry for long post ladies...have a nice evening everyone!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Dawna.s Place

Dawna, I usually would do a follow up but the interviewer told me that if I don't hear from them by Friday, that I was NOT chosen and to move on. I don't think he wants any follow ups. Tomorrow is Friday and I don't expect to hear from them. Guess I should just move on.

Brownies sounds like an awesome idea. I'll get started baking those tonight.

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to DKravec

Hate to say my dear friend but I've never been good at following directions and do follow up calls anyhow. What I usually say is something to the effect of "I wanted to follow up to thank you for the interview and to let you know I'm still interested in the position". I've never been good at instructions.

Dawna so glad to see that you're having fun and enjoying life. Good for you!

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to scrapwriter

I agree Bren I always follow up to.

Thank you ladies, it surely will be an adventure for me. I start orientation Feb 4th, I will keep you posted on how it goes. I had to go to hospital to get my results to the tuberculoses shot and get my badge which will allow me to have access to hospital and show that I am an employee. I will be getting a flu shot at the orientation. Did you all know that with a blood test they can know whether you have all vaccinations, that is so cool? Of course if there is something missing they will give it to me. I also got fitted for a special mask to be worn in areas where there are people in this case children who have airborne deceases. Of course I will hardly ever go into those areas but we have to be protected if we do.

Deb let me know how it goes.
Lorna how scary, I would go to the head honcho and ask point blank "what is going on".
Linny, balsamic vinagar is the worse to clean up. An those tiny sliver of glass are a pain if you get one stuck in your foot, so wear shoes.....
How is everyone today/night?

Edited by Martica on 01-17-13 06:07 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics