Username Post: Brats Corner Latte Shop        (Topic#1568161)
Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Drayia

Good morning!

Shana, congrats on the weight loss!

I'm doing low carbs and so far it's working!

It's 10 degrees here today!!!!!! dh is driving me to the post office tonight....i'm not about to walk in this weather. I barely walk when it's spring time weather!

Have a blessed day!!!!!

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Drayia

Good morning ladies.
Shana, sounds like you are off to a great start. I need to quit craving junk and eating it. I had a supplier bring in donuts this morning and my dumb self has a weak spot for fresh donuts. I ate 3 of them. Not only did I eat them but devoured them like I had not eaten is 6 years. OMG! Piggy stop and push away from the troff.

Martica, I agree that skyping is a great idea. My sister has done that with her daughter and talks to her grand daughter all the time. Katie shows her Granby her room and her school work, everything. It is not the same as hugging them but you still get to be a part of thier life.

I have lots of meetings today so I need to get moving and get other stuff done. Hugs to each of you. I have also been trying to stay positive. Everytime I think a negative thought about something or someone and want to say it, I have been trying to pray and keep my mouth shut. My co-worker actually asked me why I have been so quiet lately. I really have been in a quiet mood. Sometimes, I just pop in here and look around, read and leave. hmmmmm......

love and hugs

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to Lorna Lee

Hello!

It's pushing 36F here today, yeah!!! Finally time to thaw out a little....

Deb I'm so sorry to hear about your health. Have you looked in to work from home like med filing papers or so?

Martica so looking forward to hear about your new job when u start, good luck!

Went to the clinic yesterday and had 9 X-rays taken of my back, time to do something it's not getting better with
chiropractors.... ;(

Have a great day....

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Euroalien

Thanks ladies, yes we have skyped but like Deb said I need to learn German or he needs to learn English otherwise Skype will not work as I would like.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Drayia

Shana great link, makes me think of all or lack of drop of awesomes of my past I will work on more Drops of Awesome from now on.

pinkalicious
Guru
pinkalicious
In response to Drayia

COLORADO!!! My oldest son just got the news that he will be in COLORADO for his residency for the next 6 years. I am so happy for him because I know that is where he really wanted to be. I am so sad when I think he is going to be so far away from us. I keep his spirits up for his sake, then I feel so sad.

Good news: Yay, they finally got some blood from me! Test came back and all is well with this test. Waiting on a few others.

I was excited that my sister was having another baby. She has 6 boys and was hoping for a little girl this time. Sadly, yesterday they told her there was no heart beat, and that it was a little girl. I am waiting for her to call me tonight to see what her Dr. friend told her.

So much happiness and yet, it seems the sadness overpowers us.

My parents are going to Italy for one month just to get away. My mom told me she would leave me the money for a ticket to meet up with them next week. Naturally, I laughed and told her maybe I'll see them. I told her I have court on the 28, (still dealing with Mr. Scrooge) but, I could really use a vacation. We'll see what my husband says and if the businesses will run without me here. LOL!

Prayers for all who need them. Hugs from me to all of you. Keeping all of you in my thoughts.

auntieant
Expert
auntieant
In response to pinkalicious

Hello ladies..

Jo I just sent you a text. You are in my thoughts and prayers..

Well ladies have you happen to see that Joy C posted on her wall? I sent her a message but she has't responded.. I hope that all is well she said that everything was fine and that she weathered her first widowhood. I hope that we haven't lost her from our cafe also..

I'm praying for everyone's strength and that we can all continue to get along and stay strong for each other no MATTER what!!! I just feel that we should be able to hold each other accountable without losing each other..

I'm practing as much as I can.. I am praying to pass a speed this quarter. I hope that you all will pray with me..

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to auntieant

Just wanted to stop by quickly before i go to sleep. Wonderful night at bible study. Deb, i am believing that yoyr job is getting close.
All I will pray for each Of You.
Sweet dreams
God bless

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to Lorna Lee

Well - I thought I'd bring back a little of our scrappy chat.

Has anyone started using digi stamps rather than rubber stamps? Do you like them? What are the pros or cons? How do you get your printer to do ok with cardstock? Do you have a special printer?

I tried one and really liked it so I've just bought another and a few copic markers. After all I better buy what I want now before I'm out of moolah LOL

My prayers continue for all of you and I know God has our best interests at heart.

Yvonne - I didn't realize your back had gotten that bad. Please let us know the outcomes of your tests.

Jolene - I say take that vacationn. Responsibility will be there when you get back.

My love to all of you tonight! B-

ILOVEPAPILLONS
Mayor
ILOVEPAPILLONS
In response to scrapwriter

Good morning ladies. We are getting our carpets replaced with laminate today, it's going to be so great.

Edited by ILOVEPAPILLONS on 01-24-13 06:06 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to ILOVEPAPILLONS

Good morning!

Jo, what very sad news about your sister's baby... It never ends!!!! Hope you can join your mom in Italy...sweet of her to get you a ticket!

Stefanie, I know you will achieve the speed!!!!

Glenda, I LOVE not having carpeting! I had carpeting all my life up until I moved to where I now live about 4 years ago. I just grab my swifter and fly through the rooms.

Need to make some cards....I do not have one card where my stash should be! No mojo....rather play word games!!!!!

Also need to make an appt for another ct scan of my lungs. In October they saw something on my lung during a scan to rule out something on my esophagus. It was felt it was scar tissue from previous blood clots I had in my lungs. Well, when I was at the primary care dr on Monday, he said it is a nodule. Now I'm really nervous....I smoked for about 40 years....quit 10 years ago. It was a fiasco trying to get the films from the facility that did the first scan as I'm going to another facility to have the second scan done....they will need to do a comparison. My primary care dr's office was being so uncooperative faxing over the order for release. I was told, "i had to understand, they're busy". Finally I told her, "you have to understand, there is a friggin nodule on my lung"....they faxed! Geez I so hate the whole medical community. If you recall, when I had the first scan with contrast the idiot tech missed my vein and shot all the iodine in my arm...arm blew up and hurt for weeks! It's the reason I'm going to another place for testing......ok. now I really bent your ear.....

Java!

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien

Hello!

JoLena sorry to hear about all things going on in your life, vacation sounds like a nice break for u.

My back problems never ease up anymore so I have to do something.... open for anything...

Have a great cold Thursday everyone hugs....

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Linnny

Steph, I know you'll pick up speed. Practice and constant doing is what does it. I remember when I first started typing, I probably typed like 30 wpm but now I'm at 70 wpm. Of course thats been 30 years of typing.

OMG Jo, I am so sorry about your sister. That is such sad news. My heart goes out to her.

Linnny, keep us informed with what's going on with your nodule. That's scary stuff.

Bren, as long as you have yourself a decent printer, it will use cardstock just fine. I've been printing images with cardstock forever and have never had a problem. I also love the idea of the digi stamps and if you're using copics, the ink from the printer is fine. Not sure how well the ink from the printer works if you do water color but I'm sure it will be fine. I see other people doing it all the time. I've just never tried it.

Already had my java for the day. Guess I can get dressed now. Y'all must be tired of seeing me in my pj's.

ILOVEPAPILLONS
Mayor
ILOVEPAPILLONS
In response to DKravec

Jo, that is really so sad. I cant image how upset they must be.
Really hope you grab the opportunity to go with two hands. I did that with my sons trip last year when at the last minute I met him in Paris and I am so glad I did. I left my poor DH with the business and went flying off on a wonderful adventure.

Linny, hope all goes well with the scan. I awlays worry with my sister because she has smoked since she was really young and has still not quit. The laminate looks so amazing. We have had it downstairs for a couple of years but this is on the stairs and the loft and it is going to be so nice to just wipe it down.

Yvonne, I sure hope they can solve the back issues for you. The chiropractors are fine for everyday aches but not such major back problems.

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter

Good evening my lovely beautiful wonderful friends and sisters! You amaze me with your strength and perseverance and I cannot tell you how each one of you fill my heart.

Praise God and Thank you for your prayers and well wishes as my job is ok for another few months. In 6 years I've gone through this 4 times. It's nerve racking sometimes but this time thanks to all of you I had peace and acceptance.

My dad has been having quite the medical journey. His elective surgery was postponed for vascular surgery. He got more test results back and his vasular surgery has been cancelled for immediate heart surgery. He will now go in for heart stints and whatever else they need to do then when they feel he's stable he will go back in for vascular surgery and if he can make it through all he will do his elective surgery. I don't like the sounds of getting older at all.

Linny I swear to god woman you need to write a book on your medical mishaps. It would be a best seller for sure with your brand of humor and sarcasm and I for one will buy it.

Deb I don't mind you whether you're in pj's or tiara's. I love you regardless.
Thanks for the info on the printer - I'm going to test it tonight.

Glenda I bet you're going to love your new floors. You should consider posting pictures so we can all see. I know I would love it.

Yvonne, please do whatever is needed to get your back well. My sister is paralyzed in one leg for not taking proper care and now has had two back surgeries. My dad has been in therapy on and off for ten years for his so be good to it. I hate to hear you're in that much pain.

May you all have a blessed night and find time for some fun.

Martica
Queen
Martica

Just passing through on my way to the shower hehehe.
Tomorrow will be D day at work. I will be giving my resignation.

ILOVEPAPILLONS
Mayor
ILOVEPAPILLONS
In response to Martica

Bren, I will take some pics to show you, they look soooooo wonderful.

Martica, I am so happy for you. Do you think they are expecting anything from you.

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter

I'm excited for the both of you!

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter

This is the gifts God gives me on work mornings. This was Wednesdays gift from my desk:

Wednesdays Sunrise in Texas 1/22/13 By Scrapwriter

DKravec
Angel
DKravec

Wishing you the best with your resignation Martica. Maybe they'll up your income to keep you.

Bren, beautiful sunrise to enjoy each morning.

Off to bed. Have an early morning tomorrow.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics