Username Post: Brats Corner Latte Shop        (Topic#1568161)
ILOVEPAPILLONS
Mayor
ILOVEPAPILLONS
In response to scrapwriter

Bren, God will make you strong for your dad and you will switch roles with him and be his caretaker. Life is really sad and sometimes you have to wonder why we have to go through all the sadness we do, that's just the way it is. Right now he will cherish your love and caring. God Bless.

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to ILOVEPAPILLONS

to all of us.... take care...

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Euroalien

Good morning....

Bren, your post made me cry. I cried for you and I cried for me. My dad was always the head of the household,....he was muscular and strong, he could fix anything that stopped working, or build what needed to be built. He took care of the finances and the food shopping as mom was physically unable to. Only thing he didn't do was cook and clean. He lived to be almost 95, but the last 5 years of his life, when he could no longer do all that he did, when his strong muscular body seemed to shrivel up and become so tiny and frail, and duct tape was the only 'tool' he seemed to use to 'fix' anything and everything, I was so scared. This was the man that was the person I always ran to to fix what was wrong in my life. And now here I was taking care of him and my mom. Daddy passed away in his sleep. I knew he was gone, but still tried to breathe life into him....I didn't want him to leave me.

I miss my mom and dad so much....

Bren, praying for your dad.

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Martica

• Martica Said:
Hi there everyone, Bren praying for Fred's health. Gosh I am tired. Well I trained a new girl today so I don't have to go back tomorrow yay!!!! Will sleep in tomorrow and hang around the house by myself. My hubby is working with brother temporarily so the house is all to myself..

Lucky you. I love those days. I don't get too many any more.

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Lorna Lee

Bren and Linny, You both brought tears to my eyes. I too miss my daddy. I remember the smell of Old Spice when I was a little and daddy would sing to me "Daddy's Little Girl".
Bren, I am praying for you sweet girl as you go through this. Sounds like Fred is handling it pretty good. Sometimes it is the loved ones that have to stand by helpless that are the most frightened. We want to fix what is wrong but we cannot. As humans we struggle with that pain. I continue to pray for your father but also left up you and your family. Big hugs.

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to Lorna Lee

Awww Linny and Lorna - I didn't mean to give you tears, just wanted to share and hoped that others knew that feeling 'daddy's girl' feeling. Big hugs to all of you.

Dad is in ICU recovery and they will keep him coma induced for the next couple of days. Surgeon told mom that the surgery went fine with no hiccups - praise God and praise my faithful friends who kept him in their hearts and prayers.

Edited by scrapwriter on 01-30-13 02:45 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Martica
Queen
Martica

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to Martica

Praying for your family Bren and your dad to make a full recovery.

So wish I had memories like that of my dad but when he left my mom he left me too. Thankfully my little girls will have wonderful memories like yours when they are older

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Drayia

Hey ladies check this tutorial out. Its really neat.

http://youtu.be/2zpiD3ODg3k

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to Martica

Linny - thank you so much for telling me about your dad. I can picture him in my mind and can tell you he's a wonderful man. Lorna that old spice will never leave my nostrils

Do you ever have that feeling that no words can possibly express that overflowing feeling in your heart? That there is not enough money, or actions that can transfer it out to the universe? That's how I feel about all of you. Yes, each and every one of you. You each have something special that you bring into my life. As dad as gone through this week, it has not been a highschool friend I've phoned, or a cousin. It's not been a church group, or coffe group, but you amazing women that I came to. And as is always the case you rose to the challenge and beyond.

You offer me your words, your phone numbers, your strength and your prayers. You tell me I'm strong, making me feel like I can do one more day, you share your stories, making me feel like I'm not alone, you offer me your talents giving me other things to think of and you share your hardships reminding me that it's not "just about me".

If I were rich I'd give it all to you, if I were talented I'd give you my talent, if I were wise I'd give you my wisdom, but I'm just this one person sometimes floating in a vast sea of life and just when I feel like I can tread water no longer you are there. Each of you offering your gift that only you can give.

I love you

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee

Oh Bren, You do give us wisdom in your words and in The word of God. You my dear are a gift to all of us as well. That is what makes this group so very special. Each person has thier own story and each gives with so much love. Bren, you help compile the special effect of this group.
So glad to hear that your dad's surgery went well. Prayers will continue for him and you along with your family.
Shana, I was daddy's little girl until after the divorce. I went for 8 years without a word from my daddy. All my cards sent back "return to sender". After I spent the first years of my life being daddy's little girl, having him sing to me every night. He was remarried and had a new family and they felt that it was too much trouble to deal with my mother to see me so there you go. I had no idea why my daddy left me. I played the song "Daddy's little girl" over and over and cried. One night after eight long years, I answered the phone to hear a woman's voice say "Is this Lorna?" When I answered yes, the lady said hold just a minute. A man came on the phone and said "Lorna, this is your daddy." I replied, "this is not funny, who is this?" Again, he said " this is your daddy". I cried for what seemed like 5 minutes before I could compose myself enough to talk to him.
About three years before he died, I had a fallen out with my step mother. I had not spoke to my daddy in 3 years when I got the call that he had died. I had thought many times of calling him but pride and subornness got in the way. My uncle told me that he told daddy many times that he should call me and the same thing on his side. We were a lot alike besides in looks. I regret not calling my daddy. I still miss him. I picture him in his recliner or in his pool. Always calling someone a azzhole. His favorite phrase as he said it with such a twang. All in all, he was my daddy. My strong daddy, with the sleeves cut off his western shirts, a big smile and full of cr@p.
Wow, I cannot believe that I just shared that story with you ladies. I have tears running down my cheeks.
So to add to Bren's list, this is also a place of therapy.

I love you all more than you know. You are in my prayers and I look forward to seeing your post and hearing about you lives. I have had great pleasure in partnering in swaps with some of you and enjoyed phone conversations with some as well.

May God bless each of you with a wonderful day filled with wonderful experinces.
Big hugs

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Lorna Lee

Good morning...

Aw Lorna, so sorry that your memories of your daddy are mixed with love and pain....hope you can feel the huge hug I'm sending your way.

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to Linnny

Lorna both you and Bren had me teared up today.... hugs to u two....

Happy Thursday... just got out of the MRI machine, now waiting on some results on my back....

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to Euroalien

Yvonne - please let us know. I've had you at the top of my 'list' as I've seen all my sister has had to go through.

Dad has been wakened...He's Alive!!! in my best Frankenstein voice. He told mom he didn't want visitors he didn't want phone calls he just wanted to sleep - yup that's the dad I know!

ILOVEPAPILLONS
Mayor
ILOVEPAPILLONS

Hi ladies, Bren pleased to hear the op went well.

I have a friend who I haven't seen since school days but we are friends on facebook now. I still remember her so well when we were little. The poor girls husband dies in an accident. She meets another guy who is really good to her and one day she dives into the swimming pool and breaks her neck and is paralysed from the waist down, a couple of months later the boyfriend dies in an accident. Her mom passed away last year and she has a sister that she is so close too who if a few years older than her. This morning I go onto Facebook and see everyone commenting on her sister, I wasn't sure what was happening or what happened but her sister got sick a few days ago and died last night. How much can one person ensure. I just cant get over it. I keep thinking of her and imagining her pain. She has a son and daughter in law but her sister was her best friend. Also what made me realise is that this girl is in our age bracket and she died so young.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to ILOVEPAPILLONS

Bren if you were rich and wanted to share with us, I'd definitely let you. Hey, I have no pride left.

Glenda, so sad about your friend. That's just too many deaths for one person to have to handle.

Yvonne, be sure to keep us updated on your MRI results. I sure hope it's something simple to fix.

Having a scrapping night with my sisters tonight. Should be lots of fun.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to DKravec

Hi ladies spent the day with my scrappy friends, went to M's got great stuff for pennies and we had lunch, wow I miss that. Since I started working I haven't had fun time with my friends.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Martica

Yvonne please let us know the results of your MRI.

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee

• scrapwriter Said:
Yvonne - please let us know. I've had you at the top of my 'list' as I've seen all my sister has had to go through.

Dad has been wakened...He's Alive!!! in my best Frankenstein voice. He told mom he didn't want visitors he didn't want phone calls he just wanted to sleep - yup that's the dad I know!

YEAH!!!!! Great news!! Praise God!

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Euroalien

• Euroalien Said:
Lorna both you and Bren had me teared up today.... hugs to u two....

Happy Thursday... just got out of the MRI machine, now waiting on some results on my back....

I am still praying for you too. Hope that it is not serious.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics