Username Post: Brats Corner Latte Shop        (Topic#1568161)
babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Linnny

Linny you are so funny

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to babigirl

Looks like the Ravens won. Congrats to whomever voted for them. I personally didn't have a preference nor did I watch the game. We use to have huge superbowl parties back in our youth but haven't done that in the past six years or so. Too much work now. So, did anyone here watch the game. Were the commercials worth it.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to DKravec

Hi Deb I watched it all.... and I was going for the underdog the Ravens. Some commercials were funny like the Tide Montana Stain and the TacoBell Elderly, I also liked the Budweiser one of the horse recognizing his trainer at the parade they were my faves, but others were yuck like the goDaddy kissing one was disqusting. The performance at halftime with Beyounce was awful she looked like a ********/stripper. I am sure you can watch them on YT. Good night have to go to bed....

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Martica

Good morning ladies.
I need to go have a closer look at that red hair. Martica, you always look so great anyways.

Linny, I see you posted a new AVI. I must say you look marlalous darlin.

I told DH that for Valentine, I want to go have a good photo of he and I taken. We will see what happens. Especially since in March he is going with some people from his job to raise money for kids with cancer and shave thier heads. He knew that I would not like that. I do not object to the fund raising just the sensless head shaving. Now if he had long hair (I wish, love guys with long hair), and could cut 10 inches and donate it to the cause, I would be more in favor. I am just afraid that it will not grow back. He is the only one in his family that still has a full head of hair and it is starting to thin. In any case I want a photo before. I told him it will be LIGHTS OFF style in the old bedroom for a while. Maybe I should get him a wig to give him a hard time (pardon the pun).
Well time to get back to work. It is going to be another rough week, I can tell.
Love and Big Hugs to all

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Lorna Lee

Martica, did you cut your hair too. You look really cute.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Lorna Lee

Hello dearies!

It's a beautiful clear day...but cooooold!!!!!

Lorna, dh took that pic of me as I was waiting for the french toast to be served at the diner....that must be my anticipation look!

Martica, I agree about Beyonce. We flicked back and forth to see the commercials and half time as neither of us likes football. Aside from her dancing so erotically, her dancing is the same exact choreography for years! One would think with all the money she has, she could hire someone to give her a fresh look. Yeah, I didn't like it....

OK.....sipping my coffee and saying a prayer that when I call the imaging facility I get to speak to someone who can figure out where the hell is the copy of the disc i gave them so the dr could make a comparison of the nodules in my lung!!!!! After waiting a week, my doctor gets the report without a comparison....I gave them my last CT Scan and they can't find the download. So, at this point I still do not know the status of the nodules....bigger, smaller, more, less....ya know, the kind of things that make you a bit nervous. Deep breath..... calling the facility now.

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to Linnny

Telling you - book on the medical foibles in your life. Seller

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to scrapwriter

Happy Monday!

Had the game on last night (only time in the year football is on in our house), being a Swede I don't have a clue about it... the commercials was not good and Beyonce was just up there doing her moves and didn't hardly sing the whole time, just making strange noises - NOT A FAN!!!!
*** LUVED JENNIFER HUDSON AND THE KIDS ***

Enjoy your day.... hugs...

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Euroalien

Bren, I'd start writing that book, if my both hands worked post-op!!!!!!

Yvonne, I just watched Jennifer Hudson on YouTube....I too enjoyed her singing the Star Spangled Banner with the children.

I did, after wrestling with the receptionist for 10-15 minutes, got the supervisor on the phone. At first she seemed annoyed that she would have to speak to anyone directly....when I explained the situation and the facility's F-up (pardon my French.....qui!!!) she was very receptive...much more than the 'receptionist' . dh will bring the disc to her tonight and she will download it herself....and she apologized for the...ummmm, mess-up. There ya go, see, I can be a lady

Now, onto helping my son with his dilemna of the day.....does it ever end!

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Linnny

Answer for your quetion.
NO!
I just keep praying through each thing that pops up. DH said that I seem to be doing better. I told him that I do a LOT of praying.
He and I got to go for an hour alone to eat Saturday night. I had a couple of drinks and told him some things that I thought were going to be hard for him to take about his daughter (Ashley). He told me that the two people whose opinions that he values (me and son Josh) have now told him the same thing. Basically I told him that as a father, he needed to push Ashley to go to work. She sits around the house all day and maybe vaccuums once a week and may unload the dish washer once if asked. He said that he has been trying to lighten the stress on me but he is getting tired of picking up her slack too. I told him that while I am glad she is finally in school(at community college), she took the bare minimum classes and not even all basics just to apease him. She has one class a day, 4 days a week. REALLY???? An example of what has been going on. Thursday night, we decided it would be sandwich night. DH made a frozen pizza for her then after she ate she went upstairs like nothing. He put the pizza pan in the sink to soak.(she was the one that ate) It was still in the sink when we got home on Friday and she was home all day. He washed it. I pointed out to him that this was a perfect example. He said that he has been picking up the slack so that I would not have to stress over it and he is getting tired and will soon blow up. I told him that I can only do so much with trying to guide her but since he is picking up the slack instead of making her do it and she will continue to milk it and not learn anything. I also told him at the rate he is taking classes, she will be living with us until she is 30. I think that we had a good talk and are on the same page. I am so glad as I have been getting to the point of just wanting to walk away from the whole mess. I love him and I love the kids but I have already invested so much resources until I feel used. If I see him actually handling things, I will feel better. He asked me to get a white board for the kitchen to list things that I wanted done so I did that Saturday morning so that when we were talking I pointed out that I did what he asked now it was up to him to inforce.
Point to all this jabbering is yes Linny it is one thing after the other. So glad we have our faith.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Lorna Lee

Hello my friends, well my 1st day of orientation went well. It was very informative. They spoke about their Mission Statement, customer service and hands on situations how to act. Also the head administrative team and other departments came and introduced themselves. There were about 20 new hires from IT, Personnel, nurses, pharmacy, genetics, ER, dental assistant, and EVS (me) to name a few. Tomorrow they will talk to us about benefits, we will be given vaccinations if needed and given our business email. We will be trained in how to surf through the hospital site. It was very exciting to be part of such an important hospital.. I will keep you all informed .

Edited by Martica on 02-04-13 04:50 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to midnitescrapper

Hello everyone how is all. I am doing ok so exhausted. 12 hour work days really wear me out

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to babigirl

Babigirl I have 12 hr days as well so I can sympathize.

Lorna so sorry that the home is a struggle for you right now but so glad to hear that DH has stepped up more.

Linny you go girl and as soon as you get your hands back write that book or just get a voice recorder and go to town.

Martica I am so very happy for you my dear friend. I know how long you've waited for this

Dad was released into my mom's care. Yippee! it's because of you my faithful caring friends that this is happening so positively.

xoxo

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to scrapwriter

Hey dearies....

Lorna, praying for some peace under your roof...I'm glad your dh is finally realizing that he needs light a fire under Ashley's butt!

Martica, I'm soooo excited hearing about your orientation!!!!

Bren, so thrilled your daddy is home!!!

OK.....since I can't recall what else I was going to comment on, I guess I should say, "good night"

Good Night and Sweet Dreams

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Linnny

Good morning lovely ladies.
Linny, I agree with Bren about the voice recorder. You will make good money and will be able to have someone type it for you.
Bren, I am thrilled about your dad. Praise God for his wonderful healing.
Marica, What a great report. I am excited right there with you.
Shatema, I have been there with the hours, feel for you. I hope you at least get over time pay. I work anywhere from 8 - 12 hours and get the same pay.
I would like to wish everyone a blessed day. Even those that I have not seen stop in.
love and hugs
still honking.....

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to Lorna Lee

Honk honk

Got my MRI results and what they can see right now is a bulging disc at L5/S1 so now they are sending me to pain management... see what will happen next....

Bren glad to hear your dad got to go home...

Martica how exciting with your new job... good luck

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Euroalien

Yvonne, I am praying that the pain management works.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Lorna Lee

Good morning!

Yvonne, glad you got your results...hope pain management gives you some relief!

Need to pay some bills......at some point I need to figure out 2012 numbers for our accountant....I hate this time of the year! Self employed is a lot extra work. Nothing like getting a w2 and that's it!!!! Kvetching this early in the morning! Must have had a bad night

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to Lorna Lee

• Lorna Lee Said:
Yvonne, I am praying that the pain management works.

Thanks Lorna and Linny, I do hope something will give me relife from it soon.... I'm ready....
Been dragging with back pain in 6 1/2 years now, feel down a set of stairs on my behind....

Edited by Euroalien on 02-05-13 08:17 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Euroalien

Yvonne, I too hope the pain managment helps you. I've heard good things about it.

I've basically been hibernating inside. I can't stand the cold weather and I'm sick of looking at the snow. But I heard that spring was coming early this year. Thank God for that.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics