Username Post: Brats Corner Latte Shop        (Topic#1568161)
Diva
In response to Lorna Lee

I am new to this forum..but I will say it is so true. You work so hard to make ends meet, but just for a few extra dollars you don't qualify for nothing and you can't get yourself out of the hole! Having to face Colon Cancer for the last several months, barely working and not getting enough money from my working hours...but because of my "gross" income, I couldn't get off financial burden! SOmetimes, I thought..might it well quit my job so I can get benefits. Sad, what we have become!

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to bayamonesa1

I think that it is a slap in the face to the people who want to come to this country to make a life and do so legally. Like those born here, they get nothing. Fight with insurance that denies needed test and treatment. REALLY? Maybe the government is saving it all up for housing those that have never paid a dime in taxes. Just saying here that there should be some better guidlines. This is my last post on the subject, I am all gripped out.
Pray for our leaders that they will get it right.

Edited by Lorna Lee on 02-21-13 01:38 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Lorna Lee

Oh don't get me started.... I as you all know was out of work for almost 3 years and I tried getting food stamps for myself and I was denied, because I was getting $500 biweekly of unemployment and that was to much money. Yet my half brother came from Cuba and 3 months later he got medicaid, food stamps and money. Yet I have been working and paying taxes since I was 15 years old and 1st time I have been unemployed. My sons were born here and when my youngest tried to get $ for school he did not qualify, yet that same brother got $5000 for school no strings attached. When my parents came to this country all we got was a small box with personal hygiene items. Now they come to this country and get everything on a silver platter. Does not seem fair.

Edited by Martica on 02-21-13 03:50 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

auntieant
Expert
auntieant
In response to Martica

Hello Ladies..

Hope you all are doing just fine.

I know when I tried to enroll my daughter into school into Pre-K they told me I could not enroll her because I made too much money. That I could enroll her but I would have to pay!!! Me pay for PUBLIC education!!! I think NOT.. I was so hurt. And like I told the principal "so I have to go home and tell my child that she can't come to school because her mommie has decided to work for a living and provide for her and not sit on my a** and just collect a check every month." He said well Pre-K is not mandatory and that it's for kids that have parents that don't speak english and they need that extra help to get them a little boost. I was so pissed. I was like it's just not right. I hate when I know that the elderly gets minimum in food stamps or assistance but an able bodied person can get all the food stamps they need and don't have to work. I just think that young able bodied people should be given a time limit of being on the system. I don't have a job and we are still a family of 4 and we can't even get reduced lunch for our kids. Just sad and pitiful..

There is my rant for today..

Linny when I read about your wig blowing in the wind going down Main street I just had to laugh. You are such a hoot.

Have a wonderful evening ladies. Just finished my paper for Procedures class, watching American Idol. Really want to be in my scrapbook room but don't know what I want to do. LOL

Can't wait for Saturday to attend the Scrapbook Expo..

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to auntieant

Hi there ladies. I just finished my canvas that I have been working on. Somewhat abstract.
It does not look like I will be going to the expo. My BFF could not go do to moving and to be in a strange town alone and as directionally challenged as I am I did not aske for Friday off. I will just dream that I was there. My BFF and I made a deal. She is going to have a garage sale with all the stuff that she is not going to put in her new house. We are going to take part of the proceeds, save it for next year.

I hope that everyone is doing wonderful tonight.
May I extend a HUGE hug to each of you.

Hey where is Maggie and Dawna lately?

Oh back to the hug.
Have a blessed night and sweet dreams.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Lorna Lee

Stefanie, that is a crock of doodie!!!! Geez....paying for public school!!! Well one thing for sure a school can't teach a child is experiencing their mom's determination, perserverance, and accomplishments.... You are giving them a lesson that is priceless! Kudos to you dear friend!!!!!

Went to Pain Management.....nothing new....just needed scripts. There isn't anything they can do for the knee pain. I've had the sinvis injections years ago and did nothing. So, for my right knee I'm looking a replacement at some point; the replacement knee that's messed up, will probably always just be messed up.

Then went to see the hand surgeon.....a lot of talking.....possible reasons for pain and tingling. She suggests a special hand PT person. Also suggests an MRI. I'll pass on the MRI for now....might check out the 'special' hand pt'er.

I decided to get some walking in today as my knees and back were cooperating. They hurt most when doing steps. So I walked.....20 degrees and fierce winds, and I decide to take a stroll. Then I decide to take the bus home rather than car service. Waited 25 minutes in that weather for the bus!!!!! Now I'm coughing and nose is running..... So thrilled I decided today would be the day to start a 'step' program! And, I forgot to wear my pedometer!

the end

auntieant
Expert
auntieant
In response to Lorna Lee

Aww Lorna sorry that we won't be able to meet each other.. Well are you going to try to come to the Great American Scrapbook Convention in Arlington In June??

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to Lorna Lee

Lorna since you can't come up to the expo how about we plan a weekend together in the next few weeks. If you need a break from the family you can come up here or Maggie and I can come down and invade your families home.

Sitting here in my beautiful daughter's home and just enjoying the fact that I can look across the room and see her. Man I love this kid.

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to auntieant

• auntieant Said:
Aww Lorna sorry that we won't be able to meet each other.. Well are you going to try to come to the Great American Scrapbook Convention in Arlington In June??

I do not know about that one. Tell me more, please

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to scrapwriter

• scrapwriter Said:
Lorna since you can't come up to the expo how about we plan a weekend together in the next few weeks. If you need a break from the family you can come up here or Maggie and I can come down and invade your families home.

Sitting here in my beautiful daughter's home and just enjoying the fact that I can look across the room and see her. Man I love this kid.

Bren, I am so happy that you are getting to spend time with your baby girl. Priceless time.
Yes let's plan something. Either way will work for me. I would love to have a couple of days just to kick around with you.

Steph, would love to meet you too. June, you say?

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to Lorna Lee

I'm on vacation - please don't get me started on our country. I was able (facetious) to pay 35% of my income to federal alone and because of overtime I didn't even want was disqualified for IRA contribution. All this so my girls could be denied assistance for college. I hate to say it but why are we the ONLY country that has to allow illegal immigrants and support them too. No other country is criticized for sending them back.

OK - back to vacation.

Lorna - if you want to come up for the June expo we could go to that and meet with Stef, Norma and Donna. Think on it!

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to Lorna Lee

Happy Friday to you all...

Got 7.5'' of snow from the storm yesterday, happy we didn't get to bad of the snow and ice like others.

Enjoy your weekend - hugs!

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to Euroalien

When I got to US in 1996 as an legal immigrant I had to get insurance and pay taxes like everyone else, never got anything for free and now I'm fighting the wonderful insurance system to get some coverage for my DR. visits and procedures.

When u come here as a legal immigrant you pay BIG bucks to keep your papers/visa in good shape - not cheap!!! (Wonder where that money goes??? hmm)

Diva
In response to Euroalien

I know what you mean! I don't have any issues like the ones mentioned here but I believe in been fair and justice for all..even it comes to pay and there is should be at least some kind of requirements for services so people don't abuse them.

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee

• scrapwriter Said:
I'm on vacation - please don't get me started on our country. I was able (facetious) to pay 35% of my income to federal alone and because of overtime I didn't even want was disqualified for IRA contribution. All this so my girls could be denied assistance for college. I hate to say it but why are we the ONLY country that has to allow illegal immigrants and support them too. No other country is criticized for sending them back.

OK - back to vacation.

Lorna - if you want to come up for the June expo we could go to that and meet with Stef, Norma and Donna. Think on it!

That sounds like an awesome time. I need to find info on the expo.

laceyKat
Angel
laceyKat
In response to Lorna Lee

ooOOoooo! A get together with sb.com friends??? Awesome!!!!! I hope you get to meet up with them Lorna!!! You will love them!!!! wish I could be there to see them again too!!!!!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to laceyKat

JoLena, Camille received the card! Thank you, you sweet thing!!!!! She is really enjoying her celebration....it just continues every day for her!!!!

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to Linnny

Finally got hers mailed off today Linny, nothing like being late.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec

I don't even want to go into the way I feel about what this country gives or should I say takes away. They'd probably kick me off sb from all the words that would spew out of my mouth.

Yvonne, it looks like you received the snow and we received the ice. I never thought it could rain ice as hard as it did last night. Thank God I was in my warm home when it hit the hardest. It was kinda cool listening to it hit the windows tho.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

• scrapwriter Said:
Finally got hers mailed off today Linny, nothing like being late.

It's great.....just more days of celebration!!!! It's really making her happy!!!! She can't get over the sweet gals who don't even know her, yet took the time..... she's like me...she's a crier. Love them happy tears!!!!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics